ripping dvds with autoGK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ripping dvds with autoGK

i have looked through tutorials and all kinds of things but if somebody could help me here with this that would be good, can somebody tell me, how to rip a dvd if the vob files on the dvd are seperate and not 1 file ?

i think i have set the all 3 vobs on the dvd to be ripped but is that correct or not, the file size is showing big when i only wanted each vob to be 233mb ??

if somebody can help me

Originally posted by anonymous99 View Post
    i have looked through tutorials and all kinds of things but if somebody could help me here with this that would be good, can somebody tell me, how to rip a dvd if the vob files on the dvd are seperate and not 1 file ?
    i think i have set the all 3 vobs on the dvd to be ripped but is that correct or not, the file size is showing big when i only wanted each vob to be 233mb ??
    if somebody can help me
    http://www.notoriousonline.com/forum...ead.php?t=6746

I use this all the time, it all depends what you want converting. Normally you would click on convert movie files.

Comment

Originally posted by D Twizzle View Post
      http://www.notoriousonline.com/forum...ead.php?t=6746
      I use this all the time, it all depends what you want converting. Normally you would click on convert movie files.
      thanks but i will wait for a real answer to AutoGK, i cant view what that link is..

Comment

Couldn't you just demux/rip each VOB separately and then encode them one at a time to 233 MB? AFAIK AutoGK lets you queue jobs, so you could just process each VOB by themselves and you should be good
        Be Humble or Get Humbled

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus911 View Post
          Couldn't you just demux/rip each VOB separately and then encode them one at a time to 233 MB? AFAIK AutoGK lets you queue jobs, so you could just process each VOB by themselves and you should be good
          id just like things to be simple, i dont often have the time to sit around doing things so its best if i can set it up, come back in a while and have it complete... im going to try this soon http://www.divx-digest.com/articles/autogk.html

Comment

it's not really that time consuming to do each separately...the longest part of the process is the encoding part and that can be solved by putting each job in the queue and encoding them one after the other.

BTW, check out where AutoGK was actually developed and posted, on:

http://forum.doom9.org/forumdisplay.php?f=28

There are also guides on the main Doom9.org page
            Be Humble or Get Humbled

Comment

^yeah i check that out before.. i looked at lots of stuff on there but as i say, i just wanted something simple and not have to browse through lots of tutorials

Comment

r u ripping a movie or tv show ??

and take a screen shot of it for me please .. i might be able to help ..
                "Why would I save a world, I no longer have any stake in?"

Comment

^sorry i should have said, i've ripped about 15 dvds since i posted this, thanks though

but you could tell me, does it always have to do 2 passes, i know its usually better but it takes hella long sometimes... the first time i ripped a dvd years ago it took me less than an hour most of the time..

Comment

ripping the DVD and encoding the DVD are two different things. There isn't much you can do about the encoding time other than building a new PC with a faster processor. You could look into something that may be faster like Nero Recode, but 2 passes is probably the bare-minimum for decent quality.

Another option is to encode movies overnight when you're sleeping, that way your PC is free when you need it. I know I've done this several times, and it can be a pain in the ass if you want to do work and you're encoding
                    Be Humble or Get Humbled

Comment

ripping the DVD and encoding the DVD are two different things. There isn't much you can do about the encoding time other than building a new PC with a faster processor. You could look into something that may be faster like Nero Recode, but 2 passes is probably the bare-minimum for decent quality.

Another option is to encode movies overnight when you're sleeping, that way your PC is free when you need it. I know I've done this several times, and it can be a pain in the ass if you want to do work and you're encoding
                      well its not a pain for me, i dont mind doing anything, just sometimes it can take all day if im using the pc and i have the same pc as before but it used to take around an hour.. plus my pc is in the same state as when it could rip in an hour per movie..

no biggie, i can deal with it

Comment

could somebody answer this for me, Sometimes i leave my pc to rip and come back and it will be frozen and i will have to start all over again, could this be a copywrite issue or something like that ??

Comment

Does your entire computer freeze, or just the program itself? If it's your entire PC, it would be related to the CPU overheating/bad memory.
                          Be Humble or Get Humbled

Comment

Does your entire computer freeze, or just the program itself? If it's your entire PC, it would be related to the CPU overheating/bad memory.
                            its the entire pc and i end up restarting eachtime but i dont see how its the CPU or the memory as it only does it with a few dvds ive ripped to the pc with dvd decrypter, so thats why i thought maybe its copywrite or something stopping me ripping it to xvid ?

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Deborahlanker, 07-03-2020, 05:40 AM
                            1 response
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Monret
                            by Monret

Started by maxgrowplusuk, Today, 12:43 AM