HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto shutdown program that actually WORKS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto shutdown program that actually WORKS...

can anyone recommend me a program to "buy " which does what the title asks for? i've tryed AutoShutdown and PowerShutdown, but they don't seem to work properly...
    One Be Lo / Discography
    Proof Discography
    Bugz
    VISHISS

what do you need this program to do exactly...i've never really heard of an auto-shutdown program. i take it it shuts down your computer at a scheduled time? specify.
    in my home country of Soviet Russia, road forks you.

Comment

well yea...i just want it to shutdown at a specific time...i usually leave my pc online downloading an album or something, and i have to wake up at about 2am to turn the pc off [i'm on dialup btw]...
      One Be Lo / Discography
      Proof Discography
      Bugz
      VISHISS

Comment

this free program switch off 2.3 available here http://www.download.com/Switch-Off/3...-10154101.html

seems to have good ratings in regard to actually shutting down, and its free so you can't lose anything by giving it a go

Comment

Might have to get it myself, saves getting out of bed, walking over to the pc to turn of shade 45 before going bed, now I can have it shut out on me during that exclusive snippet =D
          I don't need the hype, the words are right they'll sell themselves

Comment

There's actually a windows script that you can make yourself that will shutdown the PC at a certain time. I can't remember the exact syntax but maybe google will be able to find something.

Actually maybe this is it...Go To start menu, Control Panel, Scheduled Tasks and then click browse...you'll have to find the Shutdown.exe or something like that in your windows directory. Once you do that you can enter a time I think and then it should work. Anyways worth a try.
            Be Humble or Get Humbled

Comment

yeah that should work i believe its located in c:/windows/system32 although it did find one in C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386 also

Comment

Originally posted by sniper
                well yea...i just want it to shutdown at a specific time...i usually leave my pc online downloading an album or something, and i have to wake up at about 2am to turn the pc off [i'm on dialup btw]...
                hey man, i was a little shitfaced last night and therefore wasn't really sure what you were talking about...lol.

anyways, don't use any fancy programs or whatever, just setup a Scheduled Task (Control Panel > Scheduled Tasks), and follow the wizard through, and select "Browse" and browse to %SystemRoot% > System32 > shutdown.exe (where %SystemRoot% is your C:\WINDOWS directory) and select that.

now, where it says "Run:", and it has "C:\WINDOWS\system32\shutdown.exe" in the box next to that, add "-s" to the end of this command, so now you have this, "C:\WINDOWS\system32\shutdown.exe -s" (without the quotes of course).

You might want to also add this to the command, "-f"...this will ensure that ALL programs shutdown, since in some cases if you have unsaved work in say Micorsoft Word, and you try and shutdown, you get prompted to save or lose that work, and the system will not shutdown until you make that decision.

if you do not plan on having any open programs where the "-f" command would come into play, then stick with the original command i posted ^^^.

cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus911
                  There's actually a windows script that you can make yourself that will shutdown the PC at a certain time. I can't remember the exact syntax but maybe google will be able to find something.

Actually maybe this is it...Go To start menu, Control Panel, Scheduled Tasks and then click browse...you'll have to find the Shutdown.exe or something like that in your windows directory. Once you do that you can enter a time I think and then it should work. Anyways worth a try.
                  angelus you got it man.. except one small detail, shutdown.exe isnt enough, you gotta specify what kind, so its shutedown.exe -s cuz there are several other -"letters" possible, -s means shutdown the opc, and yeah you jsut add it to schedualed tasks
                  Street Games

Comment

Originally posted by mrMarcus
                    hey man, i was a little shitfaced last night and therefore wasn't really sure what you were talking about...lol.

anyways, don't use any fancy programs or whatever, just setup a Scheduled Task (Control Panel > Scheduled Tasks), and follow the wizard through, and select "Browse" and browse to %SystemRoot% > System32 > shutdown.exe (where %SystemRoot% is your C:\WINDOWS directory) and select that.

now, where it says "Run:", and it has "C:\WINDOWS\system32\shutdown.exe" in the box next to that, add "-s" to the end of this command, so now you have this, "C:\WINDOWS\system32\shutdown.exe -s" (without the quotes of course).

You might want to also add this to the command, "-f"...this will ensure that ALL programs shutdown, since in some cases if you have unsaved work in say Micorsoft Word, and you try and shutdown, you get prompted to save or lose that work, and the system will not shutdown until you make that decision.

if you do not plan on having any open programs where the "-f" command would come into play, then stick with the original command i posted ^^^.

cheers.
                    ha i shoulda read that before making my post
                    Street Games

Comment

oh shit...thanks alot for that...i'll see if it works tonight...
                      ive already tryed those programs from download.com ...they don't work well tho...thanks anyway...
                      One Be Lo / Discography
                      Proof Discography
                      Bugz
                      VISHISS

Comment

it didnt work...for some reason it asked me for a password...so i clicked NEXT [ignored it], it later came up with this [see pic below]...

what am i supposed to do?
                        Attached Files
                        One Be Lo / Discography
                        Proof Discography
                        Bugz
                        VISHISS

Comment

you HAVE to have a password in order for this to work for some reason. either create an account password under, "User Accounts" in the control panel, or try something different.

sorry man, i forgot to mention that. just figured people password-protected their computers.

Comment

yea i just did that...but i hate having passwords...i dont wanna have to type it in all the time ...thanks anyway...
                            One Be Lo / Discography
                            Proof Discography
                            Bugz
                            VISHISS

Comment

aight mang, i got ya a program. here's the download...also, sent ya a PM with some more info..

http://www.ayesoftware.com/asd/asd.exe

cheers

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by On The Shelf, 02-19-2011, 12:20 PM
                              82 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post | K Y L E |  
                              Started by oneshotm3, Today, 08:29 AM
                              0 responses