Spring break and the alarming amount of binge drinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring break and the alarming amount of binge drinking

I was just watching NBC News this morning and I saw a section about how Spring Break has some real alarming numbers to go with it. Not only have their been 600,000 alcohol induced assaults but the average binge drinking rate is 10 drinks in an hour for men and 8 for women. Now personally being so close to the issue of alcholism and addiction I would really prefer to just see what everyone here thinks about this issue instead of telling a very one sided opinion of the issue. I only wish I could remember my spring break last year. Everything is really faded from that time. Please try to limit good time stories I would rather like to hear about the opinion of Spring Break as a whole to party locations. How do you feel about the drinking, sex, and disregard for morals?
    Take each day one step at a time.

Originally posted by KINGB19
    I was just watching NBC News this morning and I saw a section about how Spring Break has some real alarming numbers to go with it. Not only have their been 600,000 alcohol induced assaults but the average binge drinking rate is 10 drinks in an hour for men and 8 for women. Now personally being so close to the issue of alcholism and addiction I would really prefer to just see what everyone here thinks about this issue instead of telling a very one sided opinion of the issue. I only wish I could remember my spring break last year. Everything is really faded from that time. Please try to limit good time stories I would rather like to hear about the opinion of Spring Break as a whole to party locations. How do you feel about the drinking, sex, and disregard for morals?
    I don't know about you guys, but when I was in school, I was one of those poor college students living off of Pop-Tarts and Dr. Pepper for breakfast. I couldn't afford to go on a trip for Spring Break and I especially couldn't afford 10 drinks per hour. Nevermind the $30 cover the bars charge during Spring Break.
    Has anybody else noticed all the stories every year about students falling off balconies? Seems there's always one where their goofing off on a balcony and the railing gives way and somebody dies. I think there was a story on that the other day if I remember correctly.
    How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. -Reagan

Comment

yeah the one I saw on NBC this morning was about a kid who fell over the realing that was actually from the hometown of my roomate Findaly, Ohio. They went to high school together and he was really considered to be a religous all around good kid. However it was said that his BA was .08 when they found his body after he fell. His dad even said that he had warned his son about being careful to the temptations of drugs and alcohol. I know a lot of people that get their parents or end up using their friends parents to go away on spring break. I went to Daytona beach my senior year in high school and last year I went to Cancun. I can remember everything from my Daytona Beach trip since i was not using drugs or alcohol and maybe had 1 or 2 beers the whole time I was there. If no one has any thoughts about the spring break thing then what does everyone think about the alarming rate of binge drinkers that are popping up. I go to meetings every Tuesday night and it seems like every week there are more and more students my age who have succumbed to alcoholism just while in college. The part that I find scary is that there are more people out there that don't know they are alcoholics.
      Take each day one step at a time.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Deborahlanker, Yesterday, 02:48 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Nancystarkman  
      Started by Nancystarkman, Today, 03:09 AM