X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Should Sell The Ranch

i thought this was a cool (funny) read :

Dear Mr. Bush,
    It's time to Sell the Ranch. What does that have to do with anything? Hear me out, and I'll explain: Currently, New Orleans is underwater. Thousands of people are missing and/or dead. Scores more have lost their homes permanently, and are suffering in squalid conditions.

The Mayor of New Orleans has called this the largest disaster in the history of the country. But what's more disastrous, the hurricane, or the slow-as-molasses response from the federal agencies for which you're responsible?

You seem to be more interested in getting a tan and going on vacation than running a country that's falling apart-- and no, not Iraq. I mean running this country.

But perhaps your preoccupation with (and of) Iraq is part of the problem. After all, it's not as if you didn't have any warning that this would happen: In early 2001, FEMA ranked this possible disaster right up there with a terrorist attack on New York City. So with a need for $250 million to shore up hurricane and flooding-prevention projects, you slashed the funding to almost nil. The Army Corps of Engineers received barely 4 million dollars for the New Orleans levee project this year. Where did the rest of the money go? Your friends in government say it went to that $200 billion "let's invade a sovereign nation for no reason" project that you were working on-- which, I agree, must be pretty hard to pay for after all those tax cuts.

(Oh, and there's that $231 million bridge to nowhere up in Alaska. Perhaps the refugees can live under it when it's complete. Or was that your "disaster plan" the entire time?)

Don't get me wrong. Nobody blames you for the hurricane. The flooding, however, is another animal entirely. But you say it was "inevitable". That it was a "force of nature". So when it came down to taking swift, decisive action to help people that were drowning and starving, you were busy playing the guitar at some fluff photo-ops. Condi was too busy buying shoes and seeing Broadway comedies. The head of your party was too busy going to a Republican Fundraiser and selling his car. And the National Guard troops, which could have prevented at least some of the lawlessness, the looting, the pillaging, the rapes, and the assault? Where were they? Where were their helicopters to help airlift the starving, drowning masses? I dare say, even someone with your intelligence can crack that riddle. Hint: it rhymes with "Iraq".

The American people have noticed your indifference towards your duties as president. A recent poll shows your approval rating is at 45%. I'm sure it's headed further south after this incident, or as you call it, "that hurricane thing."

But all is not lost. You can still show the nation that you do care about the people of this great nation. You can make a personal gesture to help the thousands of people affected by this (preventable) disaster. No, I'm not talking about putting on a blue "workin' man" shirt, rolling up your sleeves and giving a press conference with a feigned look of concern on your face. The answer is:

Sell the Ranch. That's right, sell your ranch in Texas, and donate the money to the victims of this horrible tragedy. I realize you love your ranch; you've spent almost a year of your presidency there, doing important things like clearing brush, eating pretzels, and taking naps. But that's exactly why you need to sell it. So many people have lost their homes; the least you can do is give up ownership of one of your many residences for their benefit to show that you have some trace of compassion. Think of it as a symbolic gesture that you're finally ready to stop running away from the responsibilities of the Oval office, and you're ready to meet head-on the full duties of the highest office in the land.

You've said that you communicate with God, that you talk to Jesus. So what would Jesus do? Wouldn't Jesus Christ sell one of his luxury homes to help the indigent, huddled masses yearning to breathe free? At auction, your Ranch would fetch at least a couple million dollars. Would Jesus not donate that money to the poor and starving?

But maybe that level of selflessness is asking too much. After all, the hurricane itself is his dad's fault, when it really comes down to it. So look at it this way, just do what you do best. Think about yourself. You're probably doing that right about now anyway. Think about the hard numbers, and think about your legacy in the history books. It could change the course of your presidency. Do you want to be remembered as the president that fiddled while Rome burned? (and while New Orleans drowned?) Or would you rather be remembered as the warm, giving, Reaganesque philanthropist that gave his all for the nation he lives in most of the time?

As Rove would say: "Think of the look on the lousy democrats' faces! Think of the approval ratings! Think of the glazed honey ham we're having for dinner!"

No matter how you look at it, it's time to be a man, Mr. President. Be a man and Sell the Ranch.

Cordially,
    America
    if you give me a rep PLZ LEAVE YOUR NAME so i can know who you are,especially if you leave me a bad one,have the damn guts to leave ur damn name!

go work in a shoefactory and stop posting bullshit threads.
    ------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by kEgBeGgEr
    I don't have a problem with gays, in fact I wouldn't mind sharing a room with one

Comment

^^ Your just upset that you are'nt witty enough to come up with an article as poinient as this one. I cannot believe you are still trying to defend bush after this... your a sad, sad little man.
      One convienient location...... somewhere in Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by gdillinjah
        ^^ Your just upset that you are'nt witty enough to come up with an article as poinient as this one. I cannot believe you are still trying to defend bush after this... your a sad, sad little man.
        How is this even political? One person's dislike of bush isn't going to help the hurricane victims anytime soon.

and [email protected] you if you're honestly blaming bush for this. Wow, I guess no one told me Bush has magic superpowers to fly to New Orleans and immediately fix everything.
        I don't have a problem with gays, in fact I wouldn't mind sharing a room with one

Comment

by the way, slimcorn already proved you foreigeners' bitch asses wrong.

http://www.d12world.com/board/showpo...9&postcount=35

18%, wow I guess that is the majority, and I guess we should impeach bush noW~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ethan20

18%, wow I guess that is the majority, and I guess we should impeach bush noW~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            All that proves is the majority are clueless. Has Bush offered a stay at the ranch to any "refugees"?

Comment

Originally posted by ethan20

Slimcorn proved nothing.

Bush's approval rating sinks as gas prices soar

By Richard Morin and Dan Balz

The Washington Post

WASHINGTON Rising gas prices and continuing bloodshed in Iraq continue to take their toll on President Bush, whose standing with the public has sunk to an all-time low, according to the latest Washington Post-ABC News poll.

The survey found Bush's overall job approval at 45 percent, down seven points since January and the lowest ever recorded in Post-ABC surveys. Fifty-three percent disapprove of the job Bush is doing.

The war has been a drag on Bush's presidency for many months, but his Iraq approval ratings in the new poll were little changed from two months ago, despite widespread violence, a rash of U.S. casualties, anti-war protests outside the president's Texas ranch and a growing debate about reducing U.S. troop levels.

What may have pushed Bush's overall ratings down is pervasive dissatisfaction over soaring gas prices. Two-thirds of those surveyed said gas prices are causing financial hardship.

More ominously for the president, six in 10 Americans said there were steps the administration could take to reduce gas prices.

"I supported him last year," said Gina Coleman, 29, a homemaker living in Camden County, N.J. "I wouldn't vote for him again. It's gas prices, the war, just the way he has been handling things."

Bush also received negative marks for his handling of immigration, the economy and Social Security, although his ratings on the latter two were not as low as two months ago. A majority of Americans support his handling of the campaign against terrorism.

The poll numbers paint a portrait of national frustration with the direction and leadership of the country, which if not reversed in coming months, is likely to color the environment for next year's midterm elections.

Dissatisfaction is not limited to the president. Fewer than four in 10 Americans 37 percent approve of the way the Republican-controlled Congress is doing its job, the lowest rating for lawmakers in nearly eight years.

The survey also provided bad news for Democratic leaders, who are judged as offering Bush only tepid opposition. Slightly more than half of those surveyed expressed dissatisfaction with the failure of congressional Democrats to oppose Bush more aggressively.

Independents were similarly dissatisfied with Democratic leaders for failing to challenge the president, with six in 10 saying Democrats have been too meek in opposing Bush.

Public attitudes toward the war have not changed significantly since the first of the year, the poll found.

Slightly more than four in 10 42 percent approve of the job Bush is handling the situation in Iraq while 57 percent disapprove, unchanged in recent months.

Slightly more than half 53 percent say the war was not worth it, while 46 percent say it was, identical to the results of a Post-ABC poll two months ago. A total of 1,006 randomly selected adults were interviewed Aug. 25-28. Margin of sampling error is plus or minus 3 percentage points.

his approval is at an all time low, the Congress approval is at an all time low. people are waking up to the reality that a real leader is needed. How can Slimcorns non-quoted post be right but my quoted post be right also. one is a lie, and I believe its SlimCorn because I have a brain. Thank again for the validation.
              One convienient location...... somewhere in Africa.

Comment

Anyone who blames the situation in New Orleans on george Bush loses any argument and any credibility they wish to seek. The entire failure can be blamed on the following:

1. The people who remained after they were told to leave. How hard was it to move ten miles? The city was told to evacuate - and they didnt! Cry me a fucking river. It was a category 5 hurricane and everyone knows New Orleans is in a bowl! You snooze, you lose.

2. The government of Louisiana and New Orleans. Taking care of natural disasters is the responsibility of local officials, NOT FEDERAL! Bush does NOT HAVE THE POWER to bring in troops! He does not have the power to regulate natural disasters!. It was STATE officials who stuck 10,000 people in the superdome thinking it would only be a hurricane - when the city went under water, they had NO WAY of taking care of evacuations because their disaster plans required the use of trucks and buses, not boats! They could not maintain order in the city or arrest people because there was NO PLACE TO PUT CRIMINALS. The jails were flooded, cars wouldnt work!

I think this is easiest one of the worst natural diasters to hit a major metropolitan city in the history of man. Millions of people lived in the city and everything required to protect these people required wheels on dry land, electricity, and a city that wasnt swallowed up by a lake twice its size, one of the worlds longest rivers, and the gulf of mexico. The area wrecked by hurricane katrina equals the size of great britain - and if 1,000 people die - thats nothing. The sad reality is, mother nature kills! And you cant always point the finger at someone...however, the funny thing is, once federal troops came in.. the entire city rapidly came under order.. and it happened within hours.
                Last edited by TheWalrus; 09-07-2005, 07:21 PM.
                Warpox exposes himself | Editorial 1 4 | 2Pox

Comment

^ and you seriously expect people to believe that? Too funny

What would the outcome be if this was a biological attack? Would people be left for dead?
                  Last edited by #1GROUPIEBITCH!; 09-07-2005, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by #1GROUPIEBITCH!

What would the outcome be if this was a biological attack? Would people be left for dead?
                    im gonna laugh one day when someone exposes you like professor rt was exposed today.

Comment

What isn't to believe? It's all facts.

Did troops come into New York during 9.11? No, police continued to take care of it - despite it being a terror target - which legally grants troops to enter the city and take control. The American constitution does not allow the federal government to take control of local disasters that do not involve terrorism and warfare. Hurricanes are a LOCAL problem. Debunk it if you can, bitch (no pun intended)

Comment

Difference is no one knows when we'll be attacked by biological weapons, since it will most likely be terrorists. We knew about the hurricane far in advance, and warnings were given.

Comment

A biological attack allows federal intervention because it falls under one of the following categories:

1. Terrorism
                          2. An act of war

The people were warned to leave New Orleans, did they groupie?

Obvious people do not listen. When more people die in New Orleans from contaminated water because they CONTINUE to refuse to leave, will you find a way to blame it on bush? likely.

Comment

Explain this if you can bitch.
                            http://www.d12world.com/board/showthread.php?t=246262

No one has replied to that thread because there is no possible way to defend it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWalrus
                              A biological attack allows federal intervention because it falls under one of the following categories:

1. Terrorism
                              2. An act of war

The people were warned to leave New Orleans, did they groupie?

Obvious people do not listen. When more people die in New Orleans from contaminated water because they CONTINUE to refuse to leave, will you find a way to blame it on bush? likely.
                              People don't listen? Really? People didn't refuse to leave, they weren't allowed to leave.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by pdmhuqwdghko, Today, 01:45 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post pdmhuqwdghko  
                              Started by Deborahlanker, 10-31-2020, 07:43 AM