Kerry is right...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerry is right...

First of all, I all I have to say is it was a historical election. Both sides set new records, with Bush receiving the most popular votes of any president in history, and Kerry the most of any challenger. Bush received 2% more of the African-American vote then he did in 2000, 3% more of the Hispanic vote then in 2000, and 1-2% more of the Women vote then in 2000. I watched kerry's speech yesterday, and I thought it was really good. No doubt Kerry is a better orator then bush will ever be, kerry might even be better then most of the Senate. As much as I disagreed with most of the issues Kerry stood for this year, I agree with the message he is trying to send. It's time to start putting aside bi-partisan differences. We're all fighting the war on terror and rebuilding the economy together. The only way we can do both of these effectively is to start fostering the right attitudes.

First of all, Patriotism is a great thing and is a value that this country was established on. Ignorance, however, often overtakes patriotism. We should never be over-confident or else our respect in the world will diminish. I do not believe that if KErry was elected, France and Germany would have rushed to help in Iraq. It's just the way most of europe feels about war, having experienced 2 wars that combined decreased almost 1/3 of the population of europe within a span of 40 years. Second, there are also people that literally HATE the president, so much as saying they wish he would be assasinated. Now, I fail to comprehend how this is an intelligent belief. No matter how bad a president is, I would NEVER wish they would be assasinated. Clinton Lied to the country, but I never onced hoped he died. It's time to start working together on common issues. I don't think Kerry will run again in 08', but I feel the democratic party as a whole needs to rebuild and replan a strategy.

Hopefully we can all unite now that this is over. I was hopeing so yesterday,I mean there is one America. Like Kerry said there was no loser in the Election. The real enemy are the terrorists. Hopefully Bush and Kerry could go over to Iraq together or something, that would be cool.

Comment

Hopefully we can all unite now that this is over. I was hopeing so yesterday,I mean there is one America. Like Kerry said there was no loser in the Election. The real enemy are the terrorists. Hopefully Bush and Kerry could go over to Iraq together or something, that would be cool.

Comment

^There won't be one America because Bush will try to push his Conservative agenda even further now that he has "political captial". Bush talked about uniting the country after the first election in 2000, and look what happened...the country is a polarized as its ever been in history, aside from the Civil War. And I think it's sad that people voted for "values" rather than the real issues, like the quagmire in Iraq and the war on terror, as well as domestic issues. Sure, values are important but when it comes down to it both Kerry and Bush have strong values but the important issues were ignored.
        Be Humble or Get Humbled

Comment

Originally posted by Angelus911
          ^There won't be one America because Bush will try to push his Conservative agenda even further now that he has "political captial". Bush talked about uniting the country after the first election in 2000, and look what happened...the country is a polarized as its ever been in history, aside from the Civil War. And I think it's sad that people voted for "values" rather than the real issues, like the quagmire in Iraq and the war on terror, as well as domestic issues. Sure, values are important but when it comes down to it both Kerry and Bush have strong values but the important issues were ignored.
          exactly

Originally posted by stereotype
          Hopefully Bush and Kerry could go over to Iraq together or something, that would be cool.
          now you know good and damn well Bush aint going nowhere near a war being fought. lol.
          This headache is awful, this anesthetics pathetic , so is this diabetic waffle, and my prosthetic arm keeps crushing my hard taco!!!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoType

Bush will unite nothing. He never did, he never will. He isnt interested in it at all.

He addresses those who agree with him, and merely shuts up anyone who disagress or doesnt pay attention to them, he did it time and time again.

There is a reason you have to take LOYALTY OATHS to get into Republican conventions and Bush doesnt answer unscripted questions unless its a debate. He isnt interested in talking 2 people that dont agree with him. Especially now that he doesnt have to worry about an election.
            Originally posted by ethan20
            There's a correlation between cervixal cancer in women and un-circumsized penises. Not to mention it almost cuts your bacteria count on the penis in half.
            Originally posted by reservoirGod
            Ethan sure does know alot about dicks

Comment

/\ yep.
              the last vet.before everyone got vetted
              Originally posted by MarshallArts
              Who's got you quoted in their sigs? Are they as equally worthy as those that have sigged me? I just can't imagine it.

Comment

yeah...the election proved a lot alright...like how easy it is to steal one.

Big Brotherly love is the 21st Century's plague.
                no matter how bloody the glove, QUESTION EVIDENCE displayed.

http://myspace.com/wambachsteel

Comment

^get out of my thread bitch
                  ------------------------------------------
                  Originally posted by kEgBeGgEr
                  I don't have a problem with gays, in fact I wouldn't mind sharing a room with one

Comment

^ This was actually one of your better threads, you sound almost reasonable in your first post.
                    "Nationalism is an infantile sickness. It is the measles of the human race."

-Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by ethan20
                      ^get out of my thread bitch

yeah. good rebuttal....LOL

Comment

That was a good day. Hopefully Nov 4, 2008 will go the same way.

Comment

/\ you wan't another failure of a President and a human being to be elected in 2008?
                          the last vet.before everyone got vetted
                          Originally posted by MarshallArts
                          Who's got you quoted in their sigs? Are they as equally worthy as those that have sigged me? I just can't imagine it.

Comment

^ lol

let's hope '08 is actually legit.

Comment

Clinton lied and nobody died. Bush lies and thousands end up as worm food. Spot the difference.

"If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace."

John Lennon

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by tkaxec, 09-24-2020, 11:10 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Smilert
                              by Smilert