HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 5 Songs From Both of Dr. Dre's Classics !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 5 Songs From Both of Dr. Dre's Classics !

THE CHRONIC (1992):

1) Nothin' But A G-Thaing (feat. Snoop Dogg)

2) Let Me Ride

3) Fuck Wit' Dre Day (feat. Snoop Dogg)

4) Deezzz Nutzzz (feat. Snoop Dogg & Daz & Nate Dogg)

5) Lil' Ghetto Boy (feat. Snoop Dogg & Nate Dogg)

CHRONIC 2001 (1999):

1) What's The Differrence (feat. Xzibit & Eminem)

2) Still DRE

3) The Next Episode (feat. Snoop Dogg & Nate Dogg)

4) Forgot About Dre (feat. Eminem)

5) Bang Bang (feat. Knoc Turnal & Hittman)

also, ya'll should really check out the news and discussions on DETOX at www.aftermathmusic.info ...they're mad dope.
    Aftermathmusic.com MySpace ! http://myspace.com/aftermathmusiccom
    You Must Go To : www.aftermathmusic.com www.aftermathmusic.info !!

The Chronic:

1) Deez Nuts- Best beat on the album IMO
    2) Dre Day- As fucked up as it is to remember the Eazy-E beef, this is the second best on the album.
    3) Bitches Aint Shit- On this one Dre almost sounds hurt to diss Eazy, as if he's trying to convince himself what he's saying is true. But the other verses are mindless fun and the beat is great.
    4) A Nigga Witta Gun- The hardest and most slept-on song on here.
    5) Nothin' But a G Thang- Not my favorite on here but still a classic

2001:
    1) What's the Difference- From Dre's dedication to Eazy to Eminem's hilarious verse, not to mention the best beat on the album, it's an immediate hit.
    2) Forgot About Dre- Not that layered, but definitely a lot of energy and more humor from Eminem. (Dre has definitely calmed down from his NWA days if he's telling Eminem not to kill his bitch)
    3) Murder Ink- The "Halloween"-like beat fits the subject perfectly, Hittman's verse is great and Ms. Roq has the best single verse I've ever heard from a female rapper. It's actually reminiscent of Eazy-E and Efil4zaggin, more so than any of the male rappers.
    4) The Watcher- I think the beat fits the reflective and nostalgic track perfectly, it brings this sort of twilight feeling to it.
    5) Still DRE- Of course, this is the one that let everyone know he didn't go anywhere.

An honorable mention is "Fuck You," that one almost made it on this list. By the way if I mention Eazy too much it's only because he's definitely an important topic on Dre's albums, to the point where he's almost an indirect presence on them.
    "The world is changing and there are new opportunities for those who are ready to join forces with those who are stronger and more experienced" -Lucky Luciano (1897-1962)

Comment

The Chronic

1. Nuttin' But a G Thang- Classic verse from Snoop Dogg...classic song altogether.
      2. Lil Ghetto Boy- I like the story Dre's telling here...its dope....
      3. Let Me Ride- Good choice for a second single from Dre...dope beat too...
      4. Fuck With Dre Day- only for Snoop's verse...Dre's lyrics on this were mad homo, not to mention this really isnt a diss track...i cant understand how it coulda made XXL's top 20 diss track list.
      5. Stranded on Death Row- Kurupt, Snoop, RBX, and the Lady of Rage all spit straight heat on this song...definately ill

Chronic 2001

1. The Watcher- Real dope lyrics by Dre (ehh i mean Eminem)...great opening track
      2. What's The Difference- Dre, Em, and Xzibit spit straight verses...Em killed it though....
      3. Still D.R.E.- Great way to come back in the game..excellent beat by Scott Storch.
      4. Forgot About Dre- Another good song
      5. Bang Bang/The Message- can't decide which one is better...since Royce wrote The Message of course it came off dope but Bang Bang is also crazy.
      Originally Posted by FaB514
      You have to preserve the color of your skin or else everyone will be brown
      Eminem started sucking ass after 8 Mile. He can't rap worth shit now.

fabbeddockamam

Comment

LOL ^^^ ur just full of subliminals

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Luciano
          The Chronic:

1) Deez Nuts- Best beat on the album IMO
          2) Dre Day- As fucked up as it is to remember the Eazy-E beef, this is the second best on the album.
          3) Bitches Aint Shit- On this one Dre almost sounds hurt to diss Eazy, as if he's trying to convince himself what he's saying is true. But the other verses are mindless fun and the beat is great.
          4) A Nigga Witta Gun- The hardest and most slept-on song on here.
          5) Nothin' But a G Thang- Not my favorite on here but still a classic

2001:
          1) What's the Difference- From Dre's dedication to Eazy to Eminem's hilarious verse, not to mention the best beat on the album, it's an immediate hit.
          2) Forgot About Dre- Not that layered, but definitely a lot of energy and more humor from Eminem. (Dre has definitely calmed down from his NWA days if he's telling Eminem not to kill his bitch)
          3) Murder Ink- The "Halloween"-like beat fits the subject perfectly, Hittman's verse is great and Ms. Roq has the best single verse I've ever heard from a female rapper. It's actually reminiscent of Eazy-E and Efil4zaggin, more so than any of the male rappers.
          4) The Watcher- I think the beat fits the reflective and nostalgic track perfectly, it brings this sort of twilight feeling to it.
          5) Still DRE- Of course, this is the one that let everyone know he didn't go anywhere.

An honorable mention is "Fuck You," that one almost made it on this list. By the way if I mention Eazy too much it's only because he's definitely an important topic on Dre's albums, to the point where he's almost an indirect presence on them.
          By the way I would have put "Some L.A. Niggaz" on there because I absolutely love that beat and hook and most of the lyrics are good but two things ruined that one for me: The fact that the most underrated rapper in the game, MC Ren, just introduces the track by cursing instead of actually spitting a verse, and also this track's street credibility is called into question at one point, since there is no such model of gun as Glock 44 and Glock doesn't make .44 caliber guns.
          "The world is changing and there are new opportunities for those who are ready to join forces with those who are stronger and more experienced" -Lucky Luciano (1897-1962)

Comment

who cares about the glock ? it was dope ass track, lol

Comment

The guy after Xzibit says 45 if that's what you mean, Lucky.
              Maybe you meant those exist though, so I dunno..

I'm gonna listen to them 2 albums again before I edit in my decisions, lol. Let it be known that Deez Nuts and Big Ego's are gonna be there somewhere though!
              ..Friend of the People

Comment

Originally posted by JSO
                The guy after Xzibit says 45 if that's what you mean, Lucky.
                Maybe you meant those exist though, so I dunno...
                My bad, haven't even listened to that one in a while and I guess my negative reaction to the MC Ren thing made my memory imagine innaccurate firearms referances, lol. I just listened again and yeah he said that and yeah, Glock makes .45 caliber guns. Thanks for pointing that out, before I accuse a rapper of saying stupid shit he didn't say. But still, the MC Ren thing is unforgivable.

Comment

Chronic:
                  1. Deez Nuts - nuff said
                  2. Nothin' But a G Thang - the first episode ;p
                  3. Lil Ghetto Boy - Nice story and I like the Daz hook too
                  4. And Everybody's Celebratin' - It kicks ass, end of
                  5. A ***** Witta Gun - Guess I prefer the first half of the album, huh lol

2001:
                  1. Forgotten About Dre - the speed and the lyricism
                  2. Still DRE - the tune kinda engraves itself in your head, lol
                  3. Big Ego's - dedicated to those with big egooos...
                  4. Xxplosive - The Nate solo thing kicks my ass and yours
                  5. Murder Ink - :: #murderer!#
                  ..Friend of the People

Comment

Originally posted by JSO
                    4. Xxplosive - The Nate solo thing kicks my ass and yours
                    Thank God someone mentioned this.
                    Originally posted by SteWonYou
                    sometimes you have to do what you have to do, and that might involve sucking dick
                    Originally posted by Temerity
                    understood that you don't fuck with Swizz
                    Originally posted by Nianco
                    Swizz...*Sighs*..I really hate you so much. I just want you to know that.

Comment

Chronic

1-Nuthing but a G thang
                      2-Bitchs aint shit
                      3-Fuck with dre day
                      4-Rat-tat-tat-tat
                      5-Stranded on death row

1-Whats the differnce
                      2-Fuck you
                      3-Xxplosive
                      4-The next episode
                      5-Forgot about dre

Comment

Here's his five best ones from other full-length albums where he produced every track:

Straight Outta Compton:
                        1) Gangsta Gangsta (hilarious and you see Dre's West Coast style start to emerge)
                        2) Fuck the Police (one of the most famous songs in hip hop, not the best beat here but a very strong statement at a time when those were rare)
                        3) Dopeman (Ice Cube is hilarious but grimy on this one, and again you see the some of the West Coast style. It also shows Ice Cube's social conscious, which he took with him when he left the group)
                        4) Straight Outta Compton (lots of energy and anger here, but again with humor too)
                        5) If it Aint Ruff (The only good "old school" track on the album in my opinion, decent beat and good lyrics by Ren)

Efil4zaggin:
                        1) One Less Bitch - (Undeniably fucked up but the best beat NWA ever rapped to, still one of Dre's best-produced and most disturbing tracks to this day.)
                        2) Appetite for Destruction- (Even more raw energy than the title track on Straight Outta Compton, an awesome bassline and vicious lyrics by Ren make this a must-listen)
                        3) Automobile (very catchy and funny, not to mention original, one of the lighter tracks on this extremely dark and nasty album. Unfortunately if you hear this album in order the humor might be overshadowed by the lingering horror of "One Less Bitch")
                        4) Alwayz Into Somethin' (The first true G-funk rap beat. Ren's loud delivery and "Clockwork Orange"-inspired lyrics aren't very G-funk but they're dope)
                        5) Niggaz 4 Life (It was very hard choosing this over "Real Niggaz Don't Die," "I'd Rather Fuck You," and "Approach to Danger" because those ones were all fire and in fact there's not one wack song on this album, but I choose this one because it perfectly addresses, and proudly embraces, how offensive the group was considered by both whites and black do-gooders. All three of these albums were very controversial when they came out but unlike the ones above and below, this one is still controversial to this day)

Doggystyle:
                        1) For All My Niggaz and Bitches (Snoop was hardly on this one but this was really Dre's, album not his. One of Dre's best beats out of a career full of great ones, and all the rappers flow nicely)
                        2) G'z and Hustlaz (Mind-blowing beat and Snoop flows beautifully)
                        3) Serial Killa (The beat and the lyrics both make this song "horrorcore lite," like something you'd play at a Halloween party rather than something you get fucked up and listen to alone with the lights out if you dare)
                        4) Tha Shiznit (Dre's beats for this album are definitely weed-oriented, and though I'm not that into that anymore this one of my all-time favorite smoke-out songs. The beat almost seems to light that shit up for you)
                        5) Aint No Fun (It was between this and "What's My Name?" but again there's not one bad song on this album. What's funny is I know so many girls who love this track, and not all of them are "ho's." An interesting thing to note is that this womanizing track was misinterpreted by some people as a gang rape anthem when it came out, which shows how much misunderstood gangsta rap and this album in particular were back then. Well, on the other hand the album I reviewed above did openly mention such things, but that was more the exception than the rule and Doggystyle was a party record not really a violent or shock record)

Comment

Hey Lucky, did you ever get my pm?

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by cbdgumiesreview, Yesterday, 07:57 AM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Allanmathew  
                          Started by buykarascbd, Today, 05:16 AM
                          0 responses