Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just used the new mac and...

Vista PWN's

whats the big deal with the new mac anyways?? The only cool thing was the scrolly ball on the mouse. Thought that was pretty cool....

other than that....

boy was it a bomb

DISCUSS
    "Unless you're willing to have a go, fail miserably, and have another go, success won't happen." - Phillip Adams

I'm on mac now for a reason, heh.

I use Mac to do everything except play games... and that's when I boot into Vista.

Vista is just a ram whore.
    change must come from within

Comment

I own a Mac too, and Mac > PC. I've installed Vista and haven't used it more than 3 times, I'm just sick and tired of all the Microsoft bullshit and maintenance.
      Be Humble or Get Humbled

Comment

^^ really??

I thought vista was awesome.... im definitely saving up for it

i only used the mac for about 30 minutes.... so i guess i didnt get to see all the features, or do any research but what do you guys think makes it better than vista? (just wondering)
        "Unless you're willing to have a go, fail miserably, and have another go, success won't happen." - Phillip Adams

Comment

It's easier to access things. Like Expose, Live previews in the dock, it doesn't slow down after awhile (But Windows does with it's registry)

To me, Vista is just a flashier XP. UAC in Vista is reason enough to switch to mac. lol. I turned that off though.

I don't know, it's a better user experience. It's weird at first, especially if you're a long time Windows user. IMO 30 mins isn't enough time with an OS to make any sort of decision.

Comment

lol Vista IS Mac OS X
            HEADSHOTS; NIGGA FUCK YO VEST

www.***********.info

Comment

well... if you use VISTA for 30 minutes, and switch to mac for 30 minutes... the choice is obvious

Microsoft definitely stepped their game up this year with Windows Vista

oh... and I must put up an arguement with your "vista is just a pretty XP" theory...

Vista is actually a complete different OS than XP. Granted yes.... it does have ALOT of eye candy. But its the power behind it that you need to focus on.... not graphic capabilities. As a matter of fact... if you dont like all that Eye-candy stuff... you can always go to "theme's" in control panel and switch it back to windows 2000 block style.... or XP.

The security features we're looking at are verry improved since XP... HD compatable, record and watch LIVE TV. Amazing blutooth tools. A very nice new image manager, with tools such as cropping, red eye remover, etc.... (nothing big, but at least it gives you the option). A highly accurate search feature in your start panel, an all new windows media player expirience with WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER, that manages music, photo's, TV, DVD's and more.

Its just the complete media center for any home. Graphics are just the Icing to the cake.

Very different from XP... i could go on and on...

Comment

I'm getting a mac soon.
                http://musicdigglet.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ruff View Post
                  lol Vista IS Mac OS X
                  Here's a video of a guy being very sarcastic about VISTA, and overall trying to say that microsoft stole apples idea for their new OS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDNuq...elated&search=

and here's the video in response to that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI3VB...elated&search=

The guy in the second video's a bit of a nerd... but brings up some very good points. Microsoft and apple's Operating Systems are definitely two complete different machines.

VISTA PWN's

Comment

In all honesty, you need to use a mac for more than 30 mins to even begin to pass judgment. Before I got my Macbook Pro, I'd been using Macs at school for graphic design/web design classes and it definitely has grown on me. And once I got my laptop, the more I used it for work and just messing around with it, the more I liked it and preferred it over the Windows crap.

Yes Vista does have improvements over XP, but why should I use it? I don't have any problems with XP (virus, spyware or anything else). The time I've used Vista has led me to think that it's more of a pain in the ass than anything else. Maybe people who hate Macs but love the interface will think that Vista "Pwns".
                    Be Humble or Get Humbled

Comment

I mean... its not that i hate macs. I just have no reason to get one...

whats the big deal about them?? What does the new OS from apple have that Vista doesnt??

As far as User interface... yea, its a bit nice. But its still too damn weird.

so i guess my question is... what features does it include? How powerfull of a computer are they? And what makes you prefer them over windows.... (elaborate on the "vista bullshit")

Comment

http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/

The computers are as powerful as any PCs, they use the same processors now. Moreover I can run Windows when I have to using Parallels, without the need to restart my Mac.

My main gripe with Vista is that they changed the complete layout of the menus/control panel. Granted after a while you'll probably get used to it, but I don't see why they chose to move everything fuckin around, much like Office 2007.
                        Be Humble or Get Humbled

Comment

I like the updated interface in Vista... and Office 2007 is really, really nice.

But yeah... Windows is useless to me now (albeit gaming)... because I can run most of my Windows apps in OS X with crossover, lol.

Comment

You asked "what's the deal with the new mac" and mentioned that the only cool thing was "the scrolly bar thingy", so i'm going to assume you used an iMac with a mighty mouse. Just know that there are different macs (macbook, macbook pro, iMac and Mac Pro). I'd like to hear WHY you liked windows vista so much, because from what i've read and seen, its xp with a different (not necessarily better) interface. It's not just OS X that I like about apple, its the way they integrate everything with everything. Example - os/software/hardware updates. Have you (or anyone) ever tried doing Microsoft's "Windows Update"? The thing is such a pain in the ass to do. You would think that it's done simply, but I run into problems doing them even with a fresh install of XP. And don't say "pwn" if you want to be taken seriously . It's just as ridiculous as saying 133t or haxor.
                            Last edited by dirtyproof; 02-21-2007, 04:20 PM.
                            BIG PROOF FOREVER

Comment

^^ lol dude... we're on a message board... you'll hear people say "PWN or OWN or ROTFLMAOOO" 98% of the time you post here. (If you havent already noticed)

Now about Vista. I dont know how many times i could say that Vista is not just a "Pretty XP". I've already expained the difference in previous posts on this subject.

"But dont take my word for it" (reading rainbow reference(chickensm)- http://www.trustedreviews.com/notebo...ndows-Vista/p1

that review will give you more than enough information on why windows XP is the OS you should have.... and how it is not just a "Pretty XP"

enjoy

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bsdfiswew, Today, 08:40 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post bsdfiswew  
                              Started by basketballeven, 12-27-2020, 02:38 AM