Interview With Boo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview With Boo

WorldWideConnected.com: Can you tell me a little bit about your album?

It will come out in March and it is called “One Life One Love.” We just shot the video for the first single called “Make It Rain” which was a song I did with Jazzy Pha awhile back. The album has production from Swizz Beatz, Mannie Fresh, Jazzy Pha and a couple producers from Mississippi. We also got a guest feature from Bun-B. Really my formula have not changed and I am still on the same shit that I have been it is just about to come out nationally instead of underground. The people that have been following me thru my underground days will love it and it shows the growth over the years.

WorldWideConnected.com: How would it make you feel if you totally busted the doors open wide for Mississippi?

That is how everything is structured around me already and since day one I have been trying to put other artists on. I have dropped albums from other artists that is already on the label. If I get that opportunity to rep for them then it is not gonna be no problem.

WorldWideConnected.com: There is a huge rap scene in Jackson! Why has the state of Mississippi been slept on?

You have to look at the state of Mississippi and the south because a lot of people still think we are slow. They don’t know there is real dudes around here really living it and getting their money like they are suppose to. There are people that got real stories to tell! Mississippi is not Atlanta and there is not a lot of outlets in Mississippi. To make from Mississippi you are going to have to grind twice as hard as anyone else.

WorldWideConnected.com: That would make you appreciate more than the next man!

Exactly!

WorldWideConnected.com: When did you first album come out?

It came out around 1997!

WorldWideConnected.com: How did you end up with J Records?

I got introduced to this label in Miami and they were doing the independent thing too and we just connected. I took a lot of my material that I had already recorded and they had a relationship with Swiozz Beatz. Swizz Beatz arranged a meeting with J Records and I did the show case in front of the staff and they got real excited over the material. At the end of the meeting it was like “Congratulations, let’s do business.”
    The music spoke for itself! At the end of the day that is all we are working with and that’s the music!

WorldWideConnected.com: Do you have a website?

www.onelifeoneloverecords.com also go to www.myspace.com/boodabossplaya

WorldWideConnected.com: Is there anything else?

We good we covered everything!
    Check out www.worldwideconnected.com for Hip-Hop & RnB News, Interviews, Reviews, Audio, Videos, Articles, Mobile entertainment, Wallpapers, Dimes, Forum and more...

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Vic Romano, Today, 10:01 AM
0 responses
1 view
0 likes
Last Post Vic Romano  
Started by hjkrtuitvr, Today, 08:33 AM
0 responses