Questions about all the Jewish threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about all the Jewish threads

First of all I want to say that I'm not taking a stance about Jewish people or Israel or Zionism in this thread. But On the first page alone there are 5 threads about these topics, and another thread asking what's the deal with all these threads:

Zionism and the Jews
    Are the Jews God's Chosen people according to the OLD TESTAMENT?
    How the Jew took over America
    An universally inspiring Jewish goal...
    5 dancing Israelis arrested on 9/11

Why so Much anti-semitism here?\

So that's 6 threads total, all bringing slightly different issues but usually ending with the same debate, the same sides, the same beef and hate. There have been some pretty decent debates in them, though. But still, I think having 6 threads about a topic like this is way over the top and I get the impression that there is probably a lot of hate building between the different sides (which is maybe why people have suddenly exploded creating all these threads).

But since I'm not active in those debates, I thought I'd seek the opinions of others... Do you guys think it's too much, and are there any threads that you think should be merged into one thread? I'd like to clean the forum up a little bit and it seems like this place is being littered with these threads. Do you think I should just leave them and not touch them? Do you think these threads just spark hate? Do you think they ever get too offensive or pointless and should be closed?

I got a PM about this and I've seen many posts and a thread complaining about what's going on here. Since it seems to be a big issue and one that I really haven't been involved in, I thought i'd seek the opinions of those who know more what's going on. Also, I thought a little bit about asking to have a sub-forum made for religious discussion. But personally I'm against that just because if we leave it as one forum the threads will get more exposure and people that normally wouldn't enter the religious forum will have the ability to debate and bring up other political issues in the threads. But anyway those are my thoughts, yours?

I think there is definitely debate that can be done about this and I don't think there's anything wrong with threads about Jews or Zionism or Israel or Palestine at all, but there comes a point where it goes too far in my opinion. But I don't know where to draw that line or if there is a line to be drawn and I'm trying to moderate fairly without taking a side.

Comment

I think there can be good debates about zionism and palestine in the context of the current mideast crisis, for sure, I just think it is becoming a redundant topic and it can only end in people being offended personally. No one controls the past, and many of these threads talk about "Gods chosen people" or "Zionists killing more jews in history then palestinians". To me, it is both impossible to debate and just propaganda. On the surface racism might not be so identifiable but the intent is pretty obvious.

IMO, we should mainly keep religion focused on modern times. Calling someone a "towel head" in response to 9.11 or calling someone a "big nosed jew" in response to an attack in the west bank (stupid examples) is largely said out of frustration, but it is a legitimate emotional response to something we can debate - and something productive can come out of it.

Right now, i'm on the border with this. I'm not very religous and I hardly debate historical religous events or interpretations. I still think it can be done, but in a more tasteful way. Telling people "You're not God's chosen people", "Jews are taking over America", or "Zionists kill more jews then terrorists" is stupid because none of it can be proved, so the end result? People offended, threads trashed, and multiple threads start (or end) with a never-ending fued.

I guess as a Christian I shouldnt really care though?
      Warpox exposes himself | Editorial 1 4 | 2Pox

Comment

Luckily, some threads on the second page are dying:

A Personal Story From an American Jew (Jack Bernstein) Who Moved To Israel
        The Four Myths of Zionism
        Pop Quiz on the Middle East

Comment

christians and muslims shoodnt be fighting anyway

and those threads i love the deabates in them
          FUCK YOU BITCH!!!! YEA YOU

Comment

Don't see nothing wrong with any of those threads, all different topics with different information. If it was all the same shit then I could see the reason to take action, but until that happens there's no need to imo.

Comment

i see tons of intelligence up in here
              FUCK YOU BITCH!!!! YEA YOU

Comment

The 5 dancing Israelis arrested on 9/11 thread is not anti-Semitic. It is about a documented Israeli espionage ring operating inside the United States with connections to 9/11.

However, in my personal opinion, threads like How "the Jew" took over America, are blatantly anti-Semitic.

If it was up to me, I would separate religious discussion and political debate into two separate forums.
                "When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny."
                --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

For me its not a debate on the religions, I just get involved in the threads that contain misleading or untruthful information about the current conflict and its origins.
                  http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

“if somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him” (Bukhari, vol. 4, bk. 52, no. 260).

Comment

I'd like to see more positive threads about religion cause despite what you see here religion can be a good thing but of course those type of threads don't spark debates.

Comment

I truthfully am getting sick of it all myself....

I've been participating in practically all the threads identified in this sticky, and i've been defending the Jewish side...

It's actually getting pretty tiring, what with most people arguing against or challenging my side...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now in these threads a lot of good discussion DOES get accomplished, interesting debates also. However some of the titles i'm betting is sparking most of this controversy....

I mean titles like "How the Jew took over America" C'mon........

When people are viewing the general forum board all they see is that title constantly popping up as the last posted thread in this section..... The discussion in that thread might have good content, and not be racist or arrogant in any way, but people are going to jump to conclusions when they see the title...

It's also a little weird that so much attention is being placed on specifically "Jewish stuff" in the face of all politics that exists in the world.........Let's have some variety in this section!

I'm betting everyone here has some kind of pre-conceived view when it comes to religion, and I doubt anybody is gonna convert as a result of words on a forum, so there really isn't any need to try so hard....

Let's also have some conscientous thought being put in the titles of threads....

Rude titles bring about rude threads, and rude reactions from others....

Comment

Mgenevs the only fool to make an anti-semite thread - "How the J.ew took over America". That being said the other topics have nothing to do with anti-semitism, just anti-zionism which is just a movement. The only person that gets emotional in those threads is Drunk Monkey being a zionist and all.
                        This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
                        Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
                        Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
                        And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!
                        - Fort Minor

Comment

^ Stupid insult thrown for no reason. When does drunk monkey get angry or emotional? The guy is level headed and a good debator, unlike most of this forum.

Comment

/\ I wasn't insulting Drunk Monkey. I was saying that he does sometimes get emotional in anti-zionism/israel threads when he brings up anti-semitism into it. Cos he probably thinks that people are attacking the J.ewish people as a whole when they make these threads.
                            This is ten percent luck, twenty percent skill
                            Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
                            Five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain
                            And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!
                            - Fort Minor

Comment

Originally posted by Socrates
                              /\ I wasn't insulting Drunk Monkey. I was saying that he does sometimes get emotional in anti-zionism/israel threads when he brings up anti-semitism into it. Cos he probably thinks that people are attacking the J.ewish people as a whole when they make these threads.
                              From my experience on this board, people usually corner themselves with the whole anti-semitism issue.....

They complain how they get anonymous negative reps, or something else along those lines and consequently outline how they have anti-Zionist attitudes, and not anti-semitic attitudes....

Now anti-Zionism versus anti-Semitism is a fine line that many individuals on this board walk, I ain't some sensitive activist who's quick to label someone an anti-semite....

However when the majority of opinions, issues and subjects relating to Zionists and consequently Jews are discussed on this board, the majority look upon them with suspicion, and often scorn...Some look upon them as heathens (i.e. Mgenev)...

^^ Obviously these people aren't pro-semitic, so yes sometimes I get bothered with such ignorance...

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Zavylon, Today, 04:07 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post OlmanGrand  
                              Started by Nancystarkman, Today, 03:44 AM
                              0 responses