Haliburton - what is the truth? shocking! :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haliburton - what is the truth? shocking! :(

As usual i'm providing you with some information and I'm assuming you guys will respond intelligently, so bitches please fuck off

HALIBURTON - WHAT IS THE TRUTH?

We all know Haliburton got a contract to do certain services in Iraq after the war. Since Dick Cheney once ran the company many assume that there was a fix - that the Bush Administration is paying back with personal"favors".

Now for the facts. Check all numbers on Yahoo! Finance if you do not believe me, or research Haliburton's financial statements. I am here to finally put the nail in the coffin regarding Haliburton.

Fact #1 - Bill Clinton is responsible for the biggest increase in Haliburton governmental contracts in the last 8 years.

It is certainly true that during a two year period Halliburton’s revenue from Defense Department contracts doubled. However, that increase in revenue occurred from 1998 to 2000 - during the Clinton administration. In 1998, Halliburton's total revenue was $14.5 billion, which included $284 million of Pentagon contracts. Two years later, Halliburton’s DoD contracts more than doubled.

Fact #2 - The "no-bid" contract was merely an extenstion of a contract that ALREADY EXISTED.

Regarding the Iraq contracts, Halliburton was accused by Democrats of receiving special "no-bid" contracts because of Cheney’s influence. One advertisement by the Democrats charged, "Bush gave contracts to Halliburton instead of fighting corporate corruption."

When Factcheck.org checked the facts about allegations by Democrats that there was a scandal because of the "no-bid" contracts awarded to Halliburton they stated, "It is false to imply that Bush personally awarded a contract to Halliburton. The ‘no-bid contract’ in question is actually an extension of an earlier contract to support U.S. troops overseas that Halliburton won under open bidding. In fact, the notion that Halliburton benefited from any cronyism has been poo-poohed by a Harvard University professor, Steven Kelman, who was administrator of the Office of Federal Procurement Policy in the Clinton administration. ‘One would be hard-pressed to discover anyone with a working knowledge of how federal contracts are awarded...who doesn't regard these allegations as being somewhere between highly improbable and utterly absurd,’ Kelman wrote in the Washington Post last November." (Emphasis added.)

Fact #3 - Bill Clinton used Haliburton in the Balkans. This is NOT the first time Haliburton is being used

An L.A. Times op-ed of April 22 said, "Halliburton Received No-Bid Contracts During Clinton Administration For Work In Bosnia And Kosovo." (Note from McFly: Was anyone bitching about no-bid contracts in 1999? I rest my case) An October 2003 article in the (Raleigh, NC) News & Observer quoted Bill Clinton's Undersecretary Of Commerce William Reinsch as saying "'Halliburton has a distinguished track record,' he said. 'They do business in some 120 countries. This is a group of people who know what they're doing in a difficult business. It's a particularly difficult business when people are shooting at you.'"

If Democrats want to investigate a scandal involving Iraq they should devote their efforts to the UN "Oil-for-Food" program instead of Halliburton. However, they will not because Saddam Hussein is not a candidate in this presidential election.

Fact #4 - According to a French newspaper in 2003, only three companies in the world were qualified to do every job needed in the contract that was awarded to Haliburton.

Would Bush rather the job gets outsourced to France? The 3 companies in the world that do what Haliburton does - one is in Germany and the other is in France. The French one is partially owned by Haliburton. What about this as a rebuttal - Liberals?

Amen.

ya ithink people blame bush for shit that isnt really his fault, but its the fault of the government in general. This just shows me that haliburton are connected into the government to such an extent that it doesnt matter whos in office, they'll get all the big contracts, within the next 4 years Kerry will probly toss them a couple contracts too, or some sort of subdivision or extension of the company.

Comment

I'm upping this for Agent, who knows jack shit about haliburton.
      Warpox exposes himself | Editorial 1 4 | 2Pox

Comment

I do not see why people are worried about Haliburton in the first place anyway, they are not the problem with America, BUSH IS! The Haliburton thing was not so much a Liberal issue as it is a world issue. If America went into Iraq with more allies in the first place, then more contracts would have been spread throughout those countries to help rebulid. All this Haliburton mumbojumbo only comes into play once Iraq is stabalized and is in the process of rebuilding, which MAY never happen.
        One convienient location...... somewhere in Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by Warpox
          As usual i'm providing you with some information and I'm assuming you guys will respond intelligently, so bitches please fuck off

HALIBURTON - WHAT IS THE TRUTH?

We all know Haliburton got a contract to do certain services in Iraq after the war. Since Dick Cheney once ran the company many assume that there was a fix - that the Bush Administration is paying back with personal"favors".

Now for the facts. Check all numbers on Yahoo! Finance if you do not believe me, or research Haliburton's financial statements. I am here to finally put the nail in the coffin regarding Haliburton.

Fact #1 - Bill Clinton is responsible for the biggest increase in Haliburton governmental contracts in the last 8 years.

It is certainly true that during a two year period Halliburton’s revenue from Defense Department contracts doubled. However, that increase in revenue occurred from 1998 to 2000 - during the Clinton administration. In 1998, Halliburton's total revenue was $14.5 billion, which included $284 million of Pentagon contracts. Two years later, Halliburton’s DoD contracts more than doubled.

Fact #2 - The "no-bid" contract was merely an extenstion of a contract that ALREADY EXISTED.

Regarding the Iraq contracts, Halliburton was accused by Democrats of receiving special "no-bid" contracts because of Cheney’s influence. One advertisement by the Democrats charged, "Bush gave contracts to Halliburton instead of fighting corporate corruption."

When Factcheck.org checked the facts about allegations by Democrats that there was a scandal because of the "no-bid" contracts awarded to Halliburton they stated, "It is false to imply that Bush personally awarded a contract to Halliburton. The ‘no-bid contract’ in question is actually an extension of an earlier contract to support U.S. troops overseas that Halliburton won under open bidding. In fact, the notion that Halliburton benefited from any cronyism has been poo-poohed by a Harvard University professor, Steven Kelman, who was administrator of the Office of Federal Procurement Policy in the Clinton administration. ‘One would be hard-pressed to discover anyone with a working knowledge of how federal contracts are awarded...who doesn't regard these allegations as being somewhere between highly improbable and utterly absurd,’ Kelman wrote in the Washington Post last November." (Emphasis added.)

Fact #3 - Bill Clinton used Haliburton in the Balkans. This is NOT the first time Haliburton is being used

An L.A. Times op-ed of April 22 said, "Halliburton Received No-Bid Contracts During Clinton Administration For Work In Bosnia And Kosovo." (Note from McFly: Was anyone bitching about no-bid contracts in 1999? I rest my case) An October 2003 article in the (Raleigh, NC) News & Observer quoted Bill Clinton's Undersecretary Of Commerce William Reinsch as saying "'Halliburton has a distinguished track record,' he said. 'They do business in some 120 countries. This is a group of people who know what they're doing in a difficult business. It's a particularly difficult business when people are shooting at you.'"

If Democrats want to investigate a scandal involving Iraq they should devote their efforts to the UN "Oil-for-Food" program instead of Halliburton. However, they will not because Saddam Hussein is not a candidate in this presidential election.

Fact #4 - According to a French newspaper in 2003, only three companies in the world were qualified to do every job needed in the contract that was awarded to Haliburton.

Would Bush rather the job gets outsourced to France? The 3 companies in the world that do what Haliburton does - one is in Germany and the other is in France. The French one is partially owned by Haliburton. What about this as a rebuttal - Liberals?

Amen.

Not to mention this post just proves to the world how much Haliburton relies on war to promote growth in the company, that they will ride every administrations dick to do it. This is just shooting you conservatives in the foot more than it is making a point. Plus, nobody likes Germany or France
          One convienient location...... somewhere in Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by gdillinjah
            Not to mention this post just proves to the world how much Haliburton relies on war to promote growth in the company, that they will ride every administrations dick to do it. This is just shooting you conservatives in the foot more than it is making a point. Plus, nobody likes Germany or France
            Germany > canada. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by gdillinjah
              actually, those are some awesome countries that close to everybody who's visitted them likes
              There is a power so organized so subtle so watchful so interlocked so complete so pervasive that they better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it.
              Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Originally Posted by gdillinjah
                Not to mention this post just proves to the world how much Haliburton relies on war to promote growth in the company
                So does boeing, airbus, lockheed martin, etc... however, the ten billion dollars it got from warfare is nothing compared to a $15-20billion annual budget for NASA, who contracts these companies out as well. These companies would make a lot more money working on projects like that and would most likely prefer that over warfare anyday.

Your point means jack shit, you are just really really really dumb

actually, those are some awesome countries that close to everybody who's visitted them likes
                I want to go to Germany because I think I will like it, but I disagree. I know lots of people who did not like it. A lot of them considerd it to be dirty as well. A lot of Europe hates Germany as well. When I was in a club in Warsaw, Poland, my friend told me that if I wanted to get my ass kicked, tell everyone i'm German.

When I was in Zurich I met a family that was born and raised in Switzerland, closer to the French side. She told me that the people in her area absolutely hate French people.

And although many people like France - especially Paris - a lot of people are turned off by how rude they are.
                Warpox exposes himself | Editorial 1 4 | 2Pox

Comment

Originally posted by BriMcFly88
                  So does boeing, airbus, lockheed martin, etc... however, the ten billion dollars it got from warfare is nothing compared to a $15-20billion annual budget for NASA, who contracts these companies out as well. These companies would make a lot more money working on projects like that and would most likely prefer that over warfare anyday.

Your point means jack shit, you are just really really really dumb

I want to go to Germany because I think I will like it, but I disagree. I know lots of people who did not like it. A lot of them considerd it to be dirty as well. A lot of Europe hates Germany as well. When I was in a club in Warsaw, Poland, my friend told me that if I wanted to get my ass kicked, tell everyone i'm German.

When I was in Zurich I met a family that was born and raised in Switzerland, closer to the French side. She told me that the people in her area absolutely hate French people.

And although many people like France - especially Paris - a lot of people are turned off by how rude they are.

oh yeah the people are hated, but the countries are cooool, but america and americans are by far the most hated out of the whole world
                  Last edited by AgenTGenev; 12-11-2004, 02:25 PM.
                  There is a power so organized so subtle so watchful so interlocked so complete so pervasive that they better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it.
                  Woodrow Wilson

Comment

I don't think people are turned off by French rudness, that's just a stereotype. France has more tourists coming into the country than any other, including the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by | K Y L E |
                      I don't think people are turned off by French rudness, that's just a stereotype. France has more tourists coming into the country than any other, including the United States.
                      european countries that = liked by everyone : Spain, Sweden, Norway

Comment

lol @ "Germany > Canada".....

There's lots to see/do in Canada, and we do get lots of tourists too.
                        Originally posted by ethan20
                        There's a correlation between cervixal cancer in women and un-circumsized penises. Not to mention it almost cuts your bacteria count on the penis in half.
                        Originally posted by reservoirGod
                        Ethan sure does know alot about dicks

Comment

Wait Brian, it must be some kind of conspiracy, none of this stuff can be true, I don't believe it.

As for the guy who said Gemany>Canada......give me a break.
                          http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

“if somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him” (Bukhari, vol. 4, bk. 52, no. 260).

Comment

Originally posted by | K Y L E |
                            Actually, Spain Italy and Greece have more then any other countries, at least in 2002.
                            http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

“if somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him” (Bukhari, vol. 4, bk. 52, no. 260).

Comment

^You're having a laugh aren't you? France had 75+ million tourists in 2002, and is renowned for being the most visited country in the world consistently. Spain has something around 50 million anually, and Italy and Greece fall short of that number.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Drishk, 09-23-2020, 06:49 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Smilert
                              by Smilert

Started by toddmaxwell, Today, 03:58 AM