Rush Limbaugh, Nov. 3, 1988

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rush Limbaugh, Nov. 3, 1988

And now the liberals want to stop President Reagan from selling chemical warfare agents and military equipment to Saddam Hussein, and why? Because Saddam 'allegedly' gassed a few Kurds in his own country. Mark my words. All of this talk of Saddam Hussein being a 'war criminal' or 'committing crimes against humanity' is the same old thing. LIBERAL HATE SPEECH! And speaking of poison gas ...I SAY WE ROUND UP ALL THE DRUG ADDICTS AND GAS THEM."

-Rush Limbaugh, Nov. 3, 1988
    does speedrunnerX know about this?
    the last vet.before everyone got vetted
    Originally posted by MarshallArts
    Who's got you quoted in their sigs? Are they as equally worthy as those that have sigged me? I just can't imagine it.

"I'm sick of answering this [expletive] question,". "I'm a Republican only as far as I want a smaller government, I want less government intrusion. I want them to stop [expletive] on my money and your money and tax dollars that we give 50 percent of... every year. I want them to be fiscally responsible and I want these [expletive] lobbyists out of Washington. Do that and I'll say I'm a Republican... I hate the government, OK? I'm a-political. Write that down. I'm not a Republican."
    -Bruce Willis
    the last vet.before everyone got vetted
    Originally posted by MarshallArts
    Who's got you quoted in their sigs? Are they as equally worthy as those that have sigged me? I just can't imagine it.

Comment

Originally posted by reservoirGod
      Priceless!
      "Nationalism is an infantile sickness. It is the measles of the human race."

-Albert Einstein

Comment

lmao, what a fucking tool, Republican pundits should be executed or at the very least banned from life.
        Originally posted by ethan20
        There's a correlation between cervixal cancer in women and un-circumsized penises. Not to mention it almost cuts your bacteria count on the penis in half.
        Ethan sure does know alot about dicks

Comment

Originally posted by kEgBeGgEr
          lmao, what a fucking tool, Republican pundits should be executed or at the very least banned from life.
          hey congratulations, the man in your avatar was one of hitler's lapdogs, as was the majority of India in the early 40's.
          ------------------------------------------
          I don't have a problem with gays, in fact I wouldn't mind sharing a room with one

Comment

^^ Give me proof Subhash Bose was one of Hitler's lapdogs.
            Originally posted by ethan20
            There's a correlation between cervixal cancer in women and un-circumsized penises. Not to mention it almost cuts your bacteria count on the penis in half.
            Ethan sure does know alot about dicks

Comment

^^ Give me proof Subhash Bose was one of Hitler's lapdogs.
              In Germany

Having escaped incarceration at home by assuming the guise of a Pathan insurance agent ("Ziaudddin") to reach Afghanistan, Bose travelled to Moscow on the passport of an Italian nobleman "Count Orlando Mazzotta". From Moscow, he reached Rome, and from there he traveled to Germany, where he instituted the Special Bureau for India under Adam von Trott zu Solz, broadcasting on the German-sponsored Azad Hind Radio. He founded the Free India Centre in Berlin, and created the Indian Legion (consisting of some 4500 soldiers) out of Indian prisoners of war who had previously fought for the British in North Africa prior to their capture by Axis forces. The Indian Legion was attached to the Wehrmacht, and they swore their allegiance to both Hitler and Bose to secure India's independence. At a time, when no one in Germany dared criticise Hitler, Bose was openly critical of Hitler's treatment of Jews, the destruction of democratic institutions in Germany and the Nazi invasion of the Soviet Union. He was also, however, prepared to envisage an invasion of India via the U.S.S.R. by Nazi troops, spearheaded by the Azad Hind Legion; many have questioned his judgment here, as it seems unlikely that the Germans could have been easily persuaded to leave after such an invasion, which would also have resulted in an Axis victory in the War.[1]

His alliance with the Axis continues to be controversial for many. The generally accepted view in India is that he was a hero because of his forceful stance against British rule in India and, because of the importance of the protests over the prosecution of Indian National Army prisoners in 1945-6 ithat went on to accelerate Indian independence. In Britain and amongst some Indians his alliance with Hitler and the Japanese is seen as deeply compromising, and as casting doubts on his committment to democracy. In working with the Japanese he was also forced to fight against the substantial section of his own countrymen who defended India within the British Indian Army against the INA & Japanese forces.

So he believed Hitler should pay nice jews, wow that totally nullifies him swearing military allegiance to him.

faggot
              Last edited by ethan20; 04-18-2006, 06:22 PM.
              ------------------------------------------
              I don't have a problem with gays, in fact I wouldn't mind sharing a room with one

Comment

You know, I'm actually cheering for Limbaugh's obesity to catch up with him. Come on God, knock him off with a heart attack ,or give him a stroke that destorys his vocal functions.
                http://www.snopes.com/rumors/images/coup.jpg

Comment

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/limbaugh2.asp

Claim: Talk show host Rush Limbaugh's 3 November 1988 broadcast included a statement approving the selling of chemical warfare agents to Saddam Hussein and the gassing of drug addicts.

Origins: A time-honored method of discrediting one's political opponents is to put words in their mouths ? to make it appear they once said something which now paints them as foolish, hypocritical, or just plain wrong. In that vein comes the current item, a quote that supposedly doubly tags conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh as a hypocrite: first for justifying the sale of chemical warfare agents (i.e., "weapons of mass destruction") to Saddam Hussein and then supporting the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq to rid that country of such weapons, and second for suggesting that drug addicts should be dealt with harshly and then admitting his own addiction to prescription pain medication.

Whatever opinions Mr. Limbaugh may have expressed on his radio program over the years regarding arms sales to Saddam Hussein and the social issue of drug addiction, the item cited at the head of this page is not a genuine transcript of something broadcast on his show on 3 November 1988. It's actually a lampooning taken from the comic strip The Boondocks.

Boondocks creator Aaron McGruder often employs the device of running "Classic Boondocks" strips, which are supposedly past examples of his work dug out of the archives and offered up to his audience once again. The gimmick is that "Classic Boondocks" aren't really older versions of Boondocks strips being run for a second time ? they're freshly-created material backdated and presented as strips from years gone by as a method of drawing attention to and commenting upon current political issues. Thus the 1 August 2004 version of the strip purports to be a re-run of a strip "originally printed November 3, 1988" in which the Huey character listens to a radio broadcast by "some guy named Rush Limbaugh," who speaks the words quoted at the head of this page.

Although the political intent of the 1 August 2004 Boondocks strip was clear, the context that it was not really a repeat of a strip from 3 November 1988 and did not report something Rush Limbaugh actually said over the airwaves on that date went missing in action, and the text of the strip has since been passed around the Internet as if it were a genuine transcript of a portion of a 1988 Rush Limbaugh broadcast.

Last updated: 9 November 2004

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/limbaugh2.asp

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by pdumbgukogqw, Today, 02:18 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes