X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quotes from Republicans during Clinton Bosnian Experience

"You can support the troops but not the president."
    --Rep Tom Delay (R-TX)

"Well, I just think it's a bad idea. What's going to happen is they're going to be over there for 10, 15, maybe 20 years."
    --Joe Scarborough (R-FL)

"Explain to the mothers and fathers of American servicemen that may come home in body bags why their son or daughter have to give up their life?"
    --Sean Hannity, Fox News, 4/6/99

"[The] President . . . is once again releasing American military might on a foreign country with an ill-defined objective and no exit strategy. He has yet to tell the Congress how much this operation will cost. And he has not informed our nation's armed forces about how long they will be away from home. These strikes do not make for a sound foreign policy."
    --Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA)

"American foreign policy is now one huge big mystery. Simply put, the administration is trying to lead the world with a feel-good foreign policy."
    --Rep Tom Delay (R-TX)

"If we are going to commit American troops, we must be certain they have a clear mission, an achievable goal and an exit strategy."
    --Karen Hughes, speaking on behalf of George W Bush

"I had doubts about the bombing campaign from the beginning . . I didn't think we had done enough in the diplomatic area."
    --Senator Trent Lott (R-MS)

"I cannot support a failed foreign policy. History teaches us that it is often easier to make war than peace. This administration is just learning that lesson right now. The President began this mission with very vague objectives and lots of unanswered questions. A month later, these questions are still unanswered. There are no clarified rules of engagement. There is no timetable. There is no legitimate definition of victory. There is no contingency plan for mission creep. There is no clear funding program. There is no agenda to bolster our over-extended military. There is no explanation defining what vital national interests are at stake. There was no strategic plan for war when the President started this thing, and there still is no plan today"
    --Rep Tom Delay (R-TX)

"Victory means exit strategy, and it's important for the President to explain to us what the exit strategy is."
    --Governor George W. Bush (R-TX)
    stoled this from another board.
    the last vet.before everyone got vetted
    Originally posted by MarshallArts
    Who's got you quoted in their sigs? Are they as equally worthy as those that have sigged me? I just can't imagine it.

I made a thread about this topic a long time ago. No knock on you, I was just saying how partisan the support for the war is. Let me find it real quick.

Edit - Here: http://www.d12world.com/board/showthread.php?t=131609
    Oh its true, its true

Comment

more:
      “I think it’s also important for the president to lay out a timetable as to how long they will be involved and when they will be withdrawn.” George W. Bush, 6/5/99

“It doesn’t make any sense to have a timetable. You know, if you give a timetable, you’re — you’re conceding too much to the enemy.”George W. Bush, 6/24/05:

/\ flip flop?

Bombing a sovereign nation for ill-defined reasons with vague objectives undermines the American stature in the world. The international respect and trust for America has diminished every time we casually let the bombs fly."
      -Representative Tom Delay (R-TX)

"It is a remarkable spectacle to see the Clinton Administration and NATO taking over from the Soviet Union the role of sponsoring "wars of national liberation."
      -Representative Helen Chenoweth (R-ID)

"This is President Clinton's war, and when he falls flat on his face, that's his problem."
      -Senator Richard Lugar (R-IN)

"You think Vietnam was bad? Vietnam is nothing next to Kosovo."
      -Tony Snow, Fox News 3/24/99
      Who's got you quoted in their sigs? Are they as equally worthy as those that have sigged me? I just can't imagine it.

Comment

Kosovo war was needed. GOP was mad that Clinton was not impeached so they took it out on his foreign policy. Same way how Kerry, Clinton, Kennedy, ect voted for Iraq War, Patriot Act, No Child Left Behind, and other measures and now they are totally against them when it starts looking bad. Politics is Politics.

Comment

the irony.
          "Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile."
          - Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Originally posted by StereoType
            Kosovo war was needed. GOP was mad that Clinton was not impeached so they took it out on his foreign policy. Same way how Kerry, Clinton, Kennedy, ect voted for Iraq War, Patriot Act, No Child Left Behind, and other measures and now they are totally against them when it starts looking bad. Politics is Politics.
            This shit is right on. This is my problem with politics. Im very uncompromising, if you fuck up or prove yourself to be a liar without a backbone, I cant give you any respect or respect anything you say, and thats why I cant ever support any of these fucks. We need uncompromising people who'll stand up for whats right regardless of their political affiliations, and wont go back on their word or contradict themselves for reasons other than maybe if they legitimately change their mind for a real reason.

Comment

Originally posted by S-DOT
              This shit is right on. This is my problem with politics. Im very uncompromising, if you fuck up or prove yourself to be a liar without a backbone, I cant give you any respect or respect anything you say, and thats why I cant ever support any of these fucks. We need uncompromising people who'll stand up for whats right regardless of their political affiliations, and wont go back on their word or contradict themselves for reasons other than maybe if they legitimately change their mind for a real reason.
              Those people do exist in Congress or the White House. Look at McCain for example, he parts-ways with the GOP all the time when he feels its right.

Comment

they don't exist in the white house.

Comment

This is why I hate political "pundits" they are fucking ass munchers with nothing useful to say or contribute, and since Fox "news" is NOTHING but political pundits, the shit-bag station should be shut down. Abosolute idiots they are, Sean Hannity cannot function beyond Republican and Democrat. I bet you he uses it in every day life, whether it be what breakfast to eat or what suit to wear.
                  Originally posted by ethan20
                  There's a correlation between cervixal cancer in women and un-circumsized penises. Not to mention it almost cuts your bacteria count on the penis in half.
                  Originally posted by reservoirGod
                  Ethan sure does know alot about dicks

Comment

Originally posted by Dublo7
                    the irony.
                    ha

Proof that no matter if you're republican or democrat, you're still a dumbass.

Sheep.

Comment

The fact is politicians on both sides will say anything to tear down the president. Dirty politics makes me mad. These opinions do not represent a majority of the opinions of republicans since we voted to go to war and congress had a republican majority.

Extremists on both sides do not represent the party.

Bush doesnt represent the average republican like clinton didnt represent the average democrat.

Some of the quotes sound familiar to today's world.

In the end, what is said... is what will get someone re-elected. Not what is best for our country, our security, or the world.
                      Warpox exposes himself | Editorial 1 4 | 2Pox

Comment

Originally posted by TheWalrus

In the end, what is said... is what will get someone re-elected. Not what is best for our country, our security, or the world.
                        Yep.
                        ------------------------------------------
                        Originally posted by kEgBeGgEr
                        I don't have a problem with gays, in fact I wouldn't mind sharing a room with one

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by FrankCobalt, 10-25-2020, 10:07 AM
                        3 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post jufurib
                        by jufurib

Started by mkhuopgqwdmh, Today, 01:37 AM