HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Makes A "Conspiracy Theory", Just That?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Makes A "Conspiracy Theory", Just That?

Well dictionary.com defines the word CONSPIRACY as the following:

An agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act.
    A group of conspirators.
    Law. An agreement between two or more persons to commit a crime or accomplish a legal purpose through illegal action.
    A joining or acting together, as if by sinister design: a conspiracy of wind and tide that devastated coastal areas.
    It also defines CONSPIRATORS as:

con·spir·a·tor ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kn-spîr-tr)
    n.
    One that engages in a conspiracy

The word THEORY is defined as following:

the·o·ry ( P ) Pronunciation Key (th-r, thîr)
    n. pl. the·o·ries
    A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.
    The branch of a science or art consisting of its explanatory statements, accepted principles, and methods of analysis, as opposed to practice: a fine musician who had never studied theory.
    A set of theorems that constitute a systematic view of a branch of mathematics.
    Abstract reasoning; speculation: a decision based on experience rather than theory.
    A belief or principle that guides action or assists comprehension or judgment: staked out the house on the theory that criminals usually return to the scene of the crime.
    An assumption based on limited information or knowledge; a conjecture.
    ---------------------------------------------

So where did this term 'Conspiracy Theory' come from. First, let's look at a few things here.

From an obective stand point I pose to you of all spectrums,

Is not "THE BIG BANG" followed by the word... THEORY? A theory on our existance, an assumption based on limited knowledge. How do we really know all of us are, in simple terms, one big accident?

CREATIONISM, is in actuality a theory. An assumption, based on limited knowledge. Who're we to know how God created us, why he created us or if he even the Big Bang Theory is the truth? It simply cannot be ousted and put down as nonsense, for it is a POSSIBILITY. Just like The Big Bang Theory is a POSSIBILITY.

Dictionary.com defines POSSIBILITY as:

pos·si·bil·i·ty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ps-bl-t)
    n. pl. pos·si·bil·i·ties
    The fact or state of being possible.
    Something that is possible.
    possibilities Potentiality for favorable or interesting results: The idea has great possibilities.
    So what I am trying to say is, labelling a 'Conspiracy Theory' as CONSPIRACY Theory does in fact, not make any intelligible sense whatsoever. Nor can you simply dismiss or shun a 'Conspiracy' Theory, for it has a POSSIBILITY OF BEING CORRECT.

So tell me people, what makes A "Conspiracy" Theory, just that?

Is it because it shakes your personal belief system? Think of it this way, many people once conditioned to think a certain way and feel a certain way about certain subjects will fight, some even DIE to stop anything that debunks or offers different perspective from coming out AT ALL COSTS.

Many of you I know, and don't lie, never have even read most of the things "Conspiracy" Theorists have put forth for you. I suspect Bri has, maybe even Triumph. However I believe they fit in with the group of people I mentioned above this paragraph.

Refusal of other possibilities.

Let me pose this to you...

If you went back to 1920, to try and warn the world of the horrors of the Atom Bomb and Nuclear weapons they would NOT believe you. NOR would they consider you SANE. WHAT WOULD YOU BE LABELLED?

A CONSPIRACY THEORIST.

If it is too great to be even considered a "Conspiracy" Theory, or it is "TOO OUT THERE"(Alien existance and ties with the Federal Government, George H.W Bush's involvement in the assassination of John F. Kennedy, etc...) then it is BULLSHIT. NO! IT DOES NOT EXIST! IT ISN'T REAL! I DON'T CARE WHAT PROOF YOU HAVE OR FACTS, THEY'RE MADE UP! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT! GO AWAY YOU INSANE BASTARD!

*Gasp.*

These are the common comebacks after all else of many people I've spoken to about this subject and their underlining, and abundant sub-subjects.

Why is this?

Is it because it shakes your personal belief system? Think of it this way, many people once conditioned to think a certain way and feel a certain way about certain subjects will fight, some even DIE to stop anything that debunks or offers different perspective from coming out AT ALL COSTS.
    This is why.

There are another group of people. People who seek the truth and enlightenment. Maybe most don't find themselves labelled "Conspiracy" Theorists, but it all comes down to their simple knowledge... Society is a control mechanism.

So those who think "outside the box", if you will. Are labelled "Conspiracy" Theorists. (Note: I'm not saying a lot of "Conspiracy" Theory's aren't out there, but there a few gems which offer truth hidden in the midst of lies.)

The fact remains, ANY Theory is a POSSIBILITY. For it is after all, based off of limited KNOWLEDGE.

So why are "Conspiracy" Theorists labelled such and given such a big cloud over their head?

Look at blacks and the word n. igger. This was used to belittle the black man, and it was a label. Label. Keep this in mind, Label. It carried a stigma that was not as good as being labelled White.

If I'm a Doctor with a PHD, that is a LABEL. A label which carries good things and good renown.

Now if I'm a career Criminal, this is also a LABEL. However contrary to being labelled Doctor, this label comes with bad stigma like the word n. igger had with blacks back in the day.

So why all these LABELS?

There are another group of people. People who seek the truth and enlightenment. Maybe most don't find themselves labelled "Conspiracy" Theorists, but it all comes down to their simple knowledge... Society is a control mechanism.
    These labels define who is good, and who is bad.

Now what if this doctor beats his wife constantly?

And what if this criminal steals because he is racially discriminated against, thus cannot get a job so this is his only means of putting food on the table?

So, what if these "Conspiracy" Theorists are NOT insane? What if they speak the truth, and it is you who refuses to listen to them because they challenge your personal belief system?

So in closing, in addition to all the above posed questions and thoughts for one to reflect on...

What makes a "Conspiracy" Theory, just that?

lol

Comment

smh. Moving on.

Edit: lol @ the no name bad rep that did jack shit.
      Last edited by Delinquent Faith; 09-11-2005, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Payne
        You know it's practically impossible for a human being to change his view when it's based on a firm belief. It is a fact that the brain EDITS out 50% of the information on the basis of a belief. So basically we see what we are led to see and edit out anything that contradicts it. Like for example, to a war supporter the statement "I want peace" is really saying "I want to let the 'terrorists' and the 'dictators' do what they like." Or to supporters of industrialism if someone says, “We must protect the planet", is saying “We should go back to living in tents and working the land with horses."

Each side doesnt hear whats being said because their minds edit the message to fit their beliefs.

Comment

Yeah but I've never had that problem. I listen to peoples arguements no matter my take. *Shrug.*

Comment

not a lot of people are open minded... they just take the official version of events and form a firm belief in their mind that it was actually what took place. Like for example, "Osama Bin Laden" and "19 Hijackers" became the official story NOT BY EVIDENCE but by constant repition. You can bet your ass that people will go on believing that is the official story DESPITE THE FACT THE EVIDENCE points the other way because of the FIRM BELIEF they took on thanks to the mainstream media. At least 7 of those 19 'hijackers' are confirmed to be ALIVE. I can post an article from BBC news backing up this claim and it won't make a difference to those people.

Comment

At least 7 of those 19 'hijackers' are confirmed to be ALIVE. I can post an article from BBC news backing up this claim and it won't make a difference to those people.
              Bullshit, but post it anyway.
              Warpox exposes himself | Editorial 1 4 | 2Pox

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/1559151.stm

Comment

Okay, so what does that article 'expose' that wasnt already the official word of the FBI and the government?

FBI Director Robert Mueller acknowledged on Thursday that the identity of several of the suicide hijackers is in doubt.

Comment

yeah since the FBI director acknowledged it let's just forget they named them in the first place.

but anyways.

this is what i mean. i assure you he was convinced all 19 'hijackers' were dead, but now he got proved wrong and shook it off like it's nothing.

Comment

You know it's practically impossible for a human being to change his view when it's based on a firm belief. It is a fact that the brain EDITS out 50% of the information on the basis of a belief. So basically we see what we are led to see and edit out anything that contradicts it. Like for example, to a war supporter the statement "I want peace" is really saying "I want to let the 'terrorists' and the 'dictators' do what they like." Or to supporters of industrialism if someone says, “We must protect the planet", is saying “We should go back to living in tents and working the land with horses."

Each side doesnt hear whats being said because their minds edit the message to fit their beliefs.
                      This kind of reminded me of Howard Zinn, who I greatly admire and respect, so I decided to dig up a quote...

"There was never, for me as a teacher and a writer, an obsession with "objectivity," which I considered neither possible nor desirable. I understood early that what is presented as "history" or as "news" is inevitably a selection out of an infinite amount of information, and that what is selected depends on what the selector thinks is important.

Those who talk from high perches about the sanctity of "facts" are parroting Charles Dickens' stiff-backed pedant in Hard Times, Mr. Gradgrind, who insisted his students give him "facts, facts, nothing but facts." But behind any presented fact, I had come to believe, is a judgment--the judgment that this fact is important to put forward (and, by implication, other facts may be ignored). And any such judgment reflects the beliefs, the values of the historian, however he or she pretends to "objectivity."

I was relieved when I decided that keeping one's judgments out of historical narrative was impossible, because I had already determined that I would never do that. I had grown up amidst poverty, had been in a war, had witnessed the ugliness of race hatred, and I was not going to pretend to neutrality.

As I told my students at the start of my courses, "You can't be neutral on a moving train." That is, the world is already moving in certain directions--many of them horrifying. Children are going hungry, people are dying in wars. To be neutral in such a situation is to collaborate with what’s going on. The word "collaborator" had a deadly meaning in the Nazi era. It should have that same meaning today."
                      "When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny."
                      --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

very good read

Comment

this is what i mean. i assure you he was convinced all 19 'hijackers' were dead, but now he got proved wrong and shook it off like it's nothing.
                          All 19 hijackers arent dead?

So, some of them parachuted out before they hit the towers?

Listen commie hilwiger, I had enough of your dumb comments.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWalrus
                            All 19 hijackers arent dead?

So, some of them parachuted out before they hit the towers?

Listen commie hilwiger, I had enough of your dumb comments.
                            What do you make of this?
                            "When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny."
                            --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by PassItOn
                              I didn't read it all. I am assuming you are building onto what Payne is trying to get at, so let me better explain myself.

Each of the airlines had a 'list of passengers', correct?

Well, the FBI used the list to find out who the hijackers were through obvious ways. First, eye witness accounts from cell phone calls on board, idnetical names enrolled in flight schools, connections of individuals through other known terrorists, whatever...

Now, many of the hijackers couldn't get into the country and most likely used faked identities - which is quite common. Therefore, they may have stolen someones identity and used a fake name. When the FBI says "bob dylan" is a hijacker - they might be referring to the person who's identity was stolen - thinking it was legitimately the individual who was on the plane.

It is obvious that there was 15-25 hijackers, and the number 19 is probably pretty solid - but who knows how many "helped out". What matters is, there were people on the plane committing a terrorist attack and they all died. No one escaped. So, to say 'names were wrong' and certain people are 'still alive' is pretty unreal - and quite obviously is a result of identity confusion.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by oneshotc0, Today, 10:04 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post oneshotc0  
                              Started by oneshotc0, Today, 10:01 AM