PC vs Mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC vs Mac

I have a PC now and i hate all the lag factors and virus threats.. everyone i know that has a Mac says they absolutely love it and it shits on pc's.... I was just wondering if anyone converted to a mac recently cause i'm thinking about getting one... and if anyone has any *intelligent* insight on the comparisons of them, besides that you can't use some programs just made for PC. .. .

let me know.

and i know this should be in the computers section, but no one reads that shit.

Well Im a Mac User have been for last 2 years, currently using the eMac, it has been great and I have said Id never go back to windows, however for cost reasons more than anything Im going to buy a Windows laptop for university, mainly because its easier to get broadband on joint connection with windows and programmes are easier to get hold of. But I would say go for it, plus they look a whole lot better. Drop us a PM if you have any questions.
    Vets > Norms

Comment

I care vs. I don't care

"I don't care" takes it easily

Comment

Mac for graphics and shit like that, Windows for everything else.

Comment

^ I hate when people say that. Yes, Macs are good for the arts, but they also excel in regular computer programs. Everything looks better on Macs, and it's hella easier to use than PCs once you get familiar with it. Searching for files is a breeze. The only thing I don't like on Mac's is that they don't come with a paint shop if want to mess around with.

Comment

thanks for the feedback people.

Comment

well, i just downloaded this graphic thing that has your windows PCs menus and everything look just like apple's ...
              actually the itunes i got along w/ my ipod made me do that. it kinda looked esoteric to me at first, but after some customizing i like it now.

i'm still going to buy a windows PC again.

yet i do believe it really depends on what you're doing with your computer mainly. like, gamers would probably not opt for apple.
              complete Eminem Discography

Eminem's gotta cuss in his raps to sell records, well me too, so fuck Will Smith. - Jimmy Pop, BHG

Comment

In a couple years Mac's will be using Intel processors anyways so Macs and PCs will more similar than ever.
                Be Humble or Get Humbled

Comment

well, the gigatron of the mac is nearly equivalent to the pc and according to my spectangular anylasis of the electronic spectrum, the pc is a way better machine based on data of the 2009 calculosis of the nanomachines gigabite processing processor anylasis club

Comment

<--- Mac zealot... I'm pretty biased
                    I've been using Macs for about 11 years and I haven't really had any problems with them. OS X keeps improving... it's secure and easy to use... however I have two gripes: 1) there isn't a Mac version of Winamp. iTunes is okay... iTunes 5 looks sleeker than before... but I've always wanted a fully skinnable MP3 player 2) no Half Life. Aside from that I'm able to do everything I need with no problems.

Comment

Never been a Mac fan. Too simple. Not that simple is a bad thing, but simple to the point of hand holding doesn't cut it for me.

Anyone with one of those Imacs (the ones that are monitor/computer built into one unit) can maybe tell me how they would add an extra 256 of RAM if necessary? Is it even possible.

Comment

Definately go with a mac... I have a mac powerbook... I'm using it right now while my PC collects dust. Macs have a more secure architecture. Better processors. Even when intel takes over they will be making better processors for Mac than PC. Switch for a week and you won't go back.

Whoever asked about the iMac memory... it comes with 1 - 1.5 gigs depending on what model you get.... why on earth would you want to upgrade. 1.5 gigs is enough to do realtime video rendering... while playing Halo AND doing graphic design... not that anybody could do all three. You can upgrade the 1 gig to 1.5 but thats all.

Mac >>>>> PC

oh and using an ipod with a pc is like using a brick instead of a hammer. The ipod syncs to a mac like a baby to a mothers breast. (two analogies for the price of one!) Also photoshop runs better on mac and now they have internet explorer (even though Firefox is better) and Microsoft Office on macs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) so there is really no reason to use PC's anymore.

and do a google search for Mac Virus protection... there really isn't any cuz nobody makes viruses for macs. Norton has a mac edition and noboy even uses it cuz macs just don't get viruses.

Trust me. I wouldn't waste my 3000th post to tell you false information.
                        Last edited by Masai; 09-09-2005, 08:08 PM.
                        www.CentralDigit.com
                        I rap gooder than I speak. ^There's the website.

My other aliases:
                        OnTheShelf
                        =TWIB=
                        justp1ayin
                        The Man

Comment

Originally posted by sinistersai4d
                          Definately go with a mac... I have a mac powerbook... I'm using it right now while my PC collects dust. Macs have a more secure architecture. Better processors. Even when intel takes over they will be making better processors for Mac than PC. Switch for a week and you won't go back.

Whoever asked about the iMac memory... it comes with 1 - 1.5 gigs depending on what model you get.... why on earth would you want to upgrade. 1.5 gigs is enough to do realtime video rendering... while playing Halo AND doing graphic design... not that anybody could do all three. You can upgrade the 1 gig to 1.5 but thats all.

Mac >>>>> PC

oh and using an ipod with a pc is like using a brick instead of a hammer. The ipod syncs to a mac like a baby to a mothers breast. (two analogies for the price of one!) Also photoshop runs better on mac and now they have internet explorer (even though Firefox is better) and Microsoft Office on macs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) so there is really no reason to use PC's anymore.

and do a google search for Mac Virus protection... there really isn't any cuz nobody makes viruses for macs. Norton has a mac edition and noboy even uses it cuz macs just don't get viruses.

Trust me. I wouldn't waste my 3000th post to tell you false information.

hahahaha. good analogies. yeah i heard mac's don't get virus', and if they do it's taken care of real fast... i went down to the mac store today and was impressed with their shit.

although it was pretty much all foreign to me, i could get the hang of it...

and by the way, anyone have any messageboards or sites on where to get free software for mac? games and such?

appreciate it fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuts_Rilly_Good
                            <--- Mac zealot... I'm pretty biased
                            I've been using Macs for about 11 years and I haven't really had any problems with them. OS X keeps improving... it's secure and easy to use... however I have two gripes: 1) there isn't a Mac version of Winamp. iTunes is okay... iTunes 5 looks sleeker than before... but I've always wanted a fully skinnable MP3 player 2) no Half Life. Aside from that I'm able to do everything I need with no problems.

yeeah no shit! sad to say, no half life is the only thing holding me back. i play counterstrike and day of defeat all the time! w t f. are there any mac games that are comparable to CS? ( like real recent guns, not spaceblaster shit and war games??? )

Comment

windows sucks, but who cares. its about the stuff you have on it. 80% of those little apps i use are impossible to find for a mack. + no games. and i love modding my PC.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by On The Shelf, 02-19-2011, 12:20 PM
                              82 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post | K Y L E |  
                              Started by oneshotm3, Today, 08:29 AM
                              0 responses