• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bomb Them Into Democracy!

Targeting Civilians in Fallujah

"Please, Dude, Can I Take Them Out?"

By JEFFREY ST. CLAIR

Last April, an F-16 fighter jet cruising over Fallujah, the stronghold of the Iraqi insurgency, zeroed in on a crowd of people mulling about on a street corner in the heart of the city. The American pilot of the fighter radioed back to his mission commander asking for permission to "take them out."

The commander doesn't ask whether the street people are armed or pose any kind of threat to the plane or US troops. He simply instructs the pilot to fire away.

Soon thereafter the pilot releases his bomb and watches as it explodes on the street corner, killing dozens of unarmed civilians. An excited voice exclaims, "Oh, dude!" The pilots toast the bombing raid and triumphantly return to their base.

All of this was recorded on a 50-second videotape shot from from the cockpit of the F-16. The jocular banter between the pilots and the mission controller was also recorded on audiotapes. Those tapes, which constitute evidence of a war crime, have been in the possession of the Pentagon for several months, but they had not been publicly revealed until yesterday when a copy was leaked to a London television station. The videotape has not yet aired on US television.

When questioned about the tapes, a Pentagon spokesman murmured that the incident was "under investigation." It's an every-expanding list. Perhaps, accountants at the GAO are keeping track of them all.

None of this comes as a shock to the residents of Fallujah, Najaf and Samarra, who have witnessed first hand again and again over the course of the last few months not just the indescriminate killing of bystanders or the bloody collateral damage from errant smart bombs, but the deliberate targeting of unarmed civilians by US pilots and their commanding officers. The maimed and the dead of Fallujah and Samarra have been largely non-combatants, including hundreds of women and children. Yet, the bombing has intensified as the US elections loom.

Each of these massacres-from-above backfires on the Pentagon, fueling, not obliterating, the Iraqi resistance.

http://www.counterpunch.org/stclair10062004.html
    "When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny."
    --Thomas Jefferson

Those could be insurgants, you cant tell what they are on those video's you show.

Its under investigation, you believe Alex Jones I'll believe the investiation. If it shows that those were civilians that we bombed then charges will be brought up.

You cant jump to anything yet PassItOn.

Comment

^Learn how to read moron.

from the link

Whether these individuals were protesters or 'insurgents,' the way the guy laughingly exclaims 'oh dude!' gives an indication into the mindset of these people and the air of superiority and brutality held toward people that were supposed to have been 'liberated'.

Do militia who know they are a target freely roam on open roads when they know F-16's are circling overhead? Was this is protest or just a group of Iraqis who were on their way to an event? We've seen in the past how wedding celebrations were bombed.

Thank you for this PassItOn...I linked this thread in the General section.
      People need to see this shit.
      Last edited by Kain670; 10-08-2004, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Kill at Will; Make Judgements Later?

Originally posted by StereoType
        Those could be insurgants, you cant tell what they are on those video's you show.

Its under investigation, you believe Alex Jones I'll believe the investiation. If it shows that those were civilians that we bombed then charges will be brought up.

You cant jump to anything yet PassItOn.
        "The “tell” is in the audio. When the pilot asks permission to fire, he reports a large number of people… not armed people. People. And permission is granted instantly. This is an indication that the mission guidance is to shoot anyone who is in the street. This is a clear war crime, and one that begins with the commander’s stated intent in the operations order." --Stan Goff
        "When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny."
        --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

and you right wingers wonder why these people are so dis-appreciative of bush's bullshit freedom.
          everyones a terrorist.

thanks for the post
          This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
          Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
          Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
          And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!
          - Fort Minor

Comment

If this is true, then thats fucked up. People never voted for innocent people to die, Atleast i didnt, and if someone did, then they is some sick sons of bitches.

Comment

That's pretty fucking wrong
              I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas...

Comment

Where is the proof that this video is actually from the stated incident?
                http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

“if somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him” (Bukhari, vol. 4, bk. 52, no. 260).

Comment

just goes to show you the morons in america

Comment

Originally posted by Obie I Gotcha
                    just goes to show you the morons in america
                    yep because you guys are so much smarter right?

Comment

The whole war is sick. But what I continue to ponder is; is the removal of an evil dictator is in the best interest of the country as a whole. This man and his sons committed terrible crimes against their own citizens. If you spoke oput against them you were in danger of having your tongue cut out. So, is it morally right to be involved in the removal of such a dictator? Or only if this dictator is attempting to harm the people of your own country? If not, was it morally right to rid the world of Hitler? I think so. The manner in which the soldiers do their job is criticized over and over. Well, I am sitting here in my cozy little house where there is no chance of my house being bombed. That is security. I am not condoning their actions in any way, just trying to add some perspective. I wouldn't want to do that job. No way.
                      Props to NoFear for my avatar !

Comment

^You know America was the one who put Saddam in power in the first place.

Lets all thank Saddamn Huessin.
                        http://www.ericblumrich.com/thanks.html <<<watch that
                        Last edited by Kain670; 10-08-2004, 08:46 PM.

Comment

^^ No they didnt. While they supported him once he was in power, the United States had nothing to do with his actual rise to power.

Saddam accomplished that through his own bloody methods.
                          Originally posted by ethan20
                          There's a correlation between cervixal cancer in women and un-circumsized penises. Not to mention it almost cuts your bacteria count on the penis in half.
                          Originally posted by reservoirGod
                          Ethan sure does know alot about dicks

Comment

Originally posted by Julie915
                            The whole war is sick. But what I continue to ponder is; is the removal of an evil dictator is in the best interest of the country as a whole. This man and his sons committed terrible crimes against their own citizens. If you spoke oput against them you were in danger of having your tongue cut out. So, is it morally right to be involved in the removal of such a dictator? Or only if this dictator is attempting to harm the people of your own country? If not, was it morally right to rid the world of Hitler? I think so. The manner in which the soldiers do their job is criticized over and over. Well, I am sitting here in my cozy little house where there is no chance of my house being bombed. That is security. I am not condoning their actions in any way, just trying to add some perspective. I wouldn't want to do that job. No way.
                            Its obviously right to remove an evil dictator who does the type of things saddam does, the problem is that there are a ton of other mother fuckers running countries in this world who are just as bad or worse. Morals didnt come into play when the bush administration invaded iraq, it was about money and power. Your right about criticizing the soldiers though, I dont think its right what these guys did, but its not completely their fault and i think its wrong to judge people in situations like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Triumph
                              Where is the proof that this video is actually from the stated incident?
                              "Channel 4 News has obtained video from an American fighter jet showing it launching an attack on a group of people in a Fallujah street.

The American military have confirmed to us that it is genuine. But it isn't clear whether what we're seeing is a massacre or a military operation in this rare and disturbing example of real footage of the fighting."

http://channel4.co.uk/news/2004/10/week_2/05_iraq.html

It's not the soldiers fault they're being ordered to kill anybody walking in the streets, but the attitude with which they obliterate people – without even knowing who they are or what they are doing -- is sickening.
                              --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by nvvnqjzw, Today, 07:09 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post nvvnqjzw  
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 05:23 AM