HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the real UN please stand up? Does Canada even have leadership?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the real UN please stand up? Does Canada even have leadership?

I was reading the paper, catching glimpes of the newest waves of massacres/rapings in Sudan. Then I see that Tony Blair seems to be one of the ONLY ones leading the charge to actually fucking do something. The United States quickly labelled what was happening a "genocide", and though they havent done much else thats a start.

So I say, lets see what the UN has to say! Afterall, they were PUT TOGETHER TO STOP ATROCITIES COMMITED ACROSS THE WORLD AND CALL ME STUPID BUT I THINK THE SLAUGHTERING OF AN ENTIRE RACE CALLED GENOCIDE IS EXACTLY THE SHIT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE STOPPING.

Then I see. Its fucking bureacracy. Its a fucking embarassment. Those assholes are more bureacratic than the fuckers at the DMV when I had to renew my goddam license. They were put together to stop genocides. What is happening in Sudan is such a clear case, I mean, there is NO room for debate even for fucks sakes.

So, why havent they acted? Why have they done nothing? Why are they still fucking around with meetings? Do they think genocides WAIT FOR DEBATE??

I used to defend the UN back when the U.S. was calling them inept for not supporting the Iraq war. I defended them because their critics at the time were calling them inept because they wouldnt do whatever America said. But its not that at all. They are inept beyond belief. They wont even do anything in the most CLEAR CUT circumstances. Sure there are politics, but after a while, MURDER IS MURDER.

You cant have a coalition of countries, considering how different the goals of some countries are. I WISH SOMEONE WOULD BOOT FUCK KOFI ANNAN IN THE HEAD. THEY GAVE THIS DIPSHIT THE FUCKING NOBEL PEACE PRIZE???

Then I turn to my own country, Canada. Everyone in this country and the world knows how unbelievably pathetic our military is. And I dont mean pathetic as in its a big joke (which it is), I mean its pathetic like Leonardo Dicaprio in that drug addict movie where he sucked an old man's dick for crack.

However, I was looking to see if the people who make some decisions in our country (I refuse to call them leaders, because they do not have leadership qualities in the least.....the bitch camp counsellar where I went when I was little was a leader....these guys are spineless) had said anything. EVen if we cant do anything militarily, it would be nice if they just used strong leadership, just so other countries know that we still exist.

And they havent said shit. Goddamn, you can criticize the United States and the neocon conservative conspiracy where they used hijacking squirrels to take planes and smash them into the WTC in order to turn us all into turnips all you want, but at least the actually ACT.

Sometimes its impossible to defend your own country even when u want. Fuck Canada, they could learn a thing or two from the States.
    Originally posted by ethan20
    There's a correlation between cervixal cancer in women and un-circumsized penises. Not to mention it almost cuts your bacteria count on the penis in half.
    Originally posted by reservoirGod
    Ethan sure does know alot about dicks

Good read. I've been trying to point this out for a while. The United Nations is a joke. Whether you supported the Iraq war or not, you witnessed how the world body could not come together because of special interests. France vowed to veto anything. With Russia also having a veto, do you think something could ever get done about chechyna? Israel has a veto in the middle east it seems: that of the USA.

I wouldn't be so hard on the (lack of) Canadian leadership. You pointed out that the military is a joke, but they also do not have a U.N. seat nor does Canada look to medel in international affairs - something it should do more of though. Those countries that do tend to get involved globally branded with good reputations when things go right and bad reputations when things go wrong, so most prefer the non-risky way out.

America tried getting the resolution passed in the U.N....

But before the passage even of that modest measure on Saturday, there was opposition in the Security Council, in part because of the economic and political interests of its 15 member states, especially the five permanent members.

China is the single largest investor in Sudan’s oil industry; Russia has significant arms deals with Khartoum, and both countries want to avoid scrutiny of their own internal wars against various ethnic communities.

Pakistan and Algeria have either ideological or political interests in helping the government in Sudan. All four abstained
    Last edited by BriMcFly88; 10-12-2004, 08:59 AM.
    Warpox exposes himself | Editorial 1 4 | 2Pox

Comment

I wholeheartedly agree....people in Canada always say they are proud because of their "peacekeeping qualities", give me a break, all the Canadian military is worried about is charging a mentally handicapped former soldier for a crime he committed 10 years ago.
      http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

“if somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him” (Bukhari, vol. 4, bk. 52, no. 260).

Comment

At least the standard of living in canada is about as high as any other country in the world... It's probably smarter, being allies of the US, to not put much money into the military and put it in more important things... I don't know, though, honestly I don't know shit about canadian politics... But I know it's supposed to be as good as the US to live in. And when it comes to day to day things, that's all a country really needs - a good standard of living. It'd be good for canada for them to work and have more power, but canada's position in the world is not one of agression, and they are a democracy. Being our allies to the north I think canada is pretty safe and not controversial, and is probably a great place to live (only been to toronto though... but i loved it)

Comment

Originally posted by SlamboS
          At least the standard of living in canada is about as high as any other country in the world... It's probably smarter, being allies of the US, to not put much money into the military and put it in more important things... I don't know, though, honestly I don't know shit about canadian politics... But I know it's supposed to be as good as the US to live in. And when it comes to day to day things, that's all a country really needs - a good standard of living. It'd be good for canada for them to work and have more power, but canada's position in the world is not one of agression, and they are a democracy. Being our allies to the north I think canada is pretty safe and not controversial, and is probably a great place to live (only been to toronto though... but i loved it)
          But thats the point, we shouldn't have to rely on the U.S. militarily, it sort of robs us of our identity. I mean, we couldn't even stop the Danes last year from claiming an island off our coast. The Danes.....thats embarassing.
          http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

“if somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him” (Bukhari, vol. 4, bk. 52, no. 260).

Comment

In the future it would be nice if no country had to spend money on the military and could fund domestic programs instead. The $500billion defense budget for the USA could go along way in education. Most of the time the canadians pride themselves in being a peaceful country and make comments like "The USA spends this much on military and has no healthcare". Like many European countries, they can afford to bypass a defense program because they hide behind the power of the U.S. military muscle.

Comment

I think the government should help provide healthcare for the people who REALLY cant afford it but we dont need Universal Healthcare like in Canada.

Comment

We don't "hide" behind American military power on purpose..its inevitable that it happens because of the fact we are right next to each other. But its like Triumph said, it does rob us of our identity if we just rely on the United States. A country should be able to defend its people.
                Originally posted by ethan20
                There's a correlation between cervixal cancer in women and un-circumsized penises. Not to mention it almost cuts your bacteria count on the penis in half.
                Originally posted by reservoirGod
                Ethan sure does know alot about dicks

Comment

Yeah but USA and Canada disagree on alot of issue's but when it comes down to war in defense we always have eachothers back. It should stay that way, if for example Toronto had planes flown into towers there I would hope America would respond and we would. Just like you guys sent troops into Afghanistan to help us out.

Comment

Canada is a good country and I think both sides could learn from each other - but a population of 30million is always going to be overshadowed by the USA's 300million right below it, its the nature of the beast. I think Canada would make a better 51st state over puerto rico

Comment

The fact that Kofi Annan won't do anything about this proves that he will do anything to appease the Arab world. He is not only more sympathetic to them than the West, but also more sympathetic to them than his own people. I have doubts about the Iraq war because I think it might not have been the best strategic move against the terrorists, but I don't think it was a mistake to do it over the objections of the U.N. because we don't owe anthing to this disgusting terrorist collaborator Kofi Annan.
                      "The world is changing and there are new opportunities for those who are ready to join forces with those who are stronger and more experienced" -Lucky Luciano (1897-1962)

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by tkaxec, 09-24-2020, 11:10 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Smilert
                      by Smilert

Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 12:02 PM