HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Ludacris Become "Mr. October"? Album Slated To Be Released Along With New Films!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Ludacris Become "Mr. October"? Album Slated To Be Released Along With New Films!

Ludacris’s new album Theater Of The Mind is hitting stores this October, but I cant help but wonder why/how the hell EVERYONE is getting their first listens, but SOHH Gyant. What the f*ck is up with that?

When my homie over Rolling Stone magazine called me up and told me that Chaka Zulu stopped by their offices to play a few cuts for the track I wasn’t trippin’ because “hey” it’s Rolling Stone. However, now I’m getting word that my homie Lowkey over at BET just got his listen and now I'm truly baffled.

I’ve been inquiring about this project since the beginning of the summer. I’ve spoken to Chaka Zulu personally about hearing some of the tracks. I was assured that it would happen, however now that EVERYONE seems to be hearing it but me [I'm sure I am being dramatic] it looks like I will just have to wait my turn like all the other consumers.

Perhaps I am overreacting, but I am STARVED for some quality hip-hop that I know Ludacris will deliver. While I wasn't the biggest fan of his last album. I am really, REALLY amp'd up about this one.

I know Ludacris and I haven't had the best relationship over the years, but I thought it was all luv, now. I guess being a trash talker and a sh*t starter has its drawbacks, but oh well I am what I am. Maybe they have some strategic method for hitting BET and Rolling Stone first and plan on incorporating the blogs later.

Since I haven't had the pleasure of listening to any of the project first hand at least you all can check out what LowKey had to say about it:

Before the actual session began, Chaka took some time to explain the album set up, and the events surrounding the album. Since Luda has two movies (Rock N Rolla and Max Payne) hitting theaters the 17th of October, they’re setting the album up to be released the following Tuesday, October 21st, in which they hope to achieve the top 2 movies in the country along with the top album in the country, hence the reason they’re nicknaming Luda, Mr. October.

Though we were sworn to secrecy about album logistics, I can tell you (since this specific information is already out there) the track with The Game is insane (and already my favorite)! It was produced by Clinton Sparks (who would’ve thought) and features DTP artist, Willy Northpole. Chaka emphasized that on this particular LP, Luda is rhyming to prove why he’s one of the most slept on in the industry. Sure, Luda is one of the most sought out artist in the game, but he’s also left off a lot of lists conceived by the hip hop community, therefore, this album should and will solidify his slot on the next Top 10 list. [Source]

SOHH what do y’all think? Can Luda pull it off and become Mr. October??

While we're all waiting for the album to be dropped I guess "The Preview" will have to suffice. Here's the mixtape album cover. Courtesy of AJ Dixon and DTP.

http://www.sohh.com/2008/07/atl-blog-distur.html
    Originally posted by midwestwitch
    If I were to find out it was you would be responsible for a teenage boy losing every ounce of a social life, cell phone, gaming consoles etc until he graduated high school and left for college.

is there a track list

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by ceracareavis, 06-24-2021, 08:47 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post Rapsodia  
    Started by PaulMEdwards, Today, 03:42 AM