HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Peak Oil real? I think I'm flip flopping.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Peak Oil real? I think I'm flip flopping.....

let me just say that its hard to do independent research on all this shit while going to school and working. but im drawn to it.

anyway, I think the concept of Peak Oil is real. but i've came across some other stuff that may debunk the Peak Oil "crisis." if anybody watches vids on google, you'll know that Freedom to Fascism recently touched # 1 for about a day and is still currently in the top 20 amongst all these other stupid ass videos. somebody recommended that I youtube "Lindsey Williams" so i came across his shit and it kind of laid down another perspective to contemplate....

Lindsey Williams - The Energy Non-Crisis
    PART 1
    PART 2
    PART 3
    PART 4
    PART 5
    PART 6
    PART 7
    PART 8

this is pure speculative, at least from my vantage point, because he is basically talking about stuff that may be impossible to reaserch since he readily admits its all a secret and he knows this because he was in on it.

but the summarized "theories" after watching it all is that...
    1) we discovered the largest oil field in North America in Alaska but will not bring that oil to market so that prices will stay high
    2) Iran has set a date to flood the world with cheap oil and trade it in Euros and the US has to hurry up and do another "iraq" on them before it happens
    3) The standard of living in America will fall dramatically because gas prices will go up to 5+ dollars a gallon as a way for the American people to pay off our debt (or something like that?)
    4)True wealth is not dollars, gold, or any kind of precious metals. Its oil. Oil is the only thing that touches every single human being on the planet

so uh, what do you think?

WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET

WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET WWW.LIFEAFTERTHEOILCRASH.NET

I think there's a good probabilty that oil will go to 100-150 USD in the next several years. Several of the factors, in my opinion, are:

- there weren't many (any?) major oil fields discovered in the last 30 or so years

- the easy and cheap to extract oil is almost exhausted in most of the wells

- we have growing supply/demand pressures with Asia's economies booming [for example China has 24 cars per 1000 citizens, while the US has 765 cars per 1000 (2002 data)]

- war, terrorism

In the long run, I believe oil will play a lesser role and will be substituted with more efficient energy sources. I don't envision any doomsday oil scenarios, however I think in the short- and mid-term it will go up a lot.

Personally, I'm well invested in the stuff.
    Last edited by TheStooge; 02-02-2007, 04:31 AM.

Comment

^Hehe, good call.

I don't think we're running out of oil. We're running out of the easy and extremely accessible oil reserves though. The stuff that's so close to the surface that some of it does not need to be pumped, it comes off due to internal pressures. So we're depleting the cheap oil.

Anyway in 30-50 years oil will be obsolete and replaced in my opinion, so I don't worry about Peak Oil.

Comment

I personally believe oil is just a tool and there is technology that can provide free energy which is being suppressed.

Scarcity = Dependence = Control

Abundance = Choice = Freedom

Comment

Oil is a finite resource, that said, commonsense dictates that at some point we will run out of it. However, I to don't believe in the doomsday scenario's. Market forces and necessity will force us to speed up our exploration into alternative energy sources.
          "Nationalism is an infantile sickness. It is the measles of the human race."

-Albert Einstein

Comment

Funny. You'll remember me getting ridiculed for saying it was fake over a year ago

Comment

oil is unlimited im suprised they arent saying theres a water peak
              FUCK YOU BITCH!!!! YEA YOU

Comment

^true fresh water is becoming much more scarce than oil... good thing i live near the great lakes.
                I think it should be done to you
                Kill furriers, rip off their heads
                Grate their skin, eat their flesh
                Break into a scientists lab
                Vivisect the fucker, stab em to death

Comment

its hard to tell.....but maybe one side is just arguing the other for fucks sake and maybe it is real....just like the global warming argument...it took ppl for ever to decide that it was coming from humans just because there was a small minority of powerfull people with their own interests at hand disputing it.

so u never know
                  Think, Act, Make & Spend Money Like A True Business Individual A.K.A. A Baller.

Business To Bling - The Realest Blog On Creating Wealth

Gold Plated Executive Gifts

Comment

If oil were infinite and limitless, the great powers of the world would have absolutely no interest in the Middle East. You simply have to look at Iraq, the current propoganda build-up against Iran, the relationship with one of, if not the most oppressive regimes in the world, that being the House of Saud to know that it is a stretched resource. The only question is how stretched.
                    "Nationalism is an infantile sickness. It is the measles of the human race."

-Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Leatha Face View Post
                      ^true fresh water is becoming much more scarce than oil... good thing i live near the great lakes.
                      lol repped
                      FUCK YOU BITCH!!!! YEA YOU

Comment

Originally posted by Tricia View Post
                        If oil were infinite and limitless, the great powers of the world would have absolutely no interest in the Middle East.
                        Whether or not oil is finite or infinite does not change the reason for Western control of the Middle East. The objectives of destroying Iraq, propping up the Saudis, puppet rulers in Kuwait, etc. are to control the oil-fields and to increase super-profits.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by bsdfiswew, Today, 08:40 AM
                        0 responses
                        1 view
                        0 likes
                        Last Post bsdfiswew  
                        Started by basketballeven, 12-27-2020, 02:38 AM