FEMA are worse than criminals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEMA are worse than criminals

In my opinion these people should be tried for treason, which is punishable by death and considered worse than murder. That's how serious this is. I don't blame Bush for what they did but I think he needs to act fast and really put these guys in line, that's his responsibility. He's already shown as governer of Texas that he has no problem with that kind of punishment, and I think these people deserve that. This is not just as race issue or class issue because I'm sure some of the victims were Republicans, it's Louisiana after all. It's an American issue and a treason issue, how they handled this amounts to mass murder of innocent American civilians. This is probably the biggest scandal in recent American history and someone needs to act fast or this country might possibly fall apart at the seams. It's that serious. I never have believed all the horrible things said about Bush but if he doesn't really come down hard on these traitors it will make the awful rumors about him look more credible. I've always felt bad for the guy that he gets so much exaggerated hate, but if he doesn't show these people who's boss my sympathy level will go the way of New Orleans, even if I still don't think he was actually directly responsible for any of this.
    "The world is changing and there are new opportunities for those who are ready to join forces with those who are stronger and more experienced" -Lucky Luciano (1897-1962)

Originally posted by Lucky Luciano
    In my opinion these people should be tried for treason, which is punishable by death and considered worse than murder. That's how serious this is. I don't blame Bush for what they did but I think he needs to act fast and really put these guys in line, that's his responsibility. He's already shown as governer of Texas that he has no problem with that kind of punishment, and I think these people deserve that. This is not just as race issue or class issue because I'm sure some of the victims were Republicans, it's Louisiana after all. It's an American issue and a treason issue, how they handled this amounts to mass murder of innocent American civilians. This is probably the biggest scandal in recent American history and someone needs to act fast or this country might possibly fall apart at the seams. It's that serious. I never have believed all the horrible things said about Bush but if he doesn't really come down hard on these traitors it will make the awful rumors about him look more credible. I've always felt bad for the guy that he gets so much exaggerated hate, but if he doesn't show these people who's boss my sympathy level will go the way of New Orleans, even if I still don't think he was actually directly responsible for any of this.

He fired the head of FEMA
    Warpox exposes himself | Editorial 1 4 | 2Pox

Comment

True, but people at the local and state level are just as responsible.
      http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

“if somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him” (Bukhari, vol. 4, bk. 52, no. 260).

Comment

Originally posted by Triumph
        True, but people at the local and state level are just as responsible.
        They're responsible because they didn't prepare for the disaster, on that level they are. But as far as the aid, they were told they would get help. Now personally if I ran a city I wouldn't trust the federal government for shit like that, only because I'm not dumb enough to rely on them for anything because these government beauracracies are as useful as crackheads. So on that level yeah the local people should have known better (they do now), but I wouldn't say they're directly responsible. I think every level of government is to blame on some level as far as being unprepared, but only FEMA on a consciously fucked up decision. Even the government beauracracies aren't that much of jerk-offs when there's something like this at hand, these people just didn't seem to care. And if I'm Bush, I'd be after their heads just to keep the country together, not to mention save my reputation.
        "The world is changing and there are new opportunities for those who are ready to join forces with those who are stronger and more experienced" -Lucky Luciano (1897-1962)

Comment

George Bush is the one who ordered the initial evacuation, saving thousands of lives

It was announced at a news conference by the Mayor Ray Nagin on Sunday 28 August, less than 24 hours before the hurricane struck early the next morning.

The question has to be asked: Why was it not ordered earlier?

The Louisiana Governor Kathleen Blanco said at the same news conference that President Bush had called and personally appealed for a mandatory evacuation.
          The governor of Louisiana didnt allow buses to leave the city until when?

"Nor does Governor Blanco escape criticism. It took until Thursday, for example, for her to sign an order releasing school buses to move the evacuees. "
          The mayor instructed people to bring THEIR OWN supplies!!!

The mayor said people going to the Superdome, a sports venue named as an alternative destination for those unable to leave, should bring supplies for several days. He also said police could commandeer any vehicle for the evacuation.
          During the height of emergencies, state and local officials ignored people in the superdome and the convention center. Why?

"The very day that this emerged in the press, I was on a video conference with all the officials, including state and local officials. And nobody, none of the state and local officials or anybody else, was talking about a Convention Center," Chertoff told CNN. Note how he blames local officials.
          The part of the levee that broke was recently upgraded

'"Shea Penland, director of the Pontchartrain Institute for Environmental Studies at the University of New Orleans, said [it] was particularly surprising because the break was "along a section that was just upgraded." "It did not have an earthen levee," Dr. Penland said. "It had a vertical concrete wall several feel thick."' It is a long and complex chain of responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Luciano
            But as far as the aid, they were told they would get help.
            The government can only provide financial help unless certain emergency laws are iniated. For instance, the disaster was not declared an "incident of national significance" by the homeland security department until late wednesday, so before then nothing could be done. The president does not have the power over local and state officials to do ANYTHING during a disaster unless it is from a foreign source, i.e. terrorism and warfare.

I think every level of government is to blame on some level as far as being unprepared, but only FEMA on a consciously fucked up decision.
            The level of responsibility, for me, goes in this order:
            Governor, FEMA, mayor, Homeland security department

I was debating about the role of FEMA and the mayor and I decided that the mayor didnt have the resources and law on his side to do as much as he wanted, but the local city officials sat in on meetings with the governor and completed ignored the superdome dilemma. I sitll think FEMA could have done more on thursday (especially after the governor gave permission to evacuate using buses) and didnt, and since that day turned out awful, they bear more responsibility then the Mayor.

And if I'm Bush, I'd be after their heads just to keep the country together, not to mention save my reputation.
            If you think about it, there was really only one bad day - thursday, and when the federal government did take over (friday) shit got cleaned up FAST
            Last edited by TheWalrus; 09-09-2005, 02:46 PM.

Comment

at the end of the day, if tens of thousands are dead. It was FEMA that failed horribly, and it was Bush who appointed FEMA's direction from its leader to it's conglomeration with homeland security, this is what a disaster is going to be like while Bush is on watch. The buck stops somewhere.

It is abundantly clear that Bush cut funding for the replacement of the levee system and the pumping stations, but those are secondary compared to how badly FEMA fucked up on every level. The military FAILED as well, but only on getting there on time, but they are only following orders and cannot be held accountable. Only one person is over-looking the enitre situation, only one can give the appropriate orders to mobilize the military, only one is responsible for how well all levels of governments work together to accomplish a final result. These are the jobs of nobody less than a president, wake up and smell the shit storm already!
              One convienient location...... somewhere in Africa.

Comment

Did you know this?

Executive Order Number 12148 created the Federal Emergency Management Agency to interface with the Department of Defense for civil defense planning and funding. An "emergency czar" was appointed. FEMA has only spent about 6 percent of its budget on national emergencies. The bulk of their funding has been used for the construction of secret underground facilities to assure continuity of government in case of a major emergency, foreign or domestic.

Executive Order Number 12656 appointed the National Security Council as the principal body that should consider emergency powers. This allows the government to increase domestic intelligence and surveillance of U.S. citizens and would restrict the freedom of movement within the United States and grant the government the right to isolate large groups of civilians. The National Guard could be federalized to seal all borders and take control of U.S. air space and all ports of entry.

Executive Order 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.

Executive Order 10995 allows Seizure of all communications media in the United States.

Executive Order 10997 allows Seizure of all electric power fuels and minerals, public and private.

Executive Order 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

Executive Order 10999 allows Seizure of all means of transportation, including personal cars, trucks or vehicles of any kind and total control of highways, seaports and waterways.

Executive Order 11000 allows Seizure of all American people for work forces under federal supervision including the splitting of families if the government finds it necessary.

Executive Order 11001 allows seizure of all health, education and welfare facilities, public and private.

Executive Order 11002 empowered the postmaster general to register all men, women and children in the U.S.

Executive Order 11003 allows seizure of all airports and aircraft.

Executive Order 11004 allows seizure of all housing and finance authorities to establish Forced Relocation Designated areas to be abandoned as "unsafe."

Executive Order 11005 allows seizure of all railroads, inland waterways and storage facilities, public and private.

Executive Order 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.

Executive Order 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months.

Executive Order 12919 Signed June 3, 1994, by President Clinton. Encompasses all the above executive orders.

http://prisonplanet.com/Pages/Sept05/060905FEMA.htm

Comment

^ As far as I know these orders can only be implemented in the event of an attack on the US, not in the case of a natural disaster. Could be wrong though.
                  "Nationalism is an infantile sickness. It is the measles of the human race."

-Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Tricia
                    ^ As far as I know these orders can only be implemented in the event of an attack on the US, not in the case of a natural disaster. Could be wrong though.
                    This is just in case a massive attack or natural disaster happened in America. Im not talking about Katrina or 9/11, something like a suit-case nuclear bomb going off in the ten most populous US Citys.

FEMA really screwed this up, and Bush should of appointed somebody more qualified to lead the post. The Governor also messed up in many places as well.

Comment

Bush was praising the head of FEMA as doing a terrific job (that he appointed) days after the disaster and people were calling for his head, but he finally gave in and fired him now.

Woulda looked better if he had fired him initially so that people would know its because he did a bad job, not because Bush wants to save his approval ratings.
                      Originally posted by ethan20
                      There's a correlation between cervixal cancer in women and un-circumsized penises. Not to mention it almost cuts your bacteria count on the penis in half.
                      Originally posted by reservoirGod
                      Ethan sure does know alot about dicks

Comment

Originally posted by kEgBeGgEr
                        Bush was praising the head of FEMA as doing a terrific job (that he appointed) days after the disaster and people were calling for his head, but he finally gave in and fired him now.

Woulda looked better if he had fired him initially so that people would know its because he did a bad job, not because Bush wants to save his approval ratings.
                        Can you show a quote or something? I remember Bush saying he was unhappy at the rate of progress during the troubling times.

Comment

Ownage.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TheWalrus again.
                          Favorite Cartoon Characters:

1) Cartman
                          2) Bugs Bunny
                          3) The Prophet Muhammed

Comment

FEMA did a shitty job at dealing with the situation but theres people lower and higher up who should be just as responsible for the half as job that was done. The bush administration has decided that it wont be them who are going to be booted out so there makeing FEMA there scapgoat
                            If I can kick drugs, I can deliver a baby

Charlie RIP
                            LOST

Comment

THAT is crazy! No One should ever have THAT much power!

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 10:00 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Deborahlanker  
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 08:25 AM
                              0 responses