Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anne Coulter Makes Racist Comments

By Adam Wild Aba, IOL Correspondent
    WASHINGTON, March 4, 2005 (IslamOnline.net)

Arab Americans have taken a swipe at "racist" and "outrageous" remarks against
    Helen Thomas, one of the first female journalists and the dean of the White
    House Press Corps, because of her Arab descent.

"Ann Coulter uses this context as an opportunity for Arab bashing and
    perpetuating Arab phobia," Arab-American Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC)
    (ADC) said in a statement, a copy of which was obtained by IslamOnline.net, on
    Thursday, March 3.

In an article published on February 23, Coulter, a syndicated writer and
    journalist, said that "press passes can't be hard to come by if the White House
    allows that old Arab Helen Thomas to sit within yards of the president."

Her article was intending to refute claims that the White House denies press
    passes due to political motivations.

"The implicit characterization of Helen Thomas as a threat to the president due
    to her Arab-American background is outrageous," the ADC said.

Coulter has a long history of insensitive and outright racist remarks and
    attitudes toward people of Arab descent and Muslims, the remarks that drew
    concern of several other civil rights groups in the country.

Among her controversial comments, Coulter said that "we should invade Arab
    countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity."

Leading Reporter

The Arab-American group called Thomas, of Lebanese origin, one of the first
    female journalists and dean of the White House press corps.

She has struggled with the White House to guarantee women reporters would have
    the same access and privileges as their male counterparts.

As a result, she has interviewed or questioned every elected American President
    since John. F. Kennedy. Thomas is known to have had personal relations with
    American presidents.

The ADC said it was deeply distraught over Coulters' repeatedly outrageous
    claims and attitudes towards Arab-Americans, Arabs and Muslims.

"Her articles often compound paranoia, and outright racism in order to make
    otherwise unsubstantiated points," the statement said.

"Her attack on Helen Thomas is especially offensive considering Thomas's stature
    as a pioneer for female journalists, who paved the way for equal access to the
    White House," it added.

In an earlier comment, the right-wing writer said that "ethnic profiling is the
    only reasonable security measure that has been thwarted in the war on
    terrorism."

Coulter is one of the most famous right-wing writers, whose books make best
    sellers in the United States, according to IOL Correspondent.

She is also a repeated guest in the famous TV shows such as ABC's Good Morning
    America and Fox News' O'Reilly Factor.

ADC called on those concerned over Courtier’s article to call her or write a
    letter to Universal Press syndicate to express worry at the remarks.

A recent nation-wide poll, conducted by the Cornell University, showed that at
    least 44 percent of the Americans backs curbing Muslims’ civil rights and
    monitoring their places of worship.

A May 2004 report released by the US Senate Office Of Research concluded that
    Arab Americans and the Muslim community in the US have taken the brunt of the
    Patriot Act and other federal powers applied in the aftermath of the 9/11
    attacks.

This may be a bit biased, but the facts are in place. I did a check on some of the quotes, and it says them on her website.

Ann Coulter is a downright idiot. She's honestly one of the stupidest people in the media, Liberal or Conservative. If anyone considers her intelligent, I suggest you commit suicide tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by whereismarshall
      Ann Coulter is a downright idiot. She's honestly one of the stupidest people in the media, Liberal or Conservative. If anyone considers her intelligent, I suggest you commit suicide tonight.
      i really hope you don't wake up tomorrow with the police banging at your door after 5 d12world members killed themselves last night... but most likely you're fine

Comment

That stuff has happened before. People have planned mass suicides in chatrooms on Valentine's Day Eve, pretty sad.. but pathetic at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by whereismarshall
          That stuff has happened before. People have planned mass suicides in chatrooms on Valentine's Day Eve, pretty sad.. but pathetic at the same time.
          yeah, to think that some guy sitting in a room hitting his keyboard in the right way could lead to a bunch of random people being dead...

Comment

A friend of O'Reilly, surely she can't be making idiotic racist comments? That would reflect badly on Bill and we all know he's fair and balanced. This can't be true.
            But if you listen then you know that shit's out of tune
            Cuz the function of our life is just to work and consume

Comment

coulter and o'reilly are both quite entertaining to watch. Both sides have their extremes, but it's about time the right finally has two figureheads to balance the bullshit from the left.

Comment

The bullshit from the left? There is no left in mainstream America. Corporate press give the news, Kerry is right, Bush is ultra right.

The only thing that comes to mind as a leftist bias is the Dan Rather incident, he was caught out on a technicality, I'm sure we all know what he was saying was true though.

If there is a left bias in the media why do we never hear anti war messages only ever the news on our courageous soldiers. Why does nobody expose the bogus war on terrorism? Why did the possible voting irregularities get no mention in the mainstream media? I'm not saying that I think there was anything wrong but there was certainly enough evidence to at least have a debate on it. If the media was even central these issues would all have recieved some attention. I assume you were talking about the mainstream press here weren't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Narcicus
                  The bullshit from the left? There is no left in mainstream America. Corporate press give the news, Kerry is right, Bush is ultra right.

The only thing that comes to mind as a leftist bias is the Dan Rather incident, he was caught out on a technicality, I'm sure we all know what he was saying was true though.

If there is a left bias in the media why do we never hear anti war messages only ever the news on our courageous soldiers. Why does nobody expose the bogus war on terrorism? Why did the possible voting irregularities get no mention in the mainstream media? I'm not saying that I think there was anything wrong but there was certainly enough evidence to at least have a debate on it. If the media was even central these issues would all have recieved some attention. I assume you were talking about the mainstream press here weren't you?
                  So I guess you consider Michael Moore part of the "right" that kerry is in, right?

http://www.d12world.com/board/showthread.php?t=187912 - proves the media is biased against bush and conservatives in general

"bogus war on terrorism" ? Dude, I got the most laughs out of this that I've gotten in a while. Ask France if it's bogus. Ask Spain if it's bogus. Ask Israel if it's bogus. And even ask Iraq if it's bogus.

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/arti...24122109990012

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/business/...22130009990002

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/business/...26175809990002

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/arti...23035509990006

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/arti...20173309990016

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/arti...15155209990021

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/arti...16075009990004

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/arti...15085009990012

This is just from the past month, I could sit here for hours posting links. Point is kids like you need to wake up and realize that terrorism is the biggest threat the world faces today, and it's not to be taken lightly. There is no such thing as "over-exaggerating" whenever there is a terrorist suspect or early warning signs.

Comment

I'm not going to read all that because I can guess what it will say.

You claimed the media was left leaning not anti Bush, there is a difference. Anyway if the media was anti bush there would be calls for impeachment now given that we were lied to in the build up to going to war, that a country which had never posed a threat had been attacked at a great cost to civilians, the very very dubious business connections of the current administration, the project for a new american century. I could go on.

OK then the threat of terrrorism. You think that it deserves the amount of coverage it recieves? People are scared that there is going to be a terrorist attack in America and it's hyped up by the government and their media. The Coloured warning system and all that. The War on Terrorism is a convinent phrase just like the cold war. There always has to be a war so people stay scared otherwise they might start demanding crazy things like a decent minimum wage and that would never do. There is a war on though so thats where the attention has to be focused. Fly that flag baby.

Michael Moore is mainstream media is he? OK. Do you see his work quoted in any newspaper or tv program in a non derogatory manner? Farenheit 9/11 was dropped by Disney as they knew Jeb Bush would fuck them over. He's mainstream independantly. Stupid White Men only got released as there was a mass petition for it, harper collins, owned by Murdoch (Fox) refused to publish it and its only after there was a massive uproar it got released. The irony is this repression has actually given him much more cred and publicity than he would otherwise have recieved.

Comment

coulters a piece of shit thats an exception to the rule that you dont need college level common sense to be a representative on a news cast/talk show.

fox news is a joke anyway
                      This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
                      Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
                      Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
                      And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!
                      - Fort Minor

Comment

She truely is an idiot, but has some good points some times. I'm sure worse things have been said about better people though.
                        http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

“if somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him” (Bukhari, vol. 4, bk. 52, no. 260).

Comment

^^ WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?????? Anyways, Ann Coulter is the most ignorant open mouthed, empty headed bitch in the world. I have never seen a dumber person with less world knowledge on television before watching the news as presented by conservative America. I certainly hope FOX and CNN lean that having this broad on their debates and news forums only hurts their reputation instead of giving a sensible conservative view. I would be ashamed if this chick was a well known columnist in my country...
                          One convienient location...... somewhere in Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by Narcicus
                            You claimed the media was left leaning not anti Bush, there is a difference.
                            Narcicus, the media is anything but right or conservative... The thread in my signature explains why. Also, you can see that the United States is kinda far to the right if you live in Canada. Canada's media is extremely left, so I can see why you would describe America that way. Otherwise, you gotta be kidding me, the American media was biased against Bush during the 2004 election by more than FOUR TIMES.

The J.ewish Talmud is a very nice book. I don't support it anyways but I'm not going to censoring someone's religion. Here's an excerpt from the Talmud:

"Je.ws may use lies to circumvent the Gentiles." [Baba Kamma 113a]
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            I love Ann Coulter and Bill O 'Reilly. I actually have Ann's new book, Treason. I bought it last year. I think she's kinda hot for her age too. I would hit it. At least the Ann Coulter picture on her book "Treason."

Bill O' Reilly is OKAY, but I think he gives a bad name for conservatives. At least he gives a different perspective on some of the issues. He actually said that there should be controls on the Internet. He's against freedom of speech because he said that in the past. I don't like him because of that. The Internet is the only media right now that is not controlled by a small group of individuals.

Don't get me wrong, but they are both pawns of the J.ewish-controlled media. Two of my old high school J.ewish friends even admitted it in the past. I don't talk to anyone from high school anymore though.
                            Last edited by D12ForLife; 03-29-2005, 12:59 PM.

Comment

^gotta love anti-semitism

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 01:10 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Louiscuming