Cousins In Blue State Want To Marry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cousins In Blue State Want To Marry

We're supposed to believe that this sorta thing only happens in our dumb southern (red) states. Guess who's wrong again.

Judge refuses to let cousins marry

Associated Press

HOLLIDAYSBURG, Pa. - A county judge refused to make an exception for two first cousins who want to marry, even though the couple assured the judge they don't want to have children.

Blair County Judge Jolene Kopriva on Thursday denied the marriage license application for first cousins Eleanor Amrhein, 46, and Donald W. Andrews Sr., 39, of Logan Township.

The couple say they have been together for several years, but Kopriva said state law bars first cousins from marrying because of an increased likelihood their children will have birth defects.

The couple petitioned for an exception after a court clerk rejected their license application earlier in the week. The couple told Kopriva their mothers are sisters.

Kopriva told the couple her ruling would not prevent them from being married in another state that permits it.

About half of the states allow first cousins to marry, according to stateline.org, a research site on state laws.
    How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. -Reagan

Why dont we start posting shit everytime someone in a RED state wants to marry THEIR cousin???? Oh sorry, there is'nt enough space on this board for that....
    One convienient location...... somewhere in Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by gdillinjah
      Why dont we start posting shit everytime someone in a RED state wants to marry THEIR cousin???? Oh sorry, there is'nt enough space on this board for that....
      concept:8
      delivery:2
      My other aliases:
      justp1ayin
      West
      Masai
      On The Shelf

Originally posted by Nasen
      i seeth for a minute
      Originally posted by Derty JaSoN
      i have no clue who was de-re whatever

Comment

I would have titled this:

"Judge stops true love in PA. Says cousins must move to different state to enjoy their genetically similar assholes together."

Comment

Originally posted by gdillinjah
          Well, if that's true, I suppose you would have no trouble finding and sharing a few examples, right?
          How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. -Reagan

Comment

^^i heard about a guy from the south that wanted to marry his pig....is that good enough?
            "I'mma dedicate this album to everyone who cried when they killed Optimus Prime" -Murs

Comment

it's actually kinda funny to me... it's not unlikely that these people were bush supporters and were denied because penn is a blue state... i don't think it means much personally

Comment

Originally posted by `Kman
                ^^i heard about a guy from the south that wanted to marry his pig....is that good enough?
                Hearsay doesn't get it. Neither do weak attempts at being funny.
                Surely you guys can just do a google search and find something instead of making it up.

Comment

In Islam it is customary for cousins to marry.

Comment

But see, this is a good point. Liberals say that two adults who love eachother should have the right to marry. So should cousins be aloud to marry? Should brother and sister be aloud to marry? Should Mother and Daughter be aloud to marry? The line needs to be drawn where it is morally acceptable (and a large majority of the country agree's with me) and that marriage be defined as between one man and one women, who are not closly related.

Comment

I actually don't care if cousins get married.. As long as there is no increased chance of a retarded child being born.

Comment

Originally posted by whereismarshall
                        I actually don't care if cousins get married.. As long as there is no increased chance of a retarded child being born.
                        Well, like I said you are in the minority with that view.

Comment

Great? MLK was also in the minority. Stupid ass negro.

Comment

Originally posted by StereoType
                            But see, this is a good point. Liberals say that two adults who love eachother should have the right to marry. So should cousins be aloud to marry? Should brother and sister be aloud to marry? Should Mother and Daughter be aloud to marry? The line needs to be drawn where it is morally acceptable (and a large majority of the country agree's with me) and that marriage be defined as between one man and one women, who are not closly related.
                            It's ok for the Blue States, but not for the Red, as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by whereismarshall
                              ...and first cousins making babies DOES increase the likelihood of retardation
                              Warpox exposes himself | Editorial 1 4 | 2Pox

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Smilert, 01-30-2020, 08:51 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Torry
                              by Torry