**New Orleans and Racism**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **New Orleans and Racism**

Where do you stand on this issue cause I think this is what is blowing the fuck up at the moment. We got neo-cons already playing the " their playing the race card" card, and I was watching that redneck Bill O Reilly last night, a guy who needs the race issue like Oprah needs lypo.

I was disgusted with him last night, this shit is about race to me because a whole underclass have been left to rot on the margins of American society. America loves to show the world the American dream and shit, but they hide a lot of shit in their closet. A lot of people have remarked how Norleans basically looked like Somalia, something I you would never dream could happen in America, supposed Super Power.

That shoot to kill MArshal Law was fucking disgusting, instead of telling your soldiers to heolp the poor and sick, these right wing crackpots blogs were busy saying shit like " shoot the looters right in the head". This was a way of making black genocide legal to me, we already sen Bush's love for black people when he was governor of Texas, he hired 1 or 2 blacks to show his compasionate conservatism, but Colin Powell has already walked, not wanting to be with this freak.

This shit has revealed a lot about America to me, we keep hearing " racism is over", " you need to move on", yet you see the way that country treats its poor, mostly black and hispanic, and how they feel they should be dealt with for assumed misbehaviour. Thank God I aint grow up in America's south.

Edit by SlamboS: These two threads have the same topic so I merged them to keep it all in one place.
    Last edited by SlamboS; 09-06-2005, 01:11 PM.
    FUCK THIS PEACE SHIT, ALL YOU WIGGAS BE DECEASED.

you suck.
    My other aliases:
    justp1ayin
    West
    Masai
    On The Shelf

Originally posted by Nasen
    i seeth for a minute
    Originally posted by Derty JaSoN
    i have no clue who was de-re whatever

Comment

Yeah, it is times like this I am glad not to be American. They talking about the looters exploiting the situation, yet they're exploiting the whole thing as a chance to wipe out as many of us as they can. The sad thing is the rest of the world will just stand by and support it. I wonder how many white 'looters' get shot.

Comment

The aftermath of the hurricane is going to bring out a tonne of shit.

This shit has revealed a lot about America to me, we keep hearing " racism is over", " you need to move on", yet you see the way that country treats its poor, mostly black and hispanic, and how they feel they should be dealt with for assumed misbehaviour. Thank God I aint grow up in America's south.
        Word man.
        "Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile."
        - Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

67 percent of New Orleans residents are African American so of course the majority of the people shown on television and other media were the same. There was a peculiar difference though; I noticed on many news reports (Yahoo! comes to mind) that the black people shown with bags of groceries, food water etc. were mostly said to be looting and the white people shown were said to be getting supplies by any means they could (or something like that). Of course I paraphrase and maybe exaggerate because I am human, but there is an insidious difference in the way the people of different skin color were covered in this tragedy and in the media in general.

"If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace."

John Lennon

Comment

Originally posted by Meowomon
            67 percent of New Orleans residents are African American so of course the majority of the people shown on television and other media were the same. There was a peculiar difference though; I noticed on many news reports (Yahoo! comes to mind) that the black people shown with bags of groceries, food water etc. were mostly said to be looting and the white people shown were said to be getting supplies by any means they could (or something like that). Of course I paraphrase and maybe exaggerate because I am human, but there is an insidious difference in the way the people of different skin color were covered in this tragedy and in the media in general.
            Yeah.
            I can also imagine cops shooting a black guy for looting, but they would probably let off a white guy who is 'finding' food for this family.
            "Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile."
            - Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

We'll never know how much race played in, as it happened the way it happened. But anyone who has the slightest inkling of American history cannot really argue that in any big decision like this, race could be totally unnoticed. I think it has more to do with race than class, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. If in the future, poor whites are left to die and eat each other's food for 5 days in a totally destroyed and abandoned city, while the media calls them criminals and suggests "shoot to kill" force, INSTEAD of focusing on the plight of those stranded, we can agree it is strictly about class. Until then, I am going to go on all I know of American history, which suggest race is ALWAYS important in matters of policy.

But the truth is, we really don't know. Simply asserting one point of view over the other is senseless. Without proof, or at least evidence, asserting points of view is simply wishful/hopeful thinking. I can site LOTS of proof from American history, when race played a huge role DESPITE class. It is a lot harder to find instances of the gov't attacking poor Whites and Blacks EQUALLY. Usually poor Whites are held to be a rung above poor Blacks, in America.

A few facts: Bush's granddaddy was a nazi and a eugenicist. He believed Blacks were a plague on the nation and should be exterminated. When they asked Bush's brother (you remember the one who deprived Black people of their vote to illegally coopt the presidency for this thief?) what he planned to do for Black people on reelection, he was clear: "probably nothing!". So, to suggest that the Bush family is very aware of race, in the nastiest way, is not a lie.

Now, I doubt BUSH personally held up the operation. I think there are FAR more Nazis, social scientists (along Nazi lines), etc., still left in the gov't ESPECIALLY FEMA from the "old guard". Keep in mind that FEMA was ORIGINALLY created to put down any possible Black protests or riots. See the ORIGINAL FEMA papers, and you'll find that it was not ORIGINALLY created for storms and natural disasters, but this duty was ADDED to thier mandate, as the politics of the nation changed. But the original papers creating FEMA use the words NEGRO and BLACK uprisings. They were explicitly clear.

To suggest that FEMA has people within it who are ACCUTELY aware of race, is simply true. Is it a coincidence that the media's early coverage of the situation was that these "rioters" needed to be "put down, controlled"?

Maybe. Maybe not. That is for each of us to decide our opinion on. But clearly, suggesting this as a racist situation is not far fetched. You may disagree, but it sits VERY EASILY with history.

But, again, this is just speculation, albeit historically based speculation. We really don't know.

Peace
              Would you let the system sit (shit) down on your head again? NO, DREAD, NO.
              Would you let the system
              make you kill your brother man? NO, DREAD, NO

Comment

Originally posted by Meowomon
                Sad but ABSOLUTELY TRUE.
                Would you let the system sit (shit) down on your head again? NO, DREAD, NO.
                Would you let the system
                make you kill your brother man? NO, DREAD, NO

Comment

I just love how some people like saying

"We are the most powerful country in the world!! We are a superpower!!!!" ... using "we" as if it applies to them..

Where was this incredible power for the people of New Orleans? Where were all the resources of the most powerful country on Earth to give them basic shit, such as food water and clothes? Why couldnt they share in any of this unlimited power?
                  Originally posted by ethan20
                  There's a correlation between cervixal cancer in women and un-circumsized penises. Not to mention it almost cuts your bacteria count on the penis in half.
                  Originally posted by reservoirGod
                  Ethan sure does know alot about dicks

Comment

"We the People" are not powerful in this country. We have been so busy preserving the American way of life that we allowed U.S. big business/government to run rampant over the lives of those without immediate resources. Those with money have the power. The working class is too busy just trying to make ends meet and take care of their family to do much about it.

"If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace."

John Lennon

Comment

I agree with everything Rainstorm said, I just cant articulate it like him. We live in an era now where damn near every black who talks about suffering is accused of playing the race card. A black cant open his mouth for 2 seconds before Fox News is saying that shit. But then again, America is a country where people like Cindy Sheehan are called traitors. So I suppose I should not be surprised.

I also saw a poll where they said 65% of whites think Racism is over, while 75% of blacks think it still exists. Looks like white and black are still at opposite ends of the spectrum. When I was watching Fox and Friends on Saturday morning, and they were talking about the Kanye comments, Steve Doocy was very aggressive in condemning him, but the black guy looked very uncomfortable. He knew he had to tow the company line, after all it is a far right network, but I knew he agreed with a lot of what Kanye said and ultimately said that it was an issue that needed to be adreesed.
                      FUCK THIS PEACE SHIT, ALL YOU WIGGAS BE DECEASED.

Comment

the real racism

EDIT: This was the post that began unknown entity's thread 'the real racism.'

the real racism is coming from these self centered morons who are using this terrible national tragedy as a means to pull the fucking race card and advance their own poilitical agenda. id also like to commend kanye west for being a piece of shit and using a fucking fundraiser to help victims as a way to garner publicicty. hey kanye, next time you open your mouth atleast make some sense you rich little basturd. isnt it a bit of a coincidence that west decides to make this kind of publicicty 3 fucking days after his album drops (which sucks by the way..dont waste the blank cd to even burn the damn thing). on the same note, every single one of these celbrities needs to shut their damn mouths because these ass holes have millions and millions and millions of dollars, they could afford to give up like half of it to victims and still be rich as fuck. so shut up, we dont care what you pompous jack asses have to say.

anyway, as i was saying... i think its hilarious how everyone says that the government is being racist because theyre relief efforts are going slowly. umm did any of you people notice how some of those pieces of garbage are SHOOTING AT THE DAMN RESCUE HELICOPTERS??!! wtf is that? and then when the helicopters shoot back theyre being racist??? no, thats not racism thats called not wanting to die because some psychos are shooting at them. on top of all that there is rape, murder, looting all going on.. i mean look at these people taking advantage of a national crisis so that they can stick their dick in a helpless woman and not get in trouble for it. there is obviousley alot of helpless victims who i feel sorry for and pray for everyday. these people, whether they are black, white, orange, green or whatever are being victimized by people who are also stranded with them. it shows a very sad state of humanity that people react to a tragedy in this way.. i mean me the first thing id think is "wow look at all these people suffering, how can i help". but the first thoughts of alot of those people in new orleans apparently went along the lines of "wow, look at all these people suffering, nows my chance to steal one hundred pairs of puma running shoes and some assault rifels from walmart". its sad, it really is. and its got nothing to do with race, this is how people are. all im trying to say to all these people trying to make it into a race issue..shut the hell up, im sick of you.
                        Last edited by SlamboS; 09-06-2005, 01:12 PM.

Comment

yeah,that kanye comment,everyone is talking about it,what's so wrong with it? I GUESS THERE ISNT SOMETHING LIKE FREEDOM OF SPEECH ANYMORE! how can you condemn a person that rightfully critisizes his president for not doing enough for the BLACK ppl of new orleans? what's wrong with that?
                          if you give me a rep PLZ LEAVE YOUR NAME so i can know who you are,especially if you leave me a bad one,have the damn guts to leave ur damn name!

Comment

the most powerful superpower in the world shouldn't take this long to overhaul iraq.
                            My other aliases:
                            justp1ayin
                            West
                            Masai
                            On The Shelf

Originally posted by Nasen
                            i seeth for a minute
                            Originally posted by Derty JaSoN
                            i have no clue who was de-re whatever

Comment

Well you know, New Orleans has crackheads.

Crackheads, when left witohut crack, and whom find guns are liable to be poppin' off at anyone.

So yeah.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by properti, Yesterday, 02:44 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jesi
                              by jesi