No announcement yet.

The Game addresses namedrops criticism!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Game addresses namedrops criticism!

While 'The Documentary' is already heralded as one of the best offerings of the year, Game took a second to address one point of criticism on his debut – namedropping.

While critics and fans have generally agreed the album is extremely cohesive and Game is an incomparable talent, he’s been panned for the liberal use of others names like Dr. Dre, 50 Cent, Eminem, Eazy-E, Biggie Smalls, Tupac and a number of others.

"All of people [can] say is I do a lot of namedropping. It's called The Documentary. It like me being a Hip-Hop reporter on the first album, shedding light on some of situation I went through, seen, experienced in my short time that I've been signed to Dr. Dre," he reasoned to AllHipHop.com.

Rapper Nas, one legend that gets mentioned on 'The Documentary,' said The Game's approach is healthy for rap in general.

"You have to be a student to be a teacher. He's a pupil and he tells you that. That’s why his name is The Game and I think that is a great look for Hip-Hop," Nas said. On his latest, 'Street's Disciple,' Nas also pays overt homage to several old school rappers including Kool G Rap and Rakim.

Like Nas, others see Game's namedrops as a sign of respect.

"I can appreciate the name drops on the album," said Dynasty Williams, a producer based in New Jersey. "I’m not a Game-fanatic, but I like the way he's mentioned Kool G Rap, Eazy-E, Biggie and others, even Serena's people that died in Compton. It shows he's got respect for the past and probably has met a lot off people in a short time in the game."

And Game said, critics may have a point but the nearly 600 thousand units he moved in one week speak volumes.

"People [are] still buying the album. They appreciate it. What about the dudes that ain't dropping the names that cant sell records? I rather drop names and sell records," The Game said sternly.

Posted by Webmaster on 02-09-2005 20:54
    Source: Eminemlounge.com

what do yall think about his response?

What Game says about it being like a documentary of hip hop isn't really valid because hes just dropping the names most of the time and not relating them to anything in particular and a lot of the time it isn't needed especially when mentioning Dre. Also "What about the dudes that ain't dropping the names that cant sell records? I rather drop names and sell records" Game seems to think hes amazing cause he can sell records, he was dissin Xzibit because he dosn't sell much as well but people like Nas and Talib Kweli don't sell much and they are much better than Game. Am no Game hater but this is really annoying how he keeps refering to record sales, basically tryin to say he is better cause he sells a lot.

Comment

selling records is like a sign from the public to The Game of respect, that's how he thinks about it...
      Saying it's a documentary is true, because he does give a lot of information, it made me think of The Eminem Show, but less private...
      My last.fm profile

Comment

Yeah KrisKross went platinum, that means they have more respect in the industry than Kweli.

Comment

Originally posted by shadyinstigator
          selling records is like a sign from the public to The Game of respect, that's how he thinks about it...
          Saying it's a documentary is true, because he does give a lot of information, it made me think of The Eminem Show, but less private...

lol dont even try to compare Eminem Show to the Documentary
          "The glock stay on me and the knife's for backup, I'm comin to the Vibe Awards, I dare you to act up!"- Young Buck

Comment

The Game is stupid. Period. He can sell 10 million records, he'll never have the influence of the Wu-tang albums.

Comment

iyts gunit records forum section not wutang , hes jsut showing his respect to legends everyone says they think jay z is good wen der not fasmous but if ya to say it wen you r dats namedropping dats bullshit , the game is a sikk man
              Buddhism is the shiiiiittttt

When Buddha can't help, I ask , What would BARNEY STINSON do ?

"When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story."

Comment

Game>90% of the rap industry today
                Originally posted by On The Shelf
                rofls you dont wanna get caught in one of them row by shootings lol
                LMFAO
                BRING THE TROOPS HOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shadyliberal05
                  Game>90% of the rap industry today
                  Coming from a guy who has the 8 (not 7 you moron) most commertial rappers as his favorite rappers list.

Go pick up some real hiphop, then re-evaluate how good game is compared to the whole industry.

Comment

F2theN calm dwn man wats up wit you ?? cant we tlk in a civilized manner ???

the game aiunt 905though hes proberly %50 of west coast hip hop but remember there is 213 and snoop dogg solo aswell as xzibit but the game is puttin the west back on the map

Comment

the game aint 90% its hard to type in da car ma bad

Comment

^u REALLY have no life
                        "The glock stay on me and the knife's for backup, I'm comin to the Vibe Awards, I dare you to act up!"- Young Buck

Comment

why do i have no life.is it because i have an opinion , what is it???

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by hjrtuirbgvr, Today, 01:13 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post hjrtuirbgvr  
                          Started by Vic Romano, Yesterday, 10:01 AM
                          0 responses