Operation "Total Failure" Exploits Mindless Patriotism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation "Total Failure" Exploits Mindless Patriotism

....The last several days in Iraq have seen a spiraling of violence and horror that has taken many Americans by surprise, mostly because those Americans have been relying on the Bush administration for the straight dope. The images of butchered Americans were bad enough, but the sudden explosion of violence from the Shi'ite community in Iraq has unnerved the America people in a way we have not seen since the Tet Offensive. Fighting raged in Baghdad, Najaf, Nasiriyah and Amarah as supporters of Shi'ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr simultaneously threw themselves at American forces. Many American soldiers have been killed, and scores of Iraqis have also died.

How is this possible? Didn't Don Rumsfeld and the Bush administration people say the Iraqis would welcome us with open arms as liberators? How did our involvement in Iraq come to look suspiciously like the eternal spiral of bloodletting that takes place between Israel and the Palestinians? Again, the surprise comes because the American people have been relying on the Bush administration for the truth, an act of faith that has been proven time and again to be a very bad idea.

The population of Iraq is divided into three groups: The Shi'ites (60% of the population), the Sunnis (23% of the population), and the Kurds (17% of the population). Saddam Hussein was a Sunni, and his Ba'ath Party was dominated by Sunnis. During his rule, this minority group dominated the country and oppressed the Shi'ites. The Kurds in the north waged their own separate battle for an independent nation, clashing with Turkey as often as they did with Hussein.

When Bush came in promising democracy to Iraq, the Shi'ites rejoiced because they are the majority, and the basic one-person-one-vote principle of democracy pretty much guaranteed that they would get to run the country. Unfortunately for them, the Bush people never actually intended for democracy to take root in Iraq, because they knew the Shi'ites would use democracy to elect a fundamentalist regime with ideological ties to Iran and then throw democracy out the back door. For a time, the Shi'ites were willing to cooperate with the American occupiers because they thought democracy was coming. Shi'ite Ayatollah Sistani counseled patience to his people, but that patience has ended. The Shi'ite people are now listening to Muqtada al-Sadr and killing as many Americans as they can find.

The words 'total failure' do not capture the enormity of this American action in Iraq during the last year. Why do we stay? Why would we stay?
    This, in the end, is the ultimate failure of George W. Bush and his people. There were no terrorists in Iraq before the invasion, but they are there now. There was no open warfare between the religious factions in Iraq before the invasion, but now blood runs in the streets.....
    Source: http://www.guerrillanews.com/human_rights/doc4247.html

......Joseph Wilson, the former ambassador and career diplomat who received lavish praise from the first President Bush for his work in Iraq before the first Gulf War. Wilson was the man dispatched in February 2002 to Niger to see if charges that Iraq was seeking uranium from that nation to make nuclear bombs had any merit. He investigated, returned, and informed the CIA, the State Department, the office of the National Security Advisor and the office of Vice President Cheney that the charges were without merit. Eleven months later, George W. Bush used the Niger uranium claim in his State of the Union address to scare the cheese out of everyone, despite the fact that the claim had been irrefutably debunked. Wilson went public, exposing this central bit of evidence to support the Iraq invasion as the lie it was. A few days later, Wilson's wife came under attack from the White House, whose agents used press proxies to destroy her career in the CIA as a warning to Wilson and anyone else who might come forward. For the record, Wilson's wife was a deep-cover agent running a network which worked to keep weapons of mass destruction out of the hands of terrorists. The irony is palpable.....

....."There are a hundred or more people wandering around Washington today," wrote Thompson, "who have heard the 'real stuff,' as they put it - and despite their professional caution when the obvious question arises, there is one reaction they all feel free to agree on: that nobody who felt shocked, depressed or angry after reading the edited White House transcripts should ever be allowed to hear the actual tapes, except under heavy sedation or locked in the trunk of a car. Only a terminal cynic, they say, can listen for any length of time to the real stuff without feeling a compulsion to do something like drive down to the White House and throw a bag of live rats over the fence"....
    Source: http://www.guerrillanews.com/war_on_...m/doc4205.html
    Would you let the system sit (shit) down on your head again? NO, DREAD, NO.
    Would you let the system
    make you kill your brother man? NO, DREAD, NO

uppin

Comment

Good read, thanks for the article
      I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas...

Comment

Great post Rainstorm.

Sadr has pulled back in Najaf but that is just so he can regroup and start an uprising in another city later on.....I was watching some general talking about it on CSPAN and he said that the US was badly defeated in Najaf and that the Sadr miltia are reorganizing and looking at the Najaf battle as an all out victory.

Too bad a democracy in Iraq would be more anti-American than Saddam's dictatorship....not to mention the enormous rise in alqaida across the Middle East and the continuing anti-American sediment that continues to spread amongst the people....Vote Bush and get ready to go into Iran...and to all the youngens...get ready for China....

Vote Kerry and continue to fight for your rights and maybe the human species has a chance at survival....maybe.

And also speaking of DC....check out the poll numbers....it is something like 90% Kerry...I'll try and find a link.

Comment

Some people just don't understand the concept of the vacuum that would be created if U.S. forces instantly pulled out of Iraq. If they pulled out right now, they'd be accused of leaving the Iraqi's out to dry, if they stay, they get accused of "opression". Give me a break, all you Commie type Anti-Americans will sit here and say the U.S. is the bad guy no matter what they do.

This article says there wasn't any terrorists in Iraq before Saddam? Does this writer of this article live under a rock? Or maybe one dropped on his head.

Has Iraq sponsored terrorism?
          Yes. Saddam Hussein’s dictatorship provided headquarters, operating bases, training camps, and other support to terrorist groups fighting the governments of neighboring Turkey and Iran, as well as to hard-line Palestinian groups. During the 1991 Gulf War, Saddam commissioned several failed terrorist attacks on U.S. facilities. The State Department lists Iraq as a state sponsor of terrorism. The question of Iraq’s link to terrorism grew more urgent with Saddam’s suspected determination to develop weapons of mass destruction, which Bush administration officials feared he might share with terrorists who could launch devastating attacks against the United States.
          I think this thread should have been titled
          Operation "bogus article" exploits mindless conspiracy theorists.
          http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

“if somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him” (Bukhari, vol. 4, bk. 52, no. 260).

Comment

Originally posted by Triumph
            Some people just don't understand the concept of the vacuum that would be created if U.S. forces instantly pulled out of Iraq. If they pulled out right now, they'd be accused of leaving the Iraqi's out to dry, if they stay, they get accused of "opression".
            I agree that we shouldn't pull out immediately but we do need to make a major change in strategy because what we're doing now isn't working.
            Give me a break, all you Commie type Anti-Americans will sit here and say the U.S. is the bad guy no matter what they do.
            "Commie type Anti-Americans"

Do you have any idea how ignorant that sounds?

Now about the quote, where is the source?

Nevermind, I found it....
            Council On Foreign Relations<----------What a joke! No wonder you left it out.

Do I even need to dissect it?
            "When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny."
            --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

oops, forgot to post it, whats the joke though, its as credible as any of the shit you guess throw around here all day.
              http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

“if somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him” (Bukhari, vol. 4, bk. 52, no. 260).

Comment

oops, forgot to post it, whats the joke though, its as credible as any of the shit you guess throw around here all day.
                I post "shit" from news agencies and investigative journalists.

You posted "shit" from the CFR! That's worse than if it came directly from the administration.

http://www.disinfopedia.org/wiki.pht...eign_Relations

Here is an article by the CFR from 1997 entitled Differentiated Containment. It was written by Zbigniew Brzezinski.
                Originally posted by the Council On Foreign Relations
                "The Persian Gulf is one of the few regions whose importance to the United States is obvious. The flow of Gulf oil will continue to be crucial to the economic well-being of the industrialized world for the foreseeable future..."
                "Iraq poses a clear and relatively simple immediate threat"
                Now check out Brzezinski's book from the same year....
                http://www.d12world.com/board/showpo...1&postcount=33

Here is an article by Mike Ruppert about Brzezinski and the CFR...
                http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/zbig.html
                Originally posted by From The Wilderness Publications
                "The current Central Asian war is not a response to terrorism, nor is it a reaction to Islamic fundamentalism. It is in fact, in the words of one of the most powerful men on the planet, the beginning of a final conflict before total world domination by the United States leads to the dissolution of all national governments. This, says Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) member and former Carter National Security Advisor, Zbigniew Brzezinski, will lead to nation states being incorporated into a new world order, controlled solely by economic interests as dictated by banks, corporations and ruling elites concerned with the maintenance (by manipulation and war) of their power."
                In the words of Dr. Johannes B. Koeppl, Ph.D. a former German defense ministry official and advisor to former NATO Secretary General Manfred Werner....

"The interests behind the Bush Administration, such as the CFR, The Trilateral Commission - founded by Brzezinski for David Rockefeller - and the Bilderberger Group, have prepared for and are now moving to implement open world dictatorship within the next five years. They are not fighting against terrorists. They are fighting against citizens."

Here is an article by PNAC/CFR member Thomas Donnelly that makes me sick every time I read it...
                http://www.foreignaffairs.org/200207...al-manual.html

"To be sure, it is still inflammatory to speak openly of empire -- hence the prevalence of euphemisms such as hegemony, preeminence, primacy, sole superpower, or, a la the French, hyperpuissance."
                "He [George Bush] sees adherence to these (American) principles as a "non-negotiable demand" that forms the "greater objective" of the war. The Bush Doctrine is thus an expression of the president's decision to preserve and extend Pax Americana throughout the Middle East and beyond."
                You ain't seen nothing yet...
                "Small wars and constabulary missions, however, are as American as apple pie and have been a large part of U.S. security strategy for centuries. Max Boot's The Savage Wars of Peace makes it possible to revisit that past "imperial" tradition and mine it for lessons that might improve the management of today's global order."
                IMPERIALISM IS AS AMERICAN AS APPLE PIE?!?!?

Excuse me while I throw up.
                Last edited by PassItOn; 09-05-2004, 07:14 PM.
                "When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny."
                --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

^lol.. hahahahha
                  Originally posted by ethan20
                  There's a correlation between cervixal cancer in women and un-circumsized penises. Not to mention it almost cuts your bacteria count on the penis in half.
                  Originally posted by reservoirGod
                  Ethan sure does know alot about dicks

Comment

rainstorm, u a pussy, DL AIM and debate wit my homie Stereo, I'm kliberal too, i just think u afraid

Comment

Originally posted by role model
                      rainstorm, u a pussy, DL AIM and debate wit my homie Stereo, I'm kliberal too, i just think u afraid
                      Yeah, you got me there. I'm afraid of StereoType's mental superiority, or, a la french, hyperpuissance........
                      Would you let the system sit (shit) down on your head again? NO, DREAD, NO.
                      Would you let the system
                      make you kill your brother man? NO, DREAD, NO

Comment

Originally posted by Rainstorm
                        Yeah, you got me there. I'm afraid of StereoType's mental superiority, or, a la french, hyperpuissance........
                        Hahaha....that's some funny shit.
                        --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by PassItOn
                          Hahaha....that's some funny shit.
                          ^get off the guy's dick, jesus christ! Now rainstorm quit talkin shit and bring it

Comment

Originally posted by role model
                            ^get off the guy's dick, jesus christ! Now rainstorm quit talkin shit and bring it
                            Chill. Rainstorm made a reference to something I had posted and I thought it was funny. Sorry.

Why are you so eager to see this debate? And why is Instant Messenger better than this forum?
                            --Thomas Jefferson

Comment

cuz, AIM you dont have time to write your little paragraphs and post ya little news stories all that shit, plus they got no groupies like they do here

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jeruheuiex, Today, 11:41 PM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jeruheuiex  
                              Started by basketballeven, 02-25-2021, 06:02 AM