HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want gas prices to come down? It's time to change things.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want gas prices to come down? It's time to change things.

I got this in an e-mail from Master Sims earlier today. Please do this and send it to everyone you know. EVERYONE! Even if you hate them.

I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the summer. Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action.

Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!

The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.75 for regular unleaded in my town.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50-$1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace.... not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas!

And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp (sic) out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people and DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from EXXON and MOBIL. That's all.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK AND THROW THEIR CREDIT CARDS AWAY!
    Peep out my new track - "Whaleface (Reintroduction)"

L O S T

the government needs to invest in alternative sources of energy....

the problem is the government isnt a people's government no longer, its a halliburton goverment...

WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET

WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET

Comment

Originally posted by NyTe^CRaWLeR
      the government needs to invest in alternative sources of energy....

the problem is the government isnt a people's government no longer, its a halliburton goverment...
      Who do you blame that on? Definatly not bush
      You blame it on the eviromentalists that won't let us explore energy sources, and drill in Alaska....

Anyways:
      I love this, this was great! Makes a lot of sense too, hope it does work that way.
      NOT a deucescoundral groupie(just happened that I picked this name and he picked that name even if it was before me).

Comment

lol

Comment

Start sticking up gas stations for cash and gas... Hijack tanker trucks.

God, I miss gas and going before every station went prepay.
          the last vet.before everyone got vetted
          Originally posted by MarshallArts
          Who's got you quoted in their sigs? Are they as equally worthy as those that have sigged me? I just can't imagine it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuz-Deuz
            Who do you blame that on? Definatly not bush
            You blame it on the eviromentalists that won't let us explore energy sources, and drill in Alaska....

Anyways:
            I love this, this was great! Makes a lot of sense too, hope it does work that way.

I'm sitting on ConocoPhillip's Alpine Pad CD1 @ Prudoe Bay, Alaska... typing on the moral computer they provide in the breakroom... and I can tell you this with great certainty: since 2002, the oil companies have lost intrest in drilling here and are only luke warm on drilling in ANWR... their focus is soley on the mid-east now.
            the last vet.before everyone got vetted
            Originally posted by MarshallArts
            Who's got you quoted in their sigs? Are they as equally worthy as those that have sigged me? I just can't imagine it.

Comment

Exxon and Mobile are the same company. The two merged in 1999 and became Exxon/Mobile. Also, its not clear that Exxon/Mobile is the biggest oil company. The four Big oil companys (all of them about the same size according to public records) are...

Exxon/Mobile (located in Texas)
              Shell (located in London)
              BP (located in London)
              Total (located in Paris)

If anything, we should boycott Total because they recieved a majority of Saddam Hussiens oil contracts in the 1990's.

Comment

you want gas prices to come down? start bombing gas stations and head offices and refining plants or whatever the gas companies use. Thats the absolute only way to get their attention, and me personally, i dont care enough about spending 40-80$ a week to go to that extreme. But if your serious about bringing those prices down, do it up. Shit I dont even see the big deal, we get fucked 800 other ways, if we're gonna get a whole chunk of the population to get together on something, we should get together on getting rid of taxes, especially income tax. But anyway, this wont work, Ive seen this exact same shit about 5000 times posted around on streets and at work and people have been handing it out for over a year, but the prices just keep going up. The only way your ever gonna get cheap gas again is if you funnel it.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 11:22 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post Deborahlanker  
                Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 08:42 AM