HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have 1.5mbps dsl connet, but I never get over 300kbps download speed!!!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anonymous
    replied
    Originally posted by PimPtasticPat View Post
    lol.you actually think server owners are going to pump out 1.5 mbs speeds? thats just your optimum performance level.
    thats right, just because a service offers a 10mb connection doesnt mean it will give you that

Originally posted by mastarks View Post
    so it doesnt make a diffrence if I have then 300dsl or 700 or 1.5? Is that really what your saying? since the server limits the amount u get?
    rep
    correct

Originally posted by mastarks View Post
    I guess if I have a roto and hook up the 360 and pc at the same time I shouldnt have a problem ? correct me if im wrong at 1.5mb
    that shouldnt be a problem, give it a try and see what you think, its down to personal preference

Originally posted by PimPtasticPat View Post
    see. i have a 3mbs connection, and on a server on sendspace, i only max out at 50 kbs, cause thats what they limit free users
    i dont think thats true, i have a 2mb connection and on many times i have got a speed of 230kbps whilst downloading from sendspace.com

Originally posted by Angelus911 View Post
    It also depends on what type of service you have...for cable, more users downloading at the same time = slower speeds...with DSL, the further you are away from their centers or amplifiers = slower speed.
    yeah thats true, the further away from the center your connection is coming from the slower it will usually be, plus the amount of people using the same type of connection from the center you are also doesnt help, this again is just how it is and nothing can be done really

Originally posted by csir View Post
    Mb is short for megabit and is 1,000,000 bits, or 106, Mb commonly usually expresses the rate at which data is transferred, for example, "10/100 Mbps" represents 10 or 100 megabits per second, the common speed of a standard network card.
    Also abbreviated as meg, MB is short for megabyte. A MB is a common measurement used with computer storage media. A Megabyte is equal to 1,048,576 bytes; however, the IEC defines that one MB is equal to 1,000,000 bytes, or 106. Therefore, a MB could really equal either of these values.
    Mb is differnet from MB... Most Internet providers go with Mb to make their speeds seem faster.
    Just do a internet speed test
    http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
    Take mine as example
    i recently did a few speed tests online and they didnt help at all seeing as they showed half of what my speed is capable of, i used the test (whilst i wasnt downloading) and it showed slower speeds than when i download

Leave a comment:

• Cesar
    replied
    Mb is short for megabit and is 1,000,000 bits, or 106, Mb commonly usually expresses the rate at which data is transferred, for example, "10/100 Mbps" represents 10 or 100 megabits per second, the common speed of a standard network card.

Also abbreviated as meg, MB is short for megabyte. A MB is a common measurement used with computer storage media. A Megabyte is equal to 1,048,576 bytes; however, the IEC defines that one MB is equal to 1,000,000 bytes, or 106. Therefore, a MB could really equal either of these values.

Mb is differnet from MB... Most Internet providers go with Mb to make their speeds seem faster.

Just do a internet speed test
    http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

Take mine as example

Leave a comment:

• Angelus911
    replied
    It also depends on what type of service you have...for cable, more users downloading at the same time = slower speeds...with DSL, the further you are away from their centers or amplifiers = slower speed.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick.
    replied
    well it does matter, for the faster speeds, you will still want a fast connection, if you have a 1.5 mbs connnection and recieve a dl rate of 300kbs, if you got your connection in half, by getting 700 kbs connection, expect you to lose half that speed

see. i have a 3mbs connection, and on a server on sendspace, i only max out at 50 kbs, cause thats what they limit free users

Leave a comment:

• mastarks
    replied
    I guess if I have a roto and hook up the 360 and pc at the same time I shouldnt have a problem ? correct me if im wrong at 1.5mb

Leave a comment:

• mastarks
    replied
    so it doesnt make a diffrence if I have then 300dsl or 700 or 1.5? Is that really what your saying? since the server limits the amount u get?

rep

Leave a comment:

• Patrick.
    replied
    lol.you actually think server owners are going to pump out 1.5 mbs speeds? thats just your optimum performance level.

Leave a comment:

• Anonymous
    replied
    Originally posted by Angelus911 View Post
    Yeah, and it depends a lot on the server you're downloading from. The only way you *may* achieve your maximum download speed is if you're downloading multiple things from multiple locations
    even then one may cancel the other out, it happens alot, you can download from two or maybe three sources but the strain will minimize the speed.. its just how it is..

Leave a comment:

• Angelus911
    replied
    Yeah, and it depends a lot on the server you're downloading from. The only way you *may* achieve your maximum download speed is if you're downloading multiple things from multiple locations

Leave a comment:

• Anonymous
    replied
    300kbps is good for a 1.5mb connection, on average you can download 100mb in 5-10 minutes

Leave a comment:

• mastarks
    replied
    no
    dsl have 1 of those little box

Leave a comment:

• Blaqk
    replied
    is it a wifi connection?

Leave a comment:

• I have 1.5mbps dsl connet, but I never get over 300kbps download speed!!!??

WHATS UP WITH THIS ? PLEASE HELP , is there a setting that I must change?

rep

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by alisahendel, Today, 12:44 AM
0 responses
1 view
0 likes
Last Post alisahendel  
Started by Smilert, 01-30-2020, 08:51 AM