Humans and Monkeys share a Common Ancestory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humans and Monkeys share a Common Ancestory

This is about insertions in chromosomal locations that occur only as a result of retroviruses.
    The insertions are then passed down to descendents.
    If we share the same insertions as chimps, then this shows that we share a common ancestor.

This goes beyond mere DNA similarities to something which only kindred species could share.

Faith precedes understanding. This means that once you accept something based on faith, you must look for evidence to confirm this belief.
    If all the evidence negates the belief, then you must either alter or abandon it in order to retain intellectual honesty.

Claiming that Neandertal morphology is an example of rickets within our own species is intellectually dishonest.
    DNA testing has proven Neandertals to be a separate species. Infant Neandertals shared the same distinct morphology as their parents.

Many of the claims in Creationist books are insulting to anyone who has taken a advanced biology or anthropology class.
    As someone who has taken both, I've become increasingly upset by how Creation Scientists are unable to support their claims with any material evidence. All they can do is quote evolutionists out of context and hope that the reader will not catch it.

For starters, please check out the mother list of rebuttals to Creationist claims:

An Index to Creationist Claims
    edited by Mark Isaak
    Copyright 2005
    http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/index.html

And then, please read this as an introduction for the evidence of macroevolution:

29+ Evidences for Macroevolution
    The Scientific Case for Common Descent
    http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/

I believe that for many theists, a problem that arises from the theory of evolution is the long history that occurred in the universe before the dawn of man. Perhaps they hold to young earth creationism because they are a little "jealous" that God would spend so much time tending to the development of other species before He created us. However, if God is infinite and eternal, and a "thousand years for God is but a day for man and a day for man is but a thousand years for God", then 4.5 billion years, the age of the earth according to modern science, would mean little to him in reference of time.

God created the human species through evolution. And many Christians refuse to believe this.
    Last edited by w.i.m.; 03-21-2005, 06:46 PM.

So, just how many of your relatives are monkeys?
    How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. -Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Master Chief
      Intelligent post. I can see you have all the necessary means to disprove me and modern science.

Comment

Originally posted by whereismarshall
        Intelligent post. I can see you have all the necessary means to disprove me and modern science.
        It's obvious you can't see squat, ass, but just keep believing whatever creams your twinkie.
        How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. -Reagan

Comment

Humans and Monkeys share a common ancestory..........................I wouldn't doubt it.

However, isn't all life driven towards a goal of conscious evolution?

An if so, are we humans completely distinct when compared to the animals....................We ask questions of our own existance.

We ask questions as to the purpose, and meaning of existance.

Intellectual evolution is not steady. Most likely an individual 2000-4000 years ago was the most enlightened individual on the planet. Many people model themselves after these people. If you get my drift.

Comment

It's obvious you can't see squat, ass, but just keep believing whatever creams your twinkie.
            If I'm so wrong, you'd think it would be simple to refute my position.. But I guess I'm wrong in thinking that too.

Comment

If I'm so wrong, you'd think it would be simple to refute my position.. But I guess I'm wrong in thinking that too.
              No, no. You're blissfully ignorant in your beliefs and I wouldn't want to piss in your Cheerios. You're ego won't allow for anything other than what you believe anyway so it's pointless.

Comment

Fact: Planet of the Apes = Earth

Comment

another lame post :/
                  "I'mma dedicate this album to everyone who cried when they killed Optimus Prime" -Murs

Comment

I don't believe none of this

Comment

This is about insertions in chromosomal locations that occur only as a result of retroviruses.
                      The insertions are then passed down to descendents.
                      If we share the same insertions as chimps, then this shows that we share a common ancestor.

This goes beyond mere DNA similarities to something which only kindred species could share.

Faith precedes understanding. This means that once you accept something based on faith, you must look for evidence to confirm this belief.
                      If all the evidence negates the belief, then you must either alter or abandon it in order to retain intellectual honesty.

Claiming that Neandertal morphology is an example of rickets within our own species is intellectually dishonest.
                      DNA testing has proven Neandertals to be a separate species. Infant Neandertals shared the same distinct morphology as their parents.

Many of the claims in Creationist books are insulting to anyone who has taken a advanced biology or anthropology class.
                      As someone who has taken both, I've become increasingly upset by how Creation Scientists are unable to support their claims with any material evidence. All they can do is quote evolutionists out of context and hope that the reader will not catch it.

For starters, please check out the mother list of rebuttals to Creationist claims:

An Index to Creationist Claims
                      edited by Mark Isaak
                      Copyright 2005
                      http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/index.html

And then, please read this as an introduction for the evidence of macroevolution:

29+ Evidences for Macroevolution
                      The Scientific Case for Common Descent
                      http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/

I believe that for many theists, a problem that arises from the theory of evolution is the long history that occurred in the universe before the dawn of man. Perhaps they hold to young earth creationism because they are a little "jealous" that God would spend so much time tending to the development of other species before He created us. However, if God is infinite and eternal, and a "thousand years for God is but a day for man and a day for man is but a thousand years for God", then 4.5 billion years, the age of the earth according to modern science, would mean little to him in reference of time.

God created the human species through evolution. And many Christians refuse to believe this.
                      Namaste, it may seem like science has all the answers, but it doesn't. Some day you'll come to the startling realization that science doesn't know shit about why we're here or how we got here. You see evolution is indeed an interesting theory, but it is just that, a theory. The more I see, atheists explain things with big words as to make you think that winning a debate with them is impossible. All it illustrates to me is a cowardly little cocksucker hiding behind useless words and theories, because of his own insecurities.

Perhaps it's best that everyone realizes soon that they dont control shit, nothing, everyone of us could get murdered tommorow, and science cant stop that shit. So it stands to prove that if you are not entirly independent, then you will inevitably end up in a hole in the ground... Whether you choose to stay there or not is entirely up to you...

Elevate spiritually, quit trying so hard to explain shit, it aint gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickz2004
                        Fact: Planet of the Apes = Earth

The movie in your avi explains evolution far better than science can.

Comment

Originally posted by role model
                          The movie in your avi explains evolution far better than science can.
                          can't recall what it says about evolution, can you tel me

Comment

Originally posted by mgenev
                            can't recall what it says about evolution, can you tel me

Oh it was hilarious in that it explained how modern society teaches us to supress our anger and depression. That way we can't even be angry that we failed at life in America, so Tyler starts the process of evolution again by making Fight Club.

Comment

I cant see how you can disprove evolution. there is too much evidence. theres a reason why most Asians are small and blacks are black...etc
                              Thats why I think Deism is the best way to go....God as the watchmaker.
                              although I am agnostic.

My 2 cents

The sky darkens, my life flashes
                              The plane I was supposed to be on crashes
                              and falls to ashes

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Nancystarkman, Today, 03:09 AM