Why does Bush say "They hate us for our freedom?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does Bush say "They hate us for our freedom?"

thats just another example of how bush is in a bubble and that he says we're fighting terrorism, but he clearly doesnt understand the concept of terrorism or the mindset of a terrorist

no wonder he got lost caught up in Iraq.....

but really, why does the person who holds the Presidency of the United States say such a dumb ass comment? 2#:-(

WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET

WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET

Yeah I dont understand Bush either.
    Arent Terrorists meant to fight for freedom, meaning they want freedom?
    "Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile."
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

the infidel women don't have to wear head dresses and the terrorists HATE that

Comment

Terrorist want freedom and since they don't have it they hate America because we DO have freedom.There you go that's why he said it.

Comment

Maybe it's because we have a free society meaning that our government doesnt dictate what we can and can't do. Oh yes we still complain about our government restricting us from certain things but you can be, say, openly homosexual in our society. Women can wear practically nothing and it is accepted.

These terrorists are not the "Freedom Fighters" you see in movies. They are relgious radicals who beieve that their duty to Allah is to kill as many "infidels" as they can before they die.

Bush says things like that because he's an absolute idiot when it comes to any type of public speaking. Seriously the guy should not be allowed to talk in public, I wonder why his campaign advisors even let it go on. But there ya go.
          Clean Since: 12.10.08

Comment

Originally posted by PlasticSturgeon
            Terrorist want freedom and since they don't have it they hate America because we DO have freedom.There you go that's why he said it.
            Terrorist want freedom and since they dont have it they attack America?

That makes absolutely no fucking sense. There was nothing stopping bin Laden or al-Zawari from moving to another country and living freely.

They really dont hate freedom in the States. They couldnt care less.

The attack because they are religious fanatics who are delusional. Plain and simple.
            Originally posted by ethan20
            There's a correlation between cervixal cancer in women and un-circumsized penises. Not to mention it almost cuts your bacteria count on the penis in half.
            Originally posted by reservoirGod
            Ethan sure does know alot about dicks

Comment

NO THEY WERE ATTICKING USA BECAUSE OF USA PEOPLE NOT MINDING THERE OWN FUCKING BISNIZZ!! Thats fucking why ! USA WANT 2 CONTROLE THE WHOLE FUCKING WORLD!
              THINKING THAT THEY ARE SUPIRIOR! AND THATS IT PLAIN AND SIMPLE !
              FUCK IT!

Comment

Originally posted by kEgBeGgEr

That makes absolutely no fucking sense. There was nothing stopping bin Laden or al-Zawari from moving to another country and living freely.

The attack because they are religious fanatics who are delusional. Plain and simple.
                Im sorry the idea of jealousy doesn't make any sense to you.Terrorist have came out and said straight up because we abuse the freedom's we have we are evil and need to die.

Comment

................................What the fuck would happen if a bunch of foreigner's started trying to take over a gangster hood. Bullets would for sure be motherfuckin flying.

The "Terrorists" aka "Iraqi's" are fighting and killing American's because they want freedom. Freedom from American's!

Comment

here is my idea of why they could hate our freedom:

In my opinion, whether they admit it or not, the republican party supports christian ideals (pro-life, being against gay marraige, against stem cell research) because its voter base is largely made up of christians. The moral decisions of a party will reflect its voter base, so the republican party is fighting for a christian set of morals.

To a republican, they aren't pro-choice because they believe it is wrong for anyone in society anywhere to be practicing abortion. The argument, "if you don't like abortion, then don't have one," isn't valid to them. Nobody should be doing it in their opinions. This means that if abortion is legal, many of them will look down upon and in many cases resent people that do choose to have an abortion.

If a girl chooses to have an abortion, she is partaking in an action that the christian community looks down upon. Many Christians, if they knew this girl, would not be supportive of her choosing an abortion. Why? Because they don't think it's right for someone to exercize their legal freedom to have an abortion.

So regardless of whether or not abortion is right or wrong, people tend to have strong feelings about things that conflict with their set of morals. And it's not just republicans, it's everyone. If a presidential candidate supported slavery, there would be public outrage. Just about everyone in America now thinks slavery is completely evil. It works for everyone. People have a set of morals - the things they think are right- and they tend to stand beyind it. The same is true for the arabs.

America's actions overseas is angering to people in al qaeda for religious reasons. They see us as infidels attacking islam. They see us as a violation of what they believe in. Our women can go around without wearing a veil. Their women can't. And just as most republicans (the republican party platform) don't think a society should have abortions, many arabs don't think women should show their faces. They think it's wrong that we do in fact. They think that having infidels on arab turf is an invasion of western ideas against their set of beliefs.

In many of those countries, freedom of religion is virtually nonexistent. For the most part in their societies they have to be muslim. In America we don't have to be any religion. They don't like that. They don't like American culture because it's an assault on their culture. They don't like America's military actions because it threatens what they think is right.

So they hate us because we are free to chose paths that they wouldn't. We can do things without their religious doctrine. We aren't constrained by religion in America like some people in other countries. We are more free and thus more free do to things they think are wrong. They hate that freedom.

So Bush's statement is something I do agree with. But I still think the statement is misleading. It makes it sound like these people are evil because they "hate freedom." I don't think they hate freedom in general. I think they like freedom as long as it's in compliance with their views. I think this is a case of the word being used in two different ways. They want freedom - they want their countries to be untouched by the United States. They want, as a people, to run their own governments and not have a government installed by infidels. It's threatening to them. On the other hand, we are fighting for freedom of religion, for freedom of their women. We're fighting for freedom from an evil dictator. Somehow we're both fighting for some sort of freedom. It's just that we have different ideas of what freedom is. There's a lot of irony in this war on terror. We're trying to force people to be free. Wow. That's insane.

I also agree with John Kerry's statement that the war on terror isn't a real (hot) war, but a war/clash of idealogies. For my reasons, read above.

Comment

Originally posted by kEgBeGgEr

[email protected] fanatics...you can say same about Bush.

Number one reason Osama attacked United States 9/11...US have troops occupying Saudi Arabia the Islamic Holy Land.

2. US funding and supporting Israeli actions against Palestine, Lebanon, Iraq and Iran.

3. Bush using the word CRUSADE didn't help :D

Comment

Bush's an idiot might be the short answer to your question.

Comment

Originally posted by SlamboS
                          here is my idea of why they could hate our freedom:

In my opinion, whether they admit it or not, the republican party supports christian ideals (pro-life, being against gay marraige, against stem cell research) because its voter base is largely made up of christians. The moral decisions of a party will reflect its voter base, so the republican party is fighting for a christian set of morals.

To a republican, they aren't pro-choice because they believe it is wrong for anyone in society anywhere to be practicing abortion. The argument, "if you don't like abortion, then don't have one," isn't valid to them. Nobody should be doing it in their opinions. This means that if abortion is legal, many of them will look down upon and in many cases resent people that do choose to have an abortion.

If a girl chooses to have an abortion, she is partaking in an action that the christian community looks down upon. Many Christians, if they knew this girl, would not be supportive of her choosing an abortion. Why? Because they don't think it's right for someone to exercize their legal freedom to have an abortion.

So regardless of whether or not abortion is right or wrong, people tend to have strong feelings about things that conflict with their set of morals. And it's not just republicans, it's everyone. If a presidential candidate supported slavery, there would be public outrage. Just about everyone in America now thinks slavery is completely evil. It works for everyone. People have a set of morals - the things they think are right- and they tend to stand beyind it. The same is true for the arabs.

America's actions overseas is angering to people in al qaeda for religious reasons. They see us as infidels attacking islam. They see us as a violation of what they believe in. Our women can go around without wearing a veil. Their women can't. And just as most republicans (the republican party platform) don't think a society should have abortions, many arabs don't think women should show their faces. They think it's wrong that we do in fact. They think that having infidels on arab turf is an invasion of western ideas against their set of beliefs.

In many of those countries, freedom of religion is virtually nonexistent. For the most part in their societies they have to be muslim. In America we don't have to be any religion. They don't like that. They don't like American culture because it's an assault on their culture. They don't like America's military actions because it threatens what they think is right.

So they hate us because we are free to chose paths that they wouldn't. We can do things without their religious doctrine. We aren't constrained by religion in America like some people in other countries. We are more free and thus more free do to things they think are wrong. They hate that freedom.

So Bush's statement is something I do agree with. But I still think the statement is misleading. It makes it sound like these people are evil because they "hate freedom." I don't think they hate freedom in general. I think they like freedom as long as it's in compliance with their views. I think this is a case of the word being used in two different ways. They want freedom - they want their countries to be untouched by the United States. They want, as a people, to run their own governments and not have a government installed by infidels. It's threatening to them. On the other hand, we are fighting for freedom of religion, for freedom of their women. We're fighting for freedom from an evil dictator. Somehow we're both fighting for some sort of freedom. It's just that we have different ideas of what freedom is. There's a lot of irony in this war on terror. We're trying to force people to be free. Wow. That's insane.

I also agree with John Kerry's statement that the war on terror isn't a real (hot) war, but a war/clash of idealogies. For my reasons, read above.
                          Very intelligent post. I agree with some of it, and disagree with other parts of it. I sort of got the impression that al qaeda hates America because we "support abortion", and I know thats not what you are getting at. Your point is that what women can do in our country conflicts with their morals. However you are missing the point. If Al Qaeda wanted to attack countries where women showed their faces and went against muslim beliefs, they have 100+ countries they could have attacked. France made it illegal for muslim women to wear head-dresses in school, and they have not expressed a hatred for nor will they attack France. Women in Japan, Brazil, Argentina, Estonia, Greece, and a whole host of countries enjoy freedoms that muslims inthe middle east would consider extreme.

The religious fanatics despise America because it is the main country preventing it from waging a holy war with the ***s. Muslims and ***s in that part of the world HATE each other, and the Muslims who are very religous would destroy Israel in a heartbeat if America wasn't stopping it. Al Qaeda sees America as a roadblock to its ultimate plan, which is a 100% muslim middle east...
                          Last edited by BriMcFly88; 10-31-2004, 07:47 PM.
                          Warpox exposes himself | Editorial 1 4 | 2Pox

Comment

Originally posted by PlasticSturgeon
                            Im sorry the idea of jealousy doesn't make any sense to you.Terrorist have came out and said straight up because we abuse the freedom's we have we are evil and need to die.
                            Jealousy implies they want something that you have. Osama bin Laden doesnt want anything America has. He couldnt care less.

He is a religious fanatic who believes he is doing God's work. Since I'm pretty sure killing people is not God's work, in my mind he is delusional.

People are really over-analyzing his motives....he got pissed off that "infidels" were at the holy sites of Islam in Mecca, despised the totalatarian regimes in Iraq, Iran and Saudi Arabia because they are not fundamentalist Islam, and hates the United States because it embodies non-muslim traits.
                            Originally posted by ethan20
                            There's a correlation between cervixal cancer in women and un-circumsized penises. Not to mention it almost cuts your bacteria count on the penis in half.
                            Originally posted by reservoirGod
                            Ethan sure does know alot about dicks

Comment

Osama has dreams...but Bush claims God speaks to him.

Which is worse? :D

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by tkaxec, 09-24-2020, 11:10 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Smilert
                              by Smilert