...And The Assholes Win Again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...And The Assholes Win Again.

It is the day of the Australian Federal Election.
    And the self-centred, racist, arrogant, stupid, homophobic, Christian assholes in the Liberal Party have secured yet another landslide victory.

I am so disgusted right now.

John Howard of the Liberal Party came to power in 1996.
    Since then he has done nothing but evil.

He has violated our international agreements, by refusing to take in refugees, who fled persecution in the Middle-East and made it to Australian waters... furthermore, he used the issue to win the last election, by exploiting the ignorance of the average voter who doesn't know the difference between a "refugee" and an "illegal immigrant". He depicted these people as queue-jumpers, so desperate to get into our wonderful country that they try to sneak in the back door (as though there were an Australian Embassy in Iraq for these people to trot along to and apply for visas). To make things worse, when this country is generous enough to take refugees in, they are kept under prison conditions in detention centres, where they wait to be processed for an indefinate period of time.

He has lied to the Australian public on multiple occasions. In the most revolting instance, he told the voters that the refugees aboard the Tampa (which was facing off with the Australian Navy) were throwing their children overboard... naturally, thousands of Australians were disgusted by the idea of these horrible brown savages getting into our country, and voted for Howard; the strong, and courageous protector of the Australian people. After an election victory, it turned out no children were thrown overboard at all... oh well.

He has destroyed our once free university education system, by increasing student debt, capping the time available for students to complete a degree, and introducing a user-pays system which auctions off places in degrees to high-bidders, as opposed to hard-working and capable students.

He has neglected our floundering public school system, and injected money into rich private schools and Catholic schools.

He has crippled unions, by introducing individual work place agreements which encourage workers to bargain for themselves with the employer (despite how unfavourable the resulting deals might be). He has removed compulsory unionism in most federal workplaces, and shot down legislation which stopped non-union members from receiving union-negotiated pay rises.

He has done serious damage to the reconciliation process with Indigenous Australians, which has taken decades to build. He has refused to apologise for racist government policies of the last two-hundred years (including taking away Aboriginal children from their parents, and giving them to white families for the purpose of assimilation) despite the fact that tens and thousands of Australians walked the Sydney Harbour Bridge (and bridges in other major cities) to express their desire to publicly say sorry. To top off his stubborn effort of not apologising, he later childishly commented that Indigenous Australians should just give up and get over it already, because no apology will be made.

He took us to war despite the fact that the majority of the Australian public was against it. To make it worse, he ignored enormous rallies in all major Australian cities which expressed his peoples widespread discontent.
    He has weakened our “universally free” health care system, discouraging doctors from bulk-billing, and bringing greater cost to families.

And now he has three more years to do whatever the fuck he likes again.

The federal opposition, the Labor Party (think the Democrats), ran their campaign with the slogan “An Opportunity For All”.
    They proposed free education and health care.
    Accessible university degrees for capable students.
    An end to our involvement in Iraq.

The Liberal Party ran a campaign about interest rates.
    No policies.
    No ideals.
    Just a threat that if the government changed hands, interest rates might rise.
    And my country, and it’s stupid, greedy, and ignorant populated voted in his favour.

They don’t remember his wrongs, nor do they care.
    They don’t mind that his policies undermine freedom, equality and justice.
    They don’t care that he is racist, elitist vermin.
    They only care about their fucking mortgages.

It is frightening to know that I live within a population, which would happily vote for Darth Vader as dictating overlord of the universe, if they thought he would provide them with security from outsiders and a steady economy.

It is sickening to know that the overwhelming majority of those who voted for the Liberal Party, were the baby-boomer hippies of a generation past, who sold their idealism and souls for white picket fences.

It is sad to know, that due to the fact that I live in a safe Liberal seat, my one pro-Labor vote is worthless.

Democracy doesn’t work.
    John Howard is currently giving his victory speech.
    The Australian people are sick, stupid, self-centred fucks.
    He is smirking like the weasel he is.
    The baby-boomers are a plague of sell-outs and hypocrites.
    Tomorrow he will wake up, have breakfast, brush his teeth, comb his eyebrows, and use his senate majority to begin deconstructing all the freedoms that once gave Australians such a wonderful quality of life
    This is so depressing.

Fuck you all.
    Last edited by Rondell*Beene; 10-09-2004, 06:00 AM.
    OZ HIP HOP.COM
    THE RAP CELLA

I read just the beginning but i'm sorry your guy didnt win, but I guess he isn't that bad considering he won a fourth term. I think Labor put out a rather new, outgoing nominee which in the past has caused controversy with his words.

Howard also has the power of incumbency.
    Warpox exposes himself | Editorial 1 4 | 2Pox

Comment

^ Mark Latham isn't "my guy" as such, in fact, he supports a lot of things I don't agree with... however, there is no doubt that he is the lesser of two evils.

You're right that he has been outgoing and quite controversial (as a backbencher, he called John Howard an "asslicker" on national TV when questioned about Australia's US alliance... he also got plenty of media attention a couple of years back when he punched a cab driver who tried to rip him off with fares), however these incidents are easily forgivable (and actually quite funny), so they are not the real reason the Australian public didn't go with Mark Latham.

The latter factor (Howard's power of incumbancy) however, seems to have been much more important.
      People didn't vote for Mark Latham because things seem alright at the moment.
      We have a strong economy, reasonably low interest rates, and the suburbs are as white as ever.
      War, refugees, universities, unions and aboriginals aren't everyday factors in the life of your average working mother... bills are.

Why risk a change that might steepen the morgage?
      Why take chances chasing a better future, when it's safer and cheaper to sit in the security of the present?
      All politicians are liars, but the devil you know is better than the devil you don't.

Nobody has hope for the future anymore.
      Nobody believes in a fairness and equality.
      Nobody believes in peace and reconciliation.

There will always be death and taxes.
      So the taxes might as well be low
      OZ HIP HOP.COM
      THE RAP CELLA

Comment

I'm Christian but I think that Church and Government should stay apart. I mean, you want your fucking country to live but the shit you have to do is against the religion(s).
        "You must be taking too much heat/To Jump on MTV and Let go of the street"-Me
        "I'm a Scientist like anyone cared/My Equation me equals 3 mc's squared"-Me

Comment

^ Not everyone's Christian, and that's a great fact.........................The government should learn to appreciate it

Comment

I actually followed the election, and prayed Howard would not win. He is quite a zealous right winger, and his policies do seem inredibly racist. To me, it seems like he would elimante immigration completely if he could.

It probably didnt help that Latham described Bush as the worst president of the United States and a big threat to peace. I mean, being against the war is one thing, but strong anti-Americanism probably doesnt help.
            Originally posted by ethan20
            There's a correlation between cervixal cancer in women and un-circumsized penises. Not to mention it almost cuts your bacteria count on the penis in half.
            Originally posted by reservoirGod
            Ethan sure does know alot about dicks

Comment

Originally posted by kEgBeGgEr
              It probably didnt help that Latham described Bush as the worst president of the United States and a big threat to peace. I mean, being against the war is one thing, but strong anti-Americanism probably doesnt help.
              Despite what Latham has done or said, everyone thought he was doing a good job campaigning and strengthening the Labor Party's following again.
              Nobody could have predicted a loss this devastating.

What makes it worse is that even though the Liberal Party has a reduced majority in the senate, the balance of power is no longer with the leftist Greens (who used to be what stood in the way of the right wing passing whatever legislation it wants), but with the incredibly right-wing Christian "Family First Party" (who swing their preferences to the Liberals)... the family first party has been quoted calling homosexuals (and many other things evil) evil, and pubs "dens of satan"... as far as I'm concerned, people with viewst this cruel and stupid should not even be allowed to vote, let alone control which legislation passes through the senate and which doesn't!

The next few years are going to be tough.
              Worse industrial relations legislation.
              More racist policies.
              Probably a US free trade agreement which will destroy our pharmacuetical benefits scheme.
              More crippling blows to free education.

The sad truth is this, Australians are a sick, selfish, racist, greedy and stupid nation of people, and Howard is the best representative of that.
              John Howard is the man of the age.
              And there is nothing to look forward too.
              Last edited by Rondell*Beene; 10-09-2004, 05:33 PM.
              OZ HIP HOP.COM
              THE RAP CELLA

Comment

rondell, i couldn't agree more but the one scary thing is what would happen if latham came into power of controlling the many things that circulate around and make australia what it is and will become.. i don't like howard any more than i like watching paint dry on a wall but you must admit that howard has improved on our economy and what would happen if latham took power of that? it could fuck up everything. yes, that is a risk some people might take when they vote for latham, but i thought it's be safer sticking with howard even though i don't agree with a lot of things..
                Bang-bang when i chitty-chitty

Comment

^ Fuck the economy.
                  I don't care about having to pay a couple of hundred extra dollars (if that) per year in tax.
                  I don't care about a slight rise in interest rates.

What once made this country such a wonderful place to live were things like free health, a pharmacuetical benefits scheme, free public education, government funding for tafe's and unversities, and good working conditions.
                  The Liberal Government, which now controls both houses of parliament without a proper balance of power, has no respect for any of these ideals.

They don't believe in the rights of workers, refugees, students or families.
                  All they care about is the keeping the dollar strong, and the wogs out.

The truth is, Howard manages the economy at the expense of society.
                  And I guess this is a concession that the selfish voters of this nation are willing to make.
                  So fuck them.
                  I feel ashamed to be an Australian right now.

Perhaps I should move to Canada.
                  OZ HIP HOP.COM
                  THE RAP CELLA

Comment

^^ Yeah, we are still pretty good at keeping the Conservative Party at bay. If they ever gain power though......

Welcome to the 52nd State of America.
                    Originally posted by ethan20
                    There's a correlation between cervixal cancer in women and un-circumsized penises. Not to mention it almost cuts your bacteria count on the penis in half.
                    Originally posted by reservoirGod
                    Ethan sure does know alot about dicks

Comment

^ Who says we'd let you in the union? haha, kidding bro..
                      Warpox exposes himself | Editorial 1 4 | 2Pox

Comment

Originally posted by kEgBeGgEr
                        ^^ Yeah, we are still pretty good at keeping the Conservative Party at bay. If they ever gain power though......

Welcome to the 52nd State of America.
                        So...............
                        http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

“if somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him” (Bukhari, vol. 4, bk. 52, no. 260).

Comment

Originally posted by BriMcFly88
                          ^ Who says we'd let you in the union? haha, kidding bro..
                          Gallons and gallons of oil in Alberta says so.

Comment

Originally posted by The Un-American
                            Gallons and gallons of oil in Alberta says so.
                            Who cares about Alberta oil, its all about Saskatchewan wheat......
                            http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

“if somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him” (Bukhari, vol. 4, bk. 52, no. 260).

Comment

Im glad Howard won. We dont need another France in Australia.

Howard wins in October...
                              Bush wins in November...
                              Blair wins in May...

It will go down watch my words.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by tryketopremiere, Today, 05:25 AM
                              0 responses