Is Alex Jones a lunatic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Alex Jones a lunatic

I have just spent the last 2 hours and 22 minutes watching Alex Jones's "9/11 The Road to Tyranny" and have to conclude that the either I didn't understand what he was trying to get across or he is bordering on the lunatic fringe.

I read frequently on this board how he backs up his theories with facts and yet very little in this tirade can be reconcilied with anything in reality. There are clearly changes that have been made since 9/11 that are questionable such as some parts of the notorius Patriot Act, the introduction of a new bureacracy and so on. However the contention that the US has become a police state is somwhat out there. Anyone who has done any travelling will tell you that many of the proposed measures that have created this paranoia are simply norms in other societies that we consider free. Much of Western Europe carry identity cards, London has more CCTV camera's then almost anywhere else except maybe Singapore, biometric identificatin teqhniques while sounding omninous are no more than the next step in technology, wouldn't it simply be more efficient to be able to access your money with your thumbprint rather than memorising a PIN number.

He does make some interesting points which he backs up with fact but even here his interpretretation borders on hysteria. According to him identity cards are large plot by the illuminati to turn 20% of the global population into slaves to do their bidding, 80% are exempt because alledgedly they will be culled. Those lucky enough to avoid being culled are going to be herded into concerntration camps and "compact cities" and turned into drones by the Illuminati - I have yet to discover what these slaves will be forced to do in the compact cities but clearly it is something deep and dark and secret.

Leading this plot to indenture 20% of the planet and murder the remaining 80% are The United Nations, all past and present US presidents except for Kennedy, the British royal family and the bankers. The plan, which btw is already well and truly underway, is for the UN to take control of most of the world (the US included) by protecting natural reserves and keeping them in pristine condition (scary stuff that), and according to Mr. Jones this has in fact occured already - the UN apparently owns large tracks of US land. All nature reserves are apparently owned and controlled by the United Nations who are, as we speak panning to send UN troops into US cities.

Greenpeace and every other environmental agency is also part of this dark and secret plot to take over the world. According to Mr. Jones, there is no such thing as global warming, ozone depletion etc and attempts to introduce policies to cutback on hazardous emissions is nothing more than the Illuminati trying to control global resources, in fact environmental issues according to Mr. Jones do not exist, the planet is just fine and all this talk of conservation and saving the planet is simply a duplicitous plot to allow the United Nations to take over the world.

To further implement the plan for global domination, various groups will be labelled terrorists and in fact have already been, according to this "documentary". Christians and patriots are amongst these groups. The ICC has been set-up to ensure that the illuminati controls global law and that everyone is accountable to it. Oh,and let me not forget the cashless society, clearly an indication that evil is taking over as obviously paper money is so much more wholesome.

Either I am missing something significant here or the man is a lunatic. Pres. Bush has done everything within his power to discredit and block the UN at every turn, both this President and the last were and are violently opposed to the ICC. Bush has hardly proven himself to be a supporter of environmental issues and like Alex Jones doesn't believe global warming exists, he nauseatingly reminds us of his deep faith at every opportunity. IMO, these two men agree on far more than they disagree. So if Alex Jones is right, then Bush clearly has lost the plot and screwed up many years of Illuminati planning, alternatively Alex Jones is bordering on the lunatic fringe and has taken some facts and built them up into an evil plan by a tiny group of people to enslave and murder humanity for a purpose yet to be revealed. Of course there is a chance that I missed something fundamentally important in this film that would have made the whole thing suddenly appear as large as houses and cause everything to fall into place. Or maybe, as I sure someone will point out, I have simply been conditioned by the mainstream media to accept these untruthes.

But after watching this, I have to agree with Res that Alex Jones clearly does a disservice to those on the left with legitimate questions and to be clear, his belief code (or what I understood of it) fits far better into the conservative agenda i.e. the traditional GOP than it does into those groups who are left of center. And unfortunately, the few valid and important questions he does raise get lost in amongst his tele-evangelical style rantings.
    "Nationalism is an infantile sickness. It is the measles of the human race."

-Albert Einstein

If what Alex Jones is saying was true, he would of been killed by now.

Comment

He might come out like a lunatic towards the end... where he rambles about cashless society, people crammed into compact cities, etc... but he's only following information. A lot if it IS documented which you can go research for yourself but yeah, he has slip ups and and he might exaggerate and appear like some fear mongerer at times. You seem to mostly have focused on the last 20 minutes... you have to give him credit for at least first half of the movie where the main discussion is problem-reaction-solution, Operation Northwoods, Oklohoma City bombing, 1993 WTC bombing, the interview with David Schippers, militarization of police, etc

Comment

Yes, Alex Jones is a lunatic.

(arguingsm

I believe members of the US government were complicit in the attacks of September 11th, but I do not follow Alex Jones or visit his website and I recommend others don't either. There are plenty of real journalists and investigators out there.
        "When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny."
        --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

^That's what I thought. Thanks

-Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by PassItOn
            Yes, Alex Jones is a lunatic.

(arguingsm

I believe members of the US government were complicit in the attacks of September 11th, but I do not follow Alex Jones or visit his website and I recommend others don't either. There are plenty of real journalists and investigators out there.
            Yes he is a crazy ass motherfucker but his videos, especially his recent one Martial Law 911, are waking a lot of people up...
            Last edited by Cryptic; 08-18-2005, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Martial Law had some great points, but it also had a bunch of bullshit too. I consider myself extremely liberal and believe alot of these so called "conspiracy theory", but Alex Jones is fucking insane.

Comment

^ Well I have downloaded the Martial Law thing so I will watch it and then make up my mind - but from what I've seen so far he doesn't come across as credible (or sane for that matter).

-Albert Einstein

Comment

Ya alex jones is a joke. At first, I gave him an opportunity the same way Id give anyone an opportunity, but while he occasionally provides evidence to back up his theories, he rarely provides indisputable evidence. Its always shit he puts a spin on and then none of the things he says are going to happen do. A lot of times the crazy shit he talks about is pretty interesting, as unrealistic as it is.

Comment

Alex Jones is fucking conservative too.

Comment

I honestly don't understand how anybody can not understand Alex Jones or think he's a lunatic.

I'd talk to you about it on some type of messenger to explain to you anything you'd want to ask but I don't have a computer at home currently...

Comment

I dont think Road to Tyranny is that good.
                        Watch Martial Law 9/11. I think it will change your mind.
                        "Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile."
                        - Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Originally posted by StereoType
                          If what Alex Jones is saying was true, he would of been killed by now.
                          Even though I don't believe him, if they killed him off for it, everyone would think he was right. So from your perspektiv, why do you think he would have been killed off?

Comment

The conspiracys didn't start untill after 9-11. They conspired to misplace what would have been resonable anger towards Saudi Arabia, to a hatred for Afganistan... now a distrust for the whole Muslim community of the mideast... they conspired after 9-11, to have a "war on terrorism" that doesn't include capturing Bin Laden... just some sorry atttempts to buld nations.

If the adminatration was behind 9-11, none of the hijackers would have been Saudi, there would have been a clear connection to Saddam and Bin Laden would not have been as big of a name as he was in the fall of 2001.

The post 9-11 conspiracy has been so effective... they never would have ever needed a pre 9-11 conspiracy.
                            the last vet.before everyone got vetted
                            Originally posted by MarshallArts
                            Who's got you quoted in their sigs? Are they as equally worthy as those that have sigged me? I just can't imagine it.

Comment

Originally posted by reservoirGod
                              The conspiracys didn't start untill after 9-11.

The post 9-11 conspiracy has been so effective... they never would have ever needed a pre 9-11 conspiracy.
                              if you talking about alex jones... he's been on this since 96 or so... and he actually predicted 9/11 two months before it happened... watch "matrix of evil"

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by vibration, Today, 12:21 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post vibration  
                              Started by vibration, Today, 12:19 AM