• which NWA album??

i like str8 outta compton
    Straight Outta Compton
    83.33%
    *****z4life
    16.67%
    NWA and the posse
    0.00%

Efil4zaggin. I love Ice Cube's shit but I don't like the beats on Straight Outta Compton that much, and half the songs are old school filler. Still a classic but has a lot of boring tracks. Of course there's "Gangsta Gangsta," "Fuck The Police," "Dopeman," "I Aint Tha 1" and the title track, those are classics. The rest aren't even gangsta rap, although I still think "If It Aint Ruff" is decent. 100 Miles and Runnin' was stronger, MC Ren's flow was always the best and here his lyrics are his strongest, plus Dre's production was getting better. In fact there's probably a case to be made for that one being their best. But on Efil4zaggin every single beat was either good or great, a few of them I'd even say are as good as Dre's Death Row ones. The lyrics aren't as intelligent Ice Cube's, but they're better than the lyrics on The Chronic and much better than what you hear today. Also it's a lot of skits but those are the best skits I ever heard on a rap album ("turn off the fuckin camera, I'm hit!" lol). Everyone knows how groundbreaking Straight Outta Compton was, but no one mentions how Efil4zaggin was just as musically groundbreaking as The Chronic. That's probably because the lyrics are too hard even for some gangsta rap fans. There is one song, "She Swallowed It," which is only good to listen to if you're high and is not nearly as good its predecessor from 100 Miles and Runnin' (The classic "Just Don't Bite It" which has the best beat on 100 Miles and Runnin'). The rest are pure fire, and even that one is much better than the shit you hear today.
    "The world is changing and there are new opportunities for those who are ready to join forces with those who are stronger and more experienced" -Lucky Luciano (1897-1962)

Comment

By the way, 100 Miles and Runnin' should definitely be on that poll even though I didn't vote for it. I don't think anyone considers NWA and the Posse their best album, sure that had the legendary "Boyz in the Hood" and also the hilarious "A Bitch Iz A Bitch" and "Fat Girl" but it's basically just basement shit compared to their other albums, more for curiousity than anything else. I'm not the only one who thinks Efil4zaggin was their best one but 100 Miles and Runnin' basically takes everything NWA was about and puts it into an EP, a few people like that one the best. It's great if you don't like the old school stuff that is on half of Straight Outta Compton but don't really feel the horrorcore of Efil4fzaggin. Also there's really no denying that Dre got better and better as a producer with every NWA release, but in my opinion 100 Miles and Runnin' was where his talent first really stood out and he emerged as more than just a good hip hop producer. So there's a case for that one to be made too. But I'm sticking with Efil4zaggin.
      "The world is changing and there are new opportunities for those who are ready to join forces with those who are stronger and more experienced" -Lucky Luciano (1897-1962)

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by oneshotm3, Today, 08:29 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post oneshotm3  
      Started by oneshotm3, Today, 08:25 AM