HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nagin: School buses too uncomfortable to evacuate people...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nagin: School buses too uncomfortable to evacuate people...

Ok one more post on this!
    I had to open up your childish minds to this!
    Read it and then tell me who acted irresponsible!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Thursday, Sept. 8, 2005 11:38 a.m. EDT
    Ray Nagin: School Buses Not Good Enough

New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin garnered a ton of publicity with a profanity-laced interview he gave to WWL radio last Thursday, where he blasted President Bush and Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco for not coming to rescue his city in time.

However, Nagin's most newsworthy comments - where he explained why he didn't use hundreds of city school buses to evacuate his city's flood victims - went almost unnoticed.

Turns out, Nagin turned his nose up at the yellow buses, demanding more comfortable Greyhound coaches instead.
    "I need 500 buses, man," he told WWL. "One of the briefings we had they were talking about getting, you know, public school bus drivers to come down here and bus people out of here."

Nagin described his response:

"I'm like - you've got to be kidding me. This is a natural disaster. Get every doggone Greyhound bus line in the country and get their asses moving to New Orleans."

While Nagin was waiting for his Greyhound fleet, Katrina's floodwaters swamped his school buses, rendering them unusable.
    GoodGameTV.com

Now they are shipping people on amtrak trains
    Last edited by #1GROUPIEBITCH!; 09-09-2005, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Talk about trying to pass the buck because of his fuck up.
      Attached Files
      http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

“if somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him” (Bukhari, vol. 4, bk. 52, no. 260).

Comment

/\ Wow look physical evidence he could of moved the people out! Thats something most of the left wing extremists don't have! Wonder why?
        GoodGameTV.com

Comment

Originally posted by #1GROUPIEBITCH!
          Now they are shipping people on amtrak trains
          I'm curious, how come you edited your post? You got rid of the "to who knows where".

“if somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him” (Bukhari, vol. 4, bk. 52, no. 260).

Comment

Can you give a link to where you found that picture?

Comment

Can you give a link to where you found that picture?
              I guess, even though you didn't answer my question.

Comment

Thats an AP photo.
                http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...lpc21109012015

Heres another:

http://junkyardblog.net/archives/week_2005_08_28.html
                GoodGameTV.com

Comment

I edited because just after I posted I started to find stories about where they were taken to.

Comment

That second picture isn't of the same buses and looks somewhat fake.

Comment

this is a dumb ass post not even worth responding to. I would just like to ask Slimcorn a few things, first, how would Nagin have gotten from the SuperDome to flooded busses in some part of New Orleans? how could those buses be driven in the firstplace with no drivers? What elementary schoolbus driver would have abandoned thier family in the face of a category 5 hurricane to drive stranger to safety while their own families perished? Where would those buses have gone to in the first place if they ever left their parking spots? Do you have any idea HOW INCREDIBLY IMPOSSIBLE it would have been for a MAYOR to co-ordinate an evacuation on that scale? Have you ever been to New Orleans and seen how the place is built? those buses would have become coffins if they were on the roads when the hurricane hit.

Oh and Nagin did'nt ask for a Greyhound fleet to evacuate BEFORE the storm, he asked for them after the SuperDome needed to be evacuated due to lack of livable conditions. 3 day's and many deaths from heat, exaustion, rapings and beatings the busses finally started comming.
                      One convienient location...... somewhere in Africa.

Comment

I remember hearing this quote as a part of his interview, you have posted it in isolation so its difficult to see the context, but my recollection was that his concern was about the bus drivers rather than the busses themselves. His concern seemed to be more along the lines of experienced long distance drivers as opposed to school bus drivers. Could be wrong, but that was my understanding.
                        "Nationalism is an infantile sickness. It is the measles of the human race."

-Albert Einstein

Comment

I've heard nothing of school buses, and frankly i dont see what difference scool buses would have made. Even if this disaster was fucked up on every level it ashouldda been up to Bush to make sure that areas are compinsated for no matter what.
                          One convienient location...... somewhere in Africa.

Comment

That second picture isn't of the same buses and looks somewhat fake.
                            Yeah your right I made that in photoshop just to impress you!

And for the other answers... This was before the hurricane. New Orleans physical plan on paper was to evacuate not store people in a football statdium in the middle of a city they knew would be underwater.

And also we all know that they will be compinsated (by the federal gov.) But we are talking about the initial reaction and how these people could of been evacuated. Why didnt they just ask Bush help getting the people out? Nagin was just worried about after not saving lives before the storm! Look at all the fuckin buses!

And what are you talking about gdillinjah the buses were not flooded before the storm! So see what you do is, put the key in the ignition and start it. Gas on the right, brake on the left, its like a car. Then people get inside of them and sit down, and you drive them out of an area that will be come flooded!
                            GoodGameTV.com

Comment

Originally posted by gdillinjah
                              this is a dumb ass post not even worth responding to. Where would those buses have gone to in the first place if they ever left their parking spots? Do you have any idea HOW INCREDIBLY IMPOSSIBLE it would have been for a MAYOR to co-ordinate an evacuation on that scale?
                              Well since you change your mind mid-paragraph and decided it is worth responding to this "dumb ass post" , here is your answer:
                              Here is what the plan was supposed to be:
                              http://www.cityofno.com/portal.aspx?portal=46&tabid=26
                              Specifically:
                              "Major population relocations resulting from an approaching hurricane or similar anticipated disaster, caused the City of New Orleans Office of Emergency Preparedness to develop a specific Hurricane Emergency Evacuation Standard Operating Procedures, which are appended to the Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan.

The SOP is developed to provide for an orderly and coordinated evacuation intended to minimize the hazardous effects of flooding, wind, and rain on the residents and visitors in New Orleans. The SOP provides for the evacuation of the public from danger areas and the designations of shelters for evacuees." [/B]
                              GoodGameTV.com

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by WesleyDrake, 09-28-2021, 06:16 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Joedan
                              by Joedan