HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Death Penalty - A Release of Responsibility?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Death Penalty - A Release of Responsibility?

    In my opinion, I think most people would rather die than work hardcore manual labor for the rest of their life. So, is the Death Penalty really the right way to go? In my opinion, hard labor and lots of prison work gives people a chance to make sense of their mistakes.. And actually repent them. Not just think to themselves "Fuck, I'm gonna die a completely painless death after I appeal my case for 40 years."

    Discuss.

  • #2
    abolish the death penalty imo

    Comment


    • #3
      But why? Because of the above reasons or do you just feel it's immoral?

      Comment


      • #4
        Being a Christian and having many different diverse Christian friends, I've studied the bible and many non-canonical texts and documents exstensively, not to mention I've taken two college level religion classes( a lot considering I'm a pre-med major). I know Jesus wasn't here to ''abolish'' or ''replace'' the old testament laws such as "an eye for an eye", but to "alter". Jesus never intended bloodshed(although he foresaw his own since he is the Son of God) , and thus didn't believe in an eye for an eye. Considering this, and Gandhi, I believe physical force should only be used when necessary. The iraq war was necessary in my opinion. It's a known fact saddam has been defiant the past 10 years in regards to the numerous u.n. resolutions, and to read all the new mass graves being found and reported tortured victims, something needed to be done. I don't think Jesus would have preached "Stand around and let Hitler wipe the jews off the face of the planet". It's the same principle;Saddam used chemical weapons in a genocide fashion and tortured hundreds of thousands.

        Back to the death penalty, I feel life in prison is harsher on the individual then the quick and often limited pain of death. Not only in the rare instances an individual will be guility and sentended to death, but also if the person actually is guilty the crime will haunt them all of their life.
        Last edited by MidwestSwing; 03-19-2005, 12:41 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          i think the death penalty is an easy way out, i do however have a problem with people sitting in jail sucking up tax payer dollars, i feel the death penalty should be done away with and prison needs to be a lot less...how should i put it...comforting. people in prison have good meals, tv, internet all the things that they wouldnt have on the outside, its almost like a luxary pad...i know a lot of people that have been in jail and they have told me that it was a blast....

          do away with the death penalty and at the same time do away with this baby faced prison shit...people who commit crimes and are in jail are there for a reason they need to suffer no live a life of luxary...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CDodge04
            i think the death penalty is an easy way out, i do however have a problem with people sitting in jail sucking up tax payer dollars, i feel the death penalty should be done away with and prison needs to be a lot less...how should i put it...comforting. people in prison have good meals, tv, internet all the things that they wouldnt have on the outside, its almost like a luxary pad...i know a lot of people that have been in jail and they have told me that it was a blast....

            do away with the death penalty and at the same time do away with this baby faced prison shit...people who commit crimes and are in jail are there for a reason they need to suffer no live a life of luxary...
            they need to send those prisoners to prison down here in Tx or Cali and see how much of a "blast" it is, they'd shit their pants first day in the pen.
            -[Do You Need Acapellas and Instrumentals? Click Here for all the Free shit you can handle!]-

            Comment


            • #7
              I like the idea of the death penalty under certain situations.

              #1. DNA, eyewitness, and/or fingerprints make the person guilty for sure
              #2. Affected families wish this to be done
              #3. Multiple murders and very gruesome crimes are committed

              I like the idea of manual labor. Unfortunately, many prisons dont do this. I like when I see prisoners on the side of highways picking up trash and cleaning the earth. I'd like to see them do more work like this. Let's use them to make our lives better, after they surely made our lives worse in the past.
              Warpox exposes himself | Editorial 1 4 | 2Pox

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BriMcFly88
                I like the idea of the death penalty under certain situations.

                #1. DNA, eyewitness, and/or fingerprints make the person guilty for sure
                #2. Affected families wish this to be done
                #3. Multiple murders and very gruesome crimes are committed

                I like the idea of manual labor. Unfortunately, many prisons dont do this. I like when I see prisoners on the side of highways picking up trash and cleaning the earth. I'd like to see them do more work like this. Let's use them to make our lives better, after they surely made our lives worse in the past.
                Yeah, I basically agree with this stance. I am not for abolishing the Death Penalty. I think it is used too much in this country though, and I believe people who get Life in Prison should be forced into Labor.

                Comment


                • #9
                  In states where the death penalty exists, the murder rate is higher then states where the death penalty isn't used. That's because if someone commits a crime he or she will kill more easily because if the victim can identify the criminal, he/she may think that they will get the death penalty. So there like if I kill you now I won't get caught.
                  I hope that makes sense, my English ain't that good...

                  But back to the ponit. I would rather choose for the death penalty then a lifetime sentence. It's an easy way out you know...
                  So I guess you will be more punished for your crime if you went to prison instead of the 'easy' way out. So they should defenatly abolish the death penalty, because the murder rate would drop aswell.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by demon9991
                    they need to send those prisoners to prison down here in Tx or Cali and see how much of a "blast" it is, they'd shit their pants first day in the pen.

                    i have friends and know people that have been in jail in Florida, North Carolina, NYC and here in Maine...granted that a lot of jails are rough places as Texas and Cali might have, a lot of them at the same time are also pretty cushioned. A lot of the people in jail have access to the internet, tv, and all that type of stuff like i said before. My belief is that if someone commited a crime and is in jail then they shouldnt have all the benefits that people on the outside would. people in jail in a lot of cases live a better life then a lot of the poor people out here on the streets and i dont think thats right...

                    Comment

                    Post ad widget 300x250

                    Collapse

                    LATEST POSTS

                    Collapse

                    Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by CrySmile, Today, 12:47 PM
                    2 responses
                    4 views
                    0 likes
                    Last Post CrySmile  
                    Started by Deborahlanker, 10-27-2020, 06:25 AM
                    3 responses
                    11 views
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Torry
                    by Torry
                     
                    Started by hedas22, Today, 07:41 AM
                    1 response
                    5 views
                    0 likes
                    Last Post guver
                    by guver
                     
                    Started by SchreiberBeau, Today, 02:09 AM
                    0 responses
                    3 views
                    0 likes
                    Last Post SchreiberBeau  
                    Started by eliteketopric, Yesterday, 11:31 PM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post eliteketopric  
                    Started by eliteketopric, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                    0 responses
                    2 views
                    0 likes
                    Last Post eliteketopric  
                    Started by mariagarcia, Yesterday, 06:25 AM
                    7 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post mariagarcia  
                    Started by seroibvnyt, Yesterday, 12:47 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post seroibvnyt  
                    Started by Smilert, 12-23-2020, 06:03 AM
                    5 responses
                    25 views
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Nancystarkman  
                    Started by Nancystarkman, 03-01-2021, 12:21 PM
                    0 responses
                    3 views
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Nancystarkman  
                    Working...
                    X