Clear All

• Iran wants Bush, not Kerry, in the White House

http://www.canada.com/ottawa/ottawac...3-1176ea6e4ba5
    Iran wants Bush, not Kerry, in the White House
    Republicans preferable because party doesn't usually push human rights

Ali Akbar Dareini
    The Associated Press; with files by The Daily Telegraph

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

TEHRAN, Iran - The head of Iran's security council said yesterday the re-election of U.S. President George W. Bush was in Tehran's best interests, despite the administration's "axis of evil" label, accusations that Iran harbours al-Qaeda terrorists and threats of sanctions over the country's nuclear ambitions.

Historically, Democrats have harmed Iran more than Republicans, said Hasan Rowhani, head of the Supreme National Security Council, Iran's top security decision-making body.

"We haven't seen anything good from Democrats," Mr. Rowhani told state-run television in remarks that, for the first time in recent decades, saw Iran openly supporting one U.S. presidential candidate over another.

"We should not forget that most sanctions and economic pressures were imposed on Iran during the time of Clinton," Mr. Rowhani said of the former Democratic president. "And we should not forget that during Bush's era -- despite his hardline and baseless rhetoric against Iran -- he didn't take, in practical terms, any dangerous action against Iran."

Though Iran generally does not publicly wade into U.S. presidential politics, it has a history of preferring Republicans over Democrats, who tend to press human rights issues.

"We do not desire to see Democrats take over," Mr. Row-hani said when asked if Iran was supporting Mr. Kerry over Mr. Bush.

The United States severed diplomatic relations with Iran after militants stormed the U.S. Embassy in Tehran in 1979 and held 52 Americans hostage for 444 days. Iranian clerics were crucial in determining the fate of the 1980 U.S. election when Republican Ronald Reagan won, in part because Democratic incumbent Jimmy Carter was unable to secure the hostages' release.

The U.S. supported Iraq in the 1980-88 Iran-Iraq war, but by the late 1990s, U.S.-Iranian relations were somewhat better. They plummeted again after Mr. Bush accused Iran of being part of the "axis of evil" with North Korea and prewar Iraq.

The Bush administration also accuses Iran of pursuing nuclear weapons and sheltering operatives of Osama bin Laden's al-Qaeda terror network. Still, Iran was happy to see Mr. Bush destroy two big regional enemies -- the Taliban in Afghanistan and Saddam Hussein in Iraq.

Iranian political analyst Mohsen Mofidi said ousting the Taliban and Mr. Saddam was the "biggest service any administration could have done for Iran."

And Mr. Bush, he said, has learned from his mistakes.

"The experience of two wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and the responsibility Bush had, will make it a very remote possibility for him to risk attacking a much bigger and more powerful country like Iran," he said.

Mr. Mofidi added that "Democrats usually insist on human rights, and they will have more excuses to pressure Iran."

According to a leading defence think-tank, the U.S.'s power to confront the "axis of evil'' of Iran and North Korea has been seriously weakened after the invasion of Iraq. Over the past year, the nuclear proliferation threat posed by North Korea and Iran has worsened, as both countries exploited America's growing troubles in Iraq,'' said John Chipman, the institute's director.
    Howard wants Bush in power.
    Blair wants Bush in power.

Well so do the ayotollahs in Iran, which Bush called the axis of evil. One of the leading terrorist nations in the world (by Bush's own admission) want him in the White House...

Another thing I found really interesting, is that I could find this story NOWHERE but in the Ottawa Citizen. I looked on the net and could find it nowhere, not CNN, not Fox, nowhere. So I want you people (Petey Pop, StereoType) who always say the media is sooooo liberal to explain this too me. I want you to educate me as to why the "liberal" media would publish articles saying that various terrorist nations favour Kerry in power, but they are dead silent when one of the leading terrorist nations makes a similar statement about Bush. Care to explain?
    Originally posted by ethan20
    There's a correlation between cervixal cancer in women and un-circumsized penises. Not to mention it almost cuts your bacteria count on the penis in half.
    Originally posted by reservoirGod
    Ethan sure does know alot about dicks

well than they will be closer to being our allies with Bush rather than the secret techniques that Kerry would use to get Iran on our side, like he would all these other fictional allies!!
    GoodGameTV.com

Comment

Comment

^^^ Hey i got a better one

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today"

You couldn't make headlines with raised eyebrows

Comment

Nice - very interesting. I know you posted this to rebutt the "Putin supports Bush" thread but I feel its a different circumstance. I think Iran wants a Bush reelection because they know he won't get the support needed to lodge another war in the middle east. Putin supports Bush because of common interests - the war on terror.

Keep in mind Kim Jong wants a Kerry win and has said it numerous times so that cancels this one out anyway. Also, this doesn't show that democrats are better in dealing with outlandish nations. I guess it isn't just America that is divided for who should be the next president, or Europe.. but terrorist nations as well.

The most polar election ever?

*corny drumroll*

November 2nd.
          Warpox exposes himself | Editorial 1 4 | 2Pox

Comment

Kegbeger when the polls from the people of France and other countries came out and said they want Kerry over Bush, Liberal Media was all over that. When the Guardian (UK VERY liberal paper) sent letters to battle ground states saying vote for Kerry Media was all over that as well.

Also I was watching NBC and they DID report what you just said about Iran leaders wanting Bush.

Comment

Originally posted by BriMcFly88
              Nice - very interesting. I know you posted this to rebutt the "Putin supports Bush" thread but I feel its a different circumstance. I think Iran wants a Bush reelection because they know he won't get the support needed to lodge another war in the middle east. Putin supports Bush because of common interests - the war on terror.

Keep in mind Kim Jong wants a Kerry win and has said it numerous times so that cancels this one out anyway. Also, this doesn't show that democrats are better in dealing with outlandish nations. I guess it isn't just America that is divided for who should be the next president, or Europe.. but terrorist nations as well.

The most polar election ever?

*corny drumroll*

November 2nd.
              I didnt post it really to rebut the Putin thing, because that is easy to rebut right now. I mainly posted it to show how insignificant these things are... "Kim Jong supprots Kerry in White House...".. does that mean Kerry is in favor of terrorism? No. Does Iran supporting Bush mean that Bush favors terrorism? No. Thats my point.

The reason Putin wants Bush in power is because Bush is not as critical of him, even when he starts to peel back on democracy. Look at how Bush responded to this in the first debate, and then look at Kerry:

"Russia is a country in transition. Vladimir is going to have to make some hard choices. And I think it's very important for the American president, as well as other Western leaders, to remind him of the great benefits of democracy, that democracy will best help the people realize their hopes and aspirations and dreams," Bush added.

"I regret what's happened in these past months. And I think it goes beyond just the response to terror. Mr. Putin now controls all the television stations. His political opposition is being put in jail," the senator from Massachusetts said.
              Kerry was a bit more critical in his tone.
              Originally posted by ethan20
              There's a correlation between cervixal cancer in women and un-circumsized penises. Not to mention it almost cuts your bacteria count on the penis in half.
              Originally posted by reservoirGod
              Ethan sure does know alot about dicks

Comment

Xemce, the WMD issue is over. Blair, Putin, and George Tenet all gave information to Bush that stated there were WMDS. It's a fact. Considering that 2,000 americans died on 9-11 and you are dealing with a DICTATOR who has used chemical weapons to kill his own people and hasn't been complying with UN resolutions, what do you do? It was a difficult decision as the president has constantly stated. And who cares what the bulk of Europe or France thinks about bush or the united states. I don't think we really need the help of the Almighty wine-exporting cheese tycoon empire of France. Poland, Britain, and Italy is more then enough.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestSwing
                  Xemce, the WMD issue is over..
                  It is??? Last time i knew i thought our soldiers were dying in iraq because someone wanted to rush to war and thought wmd's were in iraq. His excuse is "oh everyone gets the same intelligence" IT'S A FUCKIN FACT THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES GETS MORE INTELLIGENCE.

It's a fact. Considering that 2,000 americans died on 9-11 and you are dealing with a DICTATOR who has used chemical weapons to kill his own people and hasn't been complying with UN resolutions, what do you do?..
                  What do u do??? Not rush to war without an exit plan, and try to say that sadaam had anything to do with 9/11 because sadaam had nothing to do with 9/11.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today"

You couldn't make headlines with raised eyebrows

Comment

It doesn't matter if Saddam had anything to do with 9-11. He was trying to acquire the means to re-start his chemical weapons programs and had CONTACTED al-qaieda in the past. The world is safer as a result, if you don't believe me, do a search on google about his torture methods and ask one of the iraqis that got their hands cut off.

Comment

How about this for a bottom line... remember the line "Anyone who harbors terrorists" ?
                      Well Iraq had traning camps for terrorist, thats harboring terrorists friends! Any way you look at it that sthe people we said we would go after remember? We were united under those principals... We did what we said we'd do!!!
                      GoodGameTV.com

Comment

damn Bush grouPies running around the forum
                        Fuck Bush/Fuck republicans/ fuck ignorents who worship bush
                        Bitch I'ma kill you! Like a murder weapon, I'ma conceal you in a closet with mildew, sheets, pillows and film you

Comment

Fuck un-educated liberals who only dislike bush because "fahrenheit 911 is kewl" that come on here trying to start a flame war for attention.

Comment

It doesn't matter if Saddam had anything to do with 9-11. He was trying to acquire the means to re-start his chemical weapons programs and had CONTACTED al-qaieda in the past. The world is safer as a result, if you don't believe me, do a search on google about his torture methods and ask one of the iraqis that got their hands cut off.
                            Yea he was chatting with Ben laden on al-quaieda.com forums
                            FuckEN IGNORENTS after all those facts thAT SADDAM HAD NOthing to do with al-quaeida yet u still deny it to defend bUSH lol how pathetic. Yep the world is safer we transformed one country into paradise for terrorist and our troops are dying every day and anti-american is spreading all around the world. WOW I REALLY FEEL SAFE THX TO BUSH.
                            Bitch I'ma kill you! Like a murder weapon, I'ma conceal you in a closet with mildew, sheets, pillows and film you

Comment

Fuck un-educated liberals who only dislike bush because "fahrenheit 911 is kewl" that come on here trying to start a flame war for attention.
                              lol fagget 99% of fahrenheit facts were real.
                              Now go suck bUSH dick plz

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Ameen, 09-08-2004, 12:26 PM
                              17 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Mark Ultra  
                              Started by mhukgkophmgu, Today, 02:29 AM
                              0 responses