Rape Only Hurts If You Fight It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rape Only Hurts If You Fight It

This article was published my an Opinion Editor for the The Recorder, A school newspaper at Central Connecticut State University.

http://clubs.ccsu.edu/recorder/currentissue.pdf

Rape Only Hurts If You Fight It
    By John Petroski

Most people today would claim that rape is a terrible crime almost akin to murder, but I strongly disagree. Far from a vile act, rape is a magical experience that benifits society as a whole. I realize many of you will disagree with this thesis, but lend me your ears and I'm sure I'll sway you towards a darkened alley.

If it weren't for rape, Western Civilization might not exist as we know it today. When the Romans were faced with a disproportionate ratio of women to men in the early kingdom, they had to do something, lest their flidgling society die for lack of sons. To solvetheir little dilemma, they did what any reasonable man would do: they threw a festival for their little dilemma, they threw a festival for their Sabine neighbors, and then stole and raped their women. It's quite logical; in fact I don't understand why the settlers at Plymoth didn't do the same to the local Indians--it certainly would have saved on shipping costs.

Obviously, in the case of the Rape of the Sabines, rape was a tremendous help to society. The Sabine women, for their part, didn't seem to mind so much, as they threw themselves between their brutish old Sabine husbands and their charming new Roman ones to prevent bloodshed when the Sabine men came to relaim their wives. Yet even when society was totally against a rape, the raunchy act has benifited society too. Where would the Romans be, after all, if it weren't for the Rape of the Lucretia infuriating the people to the point of overthrowing their last king, Lucius Tarpuinius Superbus? If it weren't for that event, the world might have never had the Roman Republic for a pristine example of a flawless government.

Rapes glorious advantages are not, however, exclusively found from 2,000 year old examples. In actuality rape advantages can very much be seen today. Take ugly women for example. If it wern't for rape, how would they ever know the joys of intercourse with a man who isn't drunk. In a society as plastic-conscious as our own we are really to believe that some man would ever sleep with a girl resembling a wildebeest if he didn't have a few schnapps in him? Of course he wouldn't--atleast no self-respecting man would--but there in lies the beauty of rape. No self respecting man would rape in the first place, so ugly women are guarenteed a romp with not only a sober man, but a bad boy too; and we all know how much ladies like the bad boy.

Ugly women are not, however, the only people who benifit from rape--prisoners enjoy as many perks too. What, after all, could be possibly be more boring than spending years of your life confined to some tiny cell 23 hours a day? Then answer, of course, is spending years of your life confined to some tiny cell 23 hours a day and never getting some hot action. With rape, prisoners never have to worry about that. Instead, they merely need worry about treating their rapist with enough love and respect to earn a quick reach-around.

But if there is one bread and butter reason for why rape should not only be accepted, but even endorsed, it is because our news editors are in dire need of interesting stories for our front page. Bookstore stories? Fossils? One dollar coins? Please. Now, some saucy circle-jerk rape action? Yeah, that's the ticket.
    Last edited by -Sil-; 02-08-2007, 10:53 PM.
    Clean Since: 12.10.08

Isn't endorsing rape an oxymoron?
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by dropout View Post
      Isn't endorsing rape an oxymoron?
      Not according to the definition of an oxymoron?

Lol this kid is so fucked up in the head, but I think it's hilarious that you can argue anything from both sides.
      Clean Since: 12.10.08

Comment

what a dumb shit, its ok to rape cause it was beneficial to the beginning of western society? thats like saying slavery is a good thing cause it built up america. what a douchebag.
        I think it should be done to you
        Kill furriers, rip off their heads
        Grate their skin, eat their flesh
        Break into a scientists lab
        Vivisect the fucker, stab em to death

Comment

well that was disturbing
          Originally posted by FunkySuicideGirl
          Ima sucker when some suck my lip or bite in it
          Originally posted by Syko Squidge
          ^
          fuck off you gay piece of cunt
          Originally posted by Otto
          That shit is fuck,

Comment

lol he was fuckin joking
            "Heavenly father i'm a soldier!, i'm gettin' hotter cuz the worlds gettin colder.-2PAC
            Rest. In. Peace. Bitch. I dash every last one of you haters with hot grease bitch - Chalie Boy

Comment

Yeah I hardly think anyone in their right mind would write that to be serious
              Nothing is true, everything is permitted

Comment

i'm not even going to read the article, john pertoski i hope you die and burn in hell.
                THE COUNSEL MEMBERS-MEADOWS KILLAS ,shindoa, danny, V4D3R, omega, Aktivity, desolated havok, Nitetrain, Latin Quarta, WarrenGurl, YeeLa
                we takin ova'

Comment

"In all these situations, there was not enough violence against them to take it beyond the category of 'sex'; they were not coerced enough." (Explaining the difference between things called rape and not rape.)

(Catharine MacKinnon, Feminism Unmodified (Cambridge, MA: 1987), p. 88)

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by bsdfiswew, Today, 08:40 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post bsdfiswew  
                  Started by basketballeven, 12-27-2020, 02:38 AM