I Have Just Watched Bowling For Columbine Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have Just Watched Bowling For Columbine Again

i downloaded it a long time ago and i just wanted to watch it again,neways,i've got two questions for ya'll

1. Have they really stopped selling bullets at k mart?

2. What are your thougts as to why americans are so violent?
    if you give me a rep PLZ LEAVE YOUR NAME so i can know who you are,especially if you leave me a bad one,have the damn guts to leave ur damn name!

1. I believe they have, but they are still sold at Wal-mart so whats the difference?

2. Well fear breeds ignorance, and Americans fear a lot of shit. They are so worried about an invasion that its okay to own a high power assult rifle in any home. And concealed hand guns in some states are perfectly legal because you never know when someone is gonna challenge you to a dual at your local Wal-Mart over the last pack of bullets. America was built on violence and still to this day seeks violence as a way to settle disagreements in lieu of logical debate. But if the Vietnam war did'nt learn them then the Iraq war wont either. There are still many right-wingers that believe the Iraq war is both justified and a needed American sacrifice, perhaps after the nxt 2000 troops are gone they will start a less violent approach to the situation. But violence breeds violence is my opinion on the subject.
    One convienient location...... somewhere in Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by gdillinjah
      1. I believe they have, but they are still sold at Wal-mart so whats the difference?

2. Well fear breeds ignorance, and Americans fear a lot of shit. They are so worried about an invasion that its okay to own a high power assult rifle in any home. And concealed hand guns in some states are perfectly legal because you never know when someone is gonna challenge you to a dual at your local Wal-Mart over the last pack of bullets. America was built on violence and still to this day seeks violence as a way to settle disagreements in lieu of logical debate. But if the Vietnam war did'nt learn them then the Iraq war wont either. There are still many right-wingers that believe the Iraq war is both justified and a needed American sacrifice, perhaps after the nxt 2000 troops are gone they will start a less violent approach to the situation. But violence breeds violence is my opinion on the subject.

yeah,in the documentary they asked ppl's opinion about why there are so many ppl dead cuz of gunshots and most ppl went like,'cuz of our violent past', 'cuz of our culture' when none of that is a valid answer,cuz when you look at germany,they have a violent past too,(nazis) but yet they have less ppl that die cuz of guns. Alot of canadian ppl own a gun and yet there are only a few ppl that die cuz of guns,so why is it that americans like to shoot other ppl? and fear is the only answer i think. Oh and also,i'd like to say that the first time i saw bowling for columbine i was shocked to hear that bullets are for sale in supermarkets,it's just amazing. I live in Belgium and i wouldn't even know where to buy a gun in the first place.
      if you give me a rep PLZ LEAVE YOUR NAME so i can know who you are,especially if you leave me a bad one,have the damn guts to leave ur damn name!

Comment

That movie, along with Farenhiet 9/11, are total bullshit and have been proven so many times.

1. K Mart does not sell hand gun ammo anymore. I still believe Wal-Mart does. I still think their should be a special law saying you can only buy hand-gun ammo at special Guns and Ammo stores (similar to how you can only buy hard-A at Liquor Stores). Banning all lawful citizens from owning guns is un-Constitutional.

2. Also, to say America has a more "War-friendly" environment is the cause for our gun violence is dumb. This is something Moore's movie even pointed out. Germany has a violent history, and they don't have a bad gun violence law. I believe Canada's gun laws are similar to ours (except for that stupid nation-wide registration). I don't know why we are more violent. Probably because he have diverse cultures and minorities, that would be my guess.

Comment

"This country named America is built on graves..."

Comment

Originally posted by whereismarshall
            "This country named America is built on graves..."
            The hell is that supposed to mean?

Comment

Originally posted by StereoType
              The hell is that supposed to mean?
              It means this country is built on graves of the natives who lived here before the genocide took place.

Comment

Originally posted by whereismarshall
                It means this country is built on graves of the natives who lived here before the genocide took place.
                We didnt go through and slaughter Indians like your country slaughterd Jews. We can dig deep and find flaws in every country except your Communist Utopia you dream of living in.

Comment

We didnt go through and slaughter Indians like your country slaughterd Jews. We can dig deep and find flaws in every country except your Communist Utopia you dream of living in.
                  The genocide of the natives was alot like the holocaust. Yes, it was on a much smaller scale, but it was a controlled genocide, and an effective genocide for it's time.

My country? Shut the fuck up dude. You act like Hitler was some German and that Germany even supported Hitler. My family fucking lived in poverty under Hitler, and we weren't Jews or homos. You have no knowledge of any history so you throw out this same ol' american brainwashed bullshit.

Comment

Germany did support Hitler. They elected him. The point is, saying the US ran a genocide on the Natives is not true.

My family did not immagrate over here until the 1900's, after Slavery and the Revolutionary War.

Comment

Germany did support Hitler. They elected him. The point is, saying the US ran a genocide on the Natives is not true.

My family did not immagrate over here until the 1900's, after Slavery and the Revolutionary War.

Actually Hitler only gained 37 percent of the popular vote in the elections prior to him being placed as chancellor. He was never voted into his position, he was given his position through dirty political deals that are inevitable in parliamentary democracy. Also the Nazi Party never was in the majority of the parliament - even when they went into coalition with the Nationalist Party. Hitler took power by the control of the Army, Secret Police, and Emergency Decree's which quashed Communist and Social Democrats political influence (I'd also like to point out that the German Communist Party(Bolshevik) were rapidly growing in strength compared to Fascist and other right-wing parties).

Also how can you deny the United States did not commit a genocide against the Red Indians? That is total ignorance. Who cares if your family emigrated in 1900's - what about the Americans previously in the 17th and 18th centuries? They commited genocide and that is inexcusable. I believe the numbers of Natives that died under the genocide was double-figure millions; a similar number to Hitler's WW2 genocide, and, in contrast with Stalin's Purges, at least 10x more (Stalin's purges are calculated to be between 600,000-800,000 people).

Comment

Originally posted by | K Y L E |
                        Actually Hitler only gained 37 percent of the popular vote in the elections prior to him being placed as chancellor. He was never voted into his position, he was given his position through dirty political deals that are inevitable in parliamentary democracy. Also the Nazi Party never was in the majority of the parliament - even when they went into coalition with the Nationalist Party. Hitler took power by the control of the Army, Secret Police, and Emergency Decree's which quashed Communist and Social Democrats political influence (I'd also like to point out that the German Communist Party(Bolshevik) were rapidly growing in strength compared to Fascist and other right-wing parties).

).
                        The average German still supported Hitler, well at least before the war broke out and maybe the first year or two in the war.
                        ------------------------------------------
                        Originally posted by kEgBeGgEr
                        I don't have a problem with gays, in fact I wouldn't mind sharing a room with one

Comment

^^ The average German had no choice to support Hitler. After he gained power and well before he went to war (1934-1939), he pretty much made it so that almost every job weeded out anyone who was not a Nazi supporter. If you wanted a job in the Reich (and wanted to actually keep your life) you had to be a supporter of the Nazi movement or at least be damn good at faking it. It wasnt an option to support him or not. Every citizen had to take a personal oath of allegiance to Hitler.

Hitler was elected to power through a minority government. It was the scheming Generals at the top (Kurt Von Schleicher and Von Papen) that were trying to secure the Chancellorship for themselves that allowed Hitler to take power. They both made concessions to him in order for the support of the Nazi party, after which he just disposed of them after he got the Army on his side. The German people were definately easily duped, but the blame must be put on the military for supporting him. He couldnt have done anything without that.

Also, to say America has a more "War-friendly" environment is the cause for our gun violence is dumb. This is something Moore's movie even pointed out. Germany has a violent history, and they don't have a bad gun violence law. I believe Canada's gun laws are similar to ours (except for that stupid nation-wide registration). I don't know why we are more violent. Probably because he have diverse cultures and minorities, that would be my guess.
                          The whole point of Moore going to Canada was to show that we have the same gun ownership (relatively) and watch the same TV and movies, yet are not killing each other in the same proportion. When Moore went around asking Americans why they think Canada has lower violence, an ignorant American said "because they have more white people living in Canada?"

Minorities make up about 14% of our population, and I think its about 21% in the States. I dont think that extra 7% is accounting for all the shootings.
                          Originally posted by ethan20
                          There's a correlation between cervixal cancer in women and un-circumsized penises. Not to mention it almost cuts your bacteria count on the penis in half.
                          Originally posted by reservoirGod
                          Ethan sure does know alot about dicks

Comment

If you watched Bowling for Colombine.....I strongly suggest you watch "Michael and Me" which answers the points dreamed up in that documentary. Bottom line, gun control is a silly and dangerous idea in America, and stands only to weaken the law abiding public, not criminals.......good documentary. Some political factions are paying Mr. Moore's salary................
                            Would you let the system sit (shit) down on your head again? NO, DREAD, NO.
                            Would you let the system
                            make you kill your brother man? NO, DREAD, NO

Comment

^^ The average German had no choice to support Hitler. After he gained power and well before he went to war (1934-1939), he pretty much made it so that almost every job weeded out anyone who was not a Nazi supporter. If you wanted a job in the Reich (and wanted to actually keep your life) you had to be a supporter of the Nazi movement or at least be damn good at faking it. It wasnt an option to support him or not. Every citizen had to take a personal oath of allegiance to Hitler.

Hitler was elected to power through a minority government. It was the scheming Generals at the top (Kurt Von Schleicher and Von Papen) that were trying to secure the Chancellorship for themselves that allowed Hitler to take power. They both made concessions to him in order for the support of the Nazi party, after which he just disposed of them after he got the Army on his side. The German people were definately easily duped, but the blame must be put on the military for supporting him. He couldnt have done anything without that.
                              My point is prior to the actual war itself (and still technically in the first 2 years of the war) the Nazi Regime made the German people proud to be Germans. He turned their economy around tenfold, reestablished the German military was a superpower in Europe, and spread the idealology that they were superior and that the boundaries in neighboring countries such as Austria were just made up by politicians(the hapsburg dynasty if you read mein kempf). Regardless if he wasn't voted in by a majority and seized power, he did many greatthings, however the crimes against humanity and his many foolish decisions greatly overshadow these.
                              ------------------------------------------
                              I don't have a problem with gays, in fact I wouldn't mind sharing a room with one

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 10:00 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Deborahlanker  
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 08:25 AM
                              0 responses