X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL-Kerry Opens Three-Point Lead on Bush

POLL-Kerry Opens Three-Point Lead on Bush

By John Whitesides

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic challenger John Kerry expanded his slight lead over President Bush to three points in a tight race for the White House, according to a Reuters/Zogby poll released on Monday.

------------

hell yea

go bush...
    Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week

Comment

CNN survey: Bush maintains Electoral College lead
      Kerry appears to close gap in some key states
      From John Mercurio and Molly Levinson
      CNN Political Unit

ST. LOUIS, Missouri (CNN) -- President Bush headed into his second debate with John Kerry Friday night holding a sizable lead in the all-important race for electoral votes, but Kerry has made big gains this week in seven battleground states, a new CNN survey suggests.

If the election were held today, Bush likely would win 301 electoral votes to Kerry's 237, according to a new CNN survey based on state polling as well as interviews with campaign aides and independent analysts. A candidate wins the election with at least 270 electoral votes, regardless of the popular vote.

Bush's margin appears unchanged from last week. Boosted by his performance in the Miami, Florida, debate and new questions about Bush's rationale for invading Iraq, however, Kerry looks as if he is threatening the president's lead in New Hampshire, New Mexico, Wisconsin, Ohio, Florida, Colorado and Iowa, which hold a total of 82 electoral votes. If Kerry picks up Ohio and Florida, he would lead Bush in the Electoral College, 285 to 253.

New polls suggest Kerry has also opened up solid leads in two Democratic-leaning states where Bush had been threatening the senator's edge: Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

A senior Kerry strategist, Doug Sosnik, said the senator is even better positioned. Sosnik said their internal polls show Kerry has moved into a "clear lead" in both New Hampshire and Florida.

"We've gotten numbers back since the debate that show us ahead [in Florida]," he said, adding that Kerry "would win New Hampshire today."

Sosnik said Kerry generally had been running 2 to 3 points ahead in battleground states of where he is nationally. "The trends have been positive since the first debate, and we are well positioned for the second debate," Sosnik said.

Republicans strongly dispute such claims.

"Kerry's image has improved everywhere, that's true, but that hasn't necessarily had an impact on the horse race," one senior Bush-Cheney strategist said. "We're pretty much where we were a few weeks ago in all these states."

Both campaigns cautioned, however, that the dynamics of the race could change again, after Friday night's debate at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri.

Each week, CNN's political unit prepares a comprehensive analysis of the most recent CNN/USA Today/Gallup polling and public polling, combined with a look at turnout trends, interviews with strategists from both campaigns and parties, independent pollsters, and the latest campaign and party spending on advertising in the states.

Based on this analysis, CNN allocates states to each candidate to indicate what the breakdown of the Electoral College vote would be if the election were held that day. The map is not a prediction of the November 2 outcome.

This week's map, while unchanged in the overall electoral landscape, reflects national polls that show how profoundly the first presidential debate in Miami has affected the race. Bush, who led Kerry by an average of 5 percentage points in CNN's poll of national polls conducted before the Miami debate September 30, appeared to lead by a statistically insignificant 2 points.

"John Kerry went into the first debate as the candidate who clearly had something to prove," said a senior Kerry adviser. "But we go into the second debate with a very different dynamic. Bush cannot afford another serious debate loss."

This week, Colorado offers Kerry perhaps his most surprising opportunity.

"Colorado has tightened, I'll give you that one," a top Bush-Cheney strategist said, citing the strong candidacy of the state's Democratic Senate candidate Ken Salazar.

And while one Republican called Ohio the president's most "reliably stable" state, campaign watchers in the Buckeye State say Kerry has gained ground there in the past week.

"Things are tightening up a lot here. Wherever the race is, it's within the margin of error," said Howard Wilkinson, a veteran political reporter with the Cincinnati Enquirer. "This is now a much tighter race now."

Wilkinson cited two main reasons for the apparent shift toward Kerry in the Buckeye State. First, he said, voters are responding to the president's underwhelming performance in the Miami debate. Also, he said, voters have received another round of bad news on the economy, particularly in the state's southern reaches.

"Things aren't getting better, and it's starting to make a solid, lasting impression on people. There's a lot of economic pessimism around here," he said. "Forecasts for this end of the state are showing little to no growth in 2005."

Also, he said, Bush continues to draw no bounce from Ohio's unpopular governor, Republican Bob Taft. "Taft is pretty hard to find [on the campaign trail]," he said. "They haven't made a point of pushing him out on the stage."

CNN's Shirley Zilberstein contributed to this report.

Comment

kerry will win Fucck Bush and all his dumb brain washed supporters (republicans off course rofl)
        Bitch I'ma kill you! Like a murder weapon, I'ma conceal you in a closet with mildew, sheets, pillows and film you

Comment

Ehh polls dont mean shit Props to u for posting it though bro.

The matter of the fact is this. REgardless, john kerry is neck n neck with bush again. I remember right after the rnc bush was ahead by like 14 in every poll(even though they don't matter) now kerry is either ahead or right behind.

so it's fair to say kerry has the advantage and the momentum. Like i said if bush doesn't find a way to cheat again kerry will win.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today"

You couldn't make headlines with raised eyebrows

Comment

Bush could win by 35 points and Democrats would still say he cheated.

Comment

fuck Kerry.. He's a hypocritical, lying canadate. Bush is DEFINATELY more sifisticated. Kerry, when he was in Vietnam, was asked and did control a ship, but as it turns out, he wasn't even capable of doing JUST that. A fellow soilder had to take over. No, not navigating, but actually shouting orders, and shit like that. 2 of his Purple Hearts were caused from SELF INFLICTED wounds. Raising taxes? What a son of a bitch. Gas is already way to fucking high, what he wants to hire it? He has THAT much money to burn? Fuck him. Did you notice at the debate he said, what bout 6 times, "Bush, you've cause more job outages in 72 years as a president" Did your precious little John stop and think that maybe those 1.6 million jobs gone were caused from 9/11? Nope. Cuz if he did, he sure as hell wouldn't have said that, unless he REALLY is a dumbass.

Oh and something I thought was pretty damn funny was whenever Bush got up to speak, John Kerry would sit there and smile at him. Just this small smile. Then he'd jot down notes, as if to say "Hey Bush, meet me in my hotel room."
              Love, live life, proceed, progress

Comment

bla bla bla kerry will win.
                O CRY ME A RIIIIVVVVER OOO CRY ME A RIVER OOO CRY ME A RIIIVVVEEEERR
                fUCk Bush/Fuck RePUbLIcANS U foOl CanT see iT bUt ItS noT oNlY DemOCrATs Who OPPOSES u BUT the WHOLE FUCKEN WorLD.
                so dIE BIAAATCH DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE Biach lol rofl lollo l o lo loroflo haahmauhaha
                Bitch I'ma kill you! Like a murder weapon, I'ma conceal you in a closet with mildew, sheets, pillows and film you

Comment

Originally posted by Symptom
                  fuck Kerry.. He's a hypocritical, lying canadate. Bush is DEFINATELY more sifisticated..
                  That's george "dubya" bush. U have them mixed up and all of his failed policy's are proof.

Kerry, when he was in Vietnam, was asked and did control a ship, but as it turns out, he wasn't even capable of doing JUST that. A fellow soilder had to take over. No, not navigating, but actually shouting orders, and shit like that. 2 of his Purple Hearts were caused from SELF INFLICTED wounds...
                  Wtf u talking about little girl? Vietnam was one of the bloodiest wars ever. John Kerry's leadership, courage, and sacrifice earned him a Silver Star, the Navy's fifth highest medal, a Bronze Star with Combat V, and three Purple Hearts, awarded for wounds received in combat. John Kerry was awarded a Bronze Star for rescuing a Green Beret, who had gone overboard during a mission. According to his Bronze Star citation, "Lt. Kerry directed his gunners to provide suppressing fire, while from an exposed position on the bow, his arm bleeding and in pain, with disregard for his personal safety, he pulled the man aboard. Lt. Kerry's calmness, professionalism, and great personal courage under fire were in keeping with the highest traditions of the US Naval Service.

Oh yea don't forget john kerry volunteered to fight for our country, Did george bush??? Was bush in vietnam??? That's what i thought.

Raising taxes? What a son of a bitch. Gas is already way to fucking high, what he wants to hire it? He has THAT much money to burn? Fuck him....
                  Wow u are an idiot. Unless you're rich(which i can guarntee your not) He will not be raising your taxes. Bush has fucked up our economy, health care and many other things.

The matter of the fact is get ready to cry because john kerry will be the next president.

Also u should learn how to match up the faults u listed with ur candiadate cuz i really think u have them mixed up.
                  U shouldnt' comment if u don't know what ur talking about fagboy

Comment

About the war thing, hey, dont critisize me, cuz one of Kerry's fellow soilders wrote the book. So hey, maybe he did lie in the book. But all I know, in my opinion, Kerry is and idiot. I still think his "gay marragies, lets do it!" saying, is a little bit odd, don't you? Hmm.. He must be gay, cuz I mean look at his wife. She's loaded! So blatently he married her for cash, then decided "hey I'm gonna run for president and make gay marragies legal, so I can leave her, have my own money, and my own man!"

Comment

About the war thing, hey, dont critisize me, cuz one of Kerry's fellow soilders wrote the book. So hey, maybe he did lie in the book. But all I know, in my opinion, Kerry is and idiot. I still think his "gay marragies, lets do it!" saying, is a little bit odd, don't you? Hmm.. He must be gay, cuz I mean look at his wife. She's loaded! So blatently he married her for cash, then decided "hey I'm gonna run for president and make gay marragies legal, so I can leave her, have my own money, and my own man!"
                      U are an idiot
                      Nuff said

Comment

^^ Rofl why do u bother defending kerry everytime an ignorent opens his mouth roFl my PoSTs ARe enuff to answer them lollolo heh

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectDark
                          ^^ Rofl why do u bother defending kerry everytime an ignorent opens his mouth roFl my PoSTs ARe enuff to answer them lollolo heh
                          (imwstupid
                          http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

“if somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him” (Bukhari, vol. 4, bk. 52, no. 260).

Comment

I am wiTH FAggot ^^

Comment

HA. Funny shit you got there. Did I say I wasn't an idiot?

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by rplwpaf, Today, 08:26 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rplwpaf
                              by rplwpaf