do you believe in god ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you believe in god ?

I have reached a point where I am questioning religion and god ? What are your opinions ?

In my opinion, I don't believe there is a god / hell / heaven. If you believe in god, surely you can't mock scientology, zombies, vampires etc. without being an arrogant douche

Whenever you ask someone about why God does something, you will hear it's "Gods will" .. that's the sort of explanation that was accepted when cancer or earthquakes couldn't be explained .. it's complete bullshit

Science has shown there is no god , there are universes out there, does 1 god control it all ? or does each god get a universe ?
    How many times has god been spotte in satellites, by nasa, even by airplanes ?

EVOLUTION ethers most arguments yet people will still try and argue that

you even get murderers thinking god will help them out

If there is a hell , is it personal hell ? does everyone get their own little room of their own hell ? Because you can't bhave 1 big hell as one persons hell is another mans heaven

but the fact is

religions tell us that god wants us to live good lives, look out for one another, behave, not murder, not rape, not steal , not molest ..

Yet he allows murderers. rapists, paedos etc. live free .. sometimes at the expense of good honest folk

This "God" causes earthquakes apparently, so he kills thousands of good people every year, many of whom have struggled through life but had good morals, yet evil folk are still allowed to live the good life.

ask the people of haiti , sri lanka , new orleans , china etc where god was when they were struck with disaster

Then the roman catholics have asked people to pray for the paedo preists, why does god let his employees torment, molest and rape people for decades .. before he tells us what to do, they should sort out their own house first .. where was he then ? He allowed his employees to molest children for years and did nothing.

The vatican said a few weeks ago that women preists were doing more harm than the paedo's they have !

Then you have Jesus, what father would let his son die ? Surely it would have been a better message to let him live if he lived a good life and spread your word ? .. Don't even get me started on Mary being pregnant, that makes no sense, can you imagine somene using that reason now !!

The Bible is a book written by men , it's not like God wrote it and was signing it at waterstones

Then you get a religion like Islam, which degrades women , and can be misinterpreted as extremism. I dont know enough about other religions to talk about them properly.

Will it end up being a war, if you picked the wrong religion you go to "hell"??

Why would you wanna jam with a man who doesn't practice what he preaches ?

At least he Devil knows he is evil , where as God is just dillusional

Opinions ??
    Buddhism is the shiiiiittttt

When Buddha can't help, I ask , What would BARNEY STINSON do ?

"When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story."

Yes, his love shone down on me and I was granted vet status.

Comment

I think the only plausible way to believe in God is by believing God and the universe are the same thing... Life is merely the universe experiencing itself and we're all fragments of a single consciousness... Afterall DNA can store the most amount of information than any information format and if you take evolution into account we all share a common ancestor...

I think some of the moral principles of religion, like some teachings of Jesus and other select verses can be used to benefit mankind but taking it as literal interpretation in this day and age is definately stretching it, I don't even consider it an argument anymore given we know people in those times explained things in different ways to us, we really have no idea what it is these writings really mean half the time.
      Nothing is true, everything is permitted

Comment

Regarding the "why does God let evil exist?" argument... how would you feel if your parents were forcing you to do what they thought was right and you never had a chance to make a decision on your own? I don't see why The Father of all fathers should be interfering with his children to the point that they no longer have a will of their own. It's up to us to create this Kingdom of Heaven that He had already laid the blueprints for long ago.

And I wouldn't allow science to mess with your belief system. They may be right about certain aspects of the world... but scientists have a long history of being wrong, life/society changing decisions shouldn't be made off of what scientists currently believe to be true because, who knows, in 100 years they may be proven wrong by a new theory. There's a certain level of arrogance within the modern scientific movements that I distrust because they went from an objective search for the truth to a money-chasing agenda where dissident scientist's reputations are ruined for opposing the majority paradigm.

As far as earthquakes... people choose to live on these fault lines and build big cities on the edge of ocean because they like the weather and view. And they move their mobile homes into "Tornado Valley"... sometimes people need to take responsibility for their own choices. It doesn't help that greedy people own all the good land either and force people to overpay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by D_Bokk View Post
          Regarding the "why does God let evil exist?" argument... how would you feel if your parents were forcing you to do what they thought was right and you never had a chance to make a decision on your own? I don't see why The Father of all fathers should be interfering with his children to the point that they no longer have a will of their own. It's up to us to create this Kingdom of Heaven that He had already laid the blueprints for long ago.
          And I wouldn't allow science to mess with your belief system. They may be right about certain aspects of the world... but scientists have a long history of being wrong, life/society changing decisions shouldn't be made off of what scientists currently believe to be true because, who knows, in 100 years they may be proven wrong by a new theory. There's a certain level of arrogance within the modern scientific movements that I distrust because they went from an objective search for the truth to a money-chasing agenda where dissident scientist's reputations are ruined for opposing the majority paradigm.
          As far as earthquakes... people choose to live on these fault lines and build big cities on the edge of ocean because they like the weather and view. And they move their mobile homes into "Tornado Valley"... sometimes people need to take responsibility for their own choices. It doesn't help that greedy people own all the good land either and force people to overpay for it.

^ Dude, I'm sorry, but did you just capitalize the phrase "Kingdom of Heaven?"

Comment

This thread isn't gonna end well but yes i believe in god and i'm not in the mood to debate so i'll leave it at that.

Comment

No.
              Originally posted by iSquidgey
              but if theyre hot they automatically make good music

Comment

Originally posted by ASK JEEVz View Post
                I have reached a point where I am questioning religion and god ? What are your opinions ?
                In my opinion, I don't believe there is a god / hell / heaven. If you believe in god, surely you can't mock scientology, zombies, vampires etc. without being an arrogant douche
                Whenever you ask someone about why God does something, you will hear it's "Gods will" .. that's the sort of explanation that was accepted when cancer or earthquakes couldn't be explained .. it's complete bullshit
                Science has shown there is no god , there are universes out there, does 1 god control it all ? or does each god get a universe ?
                How many times has god been spotte in satellites, by nasa, even by airplanes ?
                EVOLUTION ethers most arguments yet people will still try and argue that
                you even get murderers thinking god will help them out
                If there is a hell , is it personal hell ? does everyone get their own little room of their own hell ? Because you can't bhave 1 big hell as one persons hell is another mans heaven
                but the fact is
                religions tell us that god wants us to live good lives, look out for one another, behave, not murder, not rape, not steal , not molest ..
                Yet he allows murderers. rapists, paedos etc. live free .. sometimes at the expense of good honest folk
                This "God" causes earthquakes apparently, so he kills thousands of good people every year, many of whom have struggled through life but had good morals, yet evil folk are still allowed to live the good life.
                ask the people of haiti , sri lanka , new orleans , china etc where god was when they were struck with disaster
                Then the roman catholics have asked people to pray for the paedo preists, why does god let his employees torment, molest and rape people for decades .. before he tells us what to do, they should sort out their own house first .. where was he then ? He allowed his employees to molest children for years and did nothing.
                The vatican said a few weeks ago that women preists were doing more harm than the paedo's they have !
                Then you have Jesus, what father would let his son die ? Surely it would have been a better message to let him live if he lived a good life and spread your word ? .. Don't even get me started on Mary being pregnant, that makes no sense, can you imagine somene using that reason now !!
                The Bible is a book written by men , it's not like God wrote it and was signing it at waterstones
                Then you get a religion like Islam, which degrades women , and can be misinterpreted as extremism. I dont know enough about other religions to talk about them properly.
                Will it end up being a war, if you picked the wrong religion you go to "hell"??
                Why would you wanna jam with a man who doesn't practice what he preaches ?
                At least he Devil knows he is evil , where as God is just dillusional
                Opinions ??
                ^i've been thinking about these things a lot^

come to the conclusion that I believe in A God...but not God in the traditional sense...just more of a supernatural force...as you said, the bible is a book written by men and I believe all religion has nothing to do with the supernatural force mentioned...which explains why he doesn't punish people for doing wrong...he/it created us, so he/it also created our bad side and the idea of something being right or wrong is is an idea created by humans.

ehhh i don't know if i made any sense...its 3 am and i'm a lil tipsy

Comment

the thing is ..

we have like 96 percent same dna as monkeys, which shows mutations turned us into our current species

if you believe adam and eve, is it that god then gave them further friends so they could go double dating and incrase population .. or did adam and eve's children have babies with one another, and we get different races due to mutations ? .. this would mean we're all relateed and inbred !!

ive never seen religions mention dinosaurs !!
                  Buddhism is the shiiiiittttt

When Buddha can't help, I ask , What would BARNEY STINSON do ?

"When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story."

Comment

I don't believe in god, but i can't disprove its existence so i don't fully write it off. I don't believe anyone can ever tell you about god, well maybe squidge can; his vet status was probably either a miracle or a clear sign that god doesn't exist, depending on where you sit.
                    "I just dance the way I feel"

Comment

It's a short answer.. No.
                      You can get all the newly released music at ***********!

Comment

I believe.

Comment

Is that through the fear of going to hell or the fact that life can't be explained therefore had to be created by a being of higher intelligence?... Shut up with the metaphoric God mumbo jumbo.. We get it.. lifes a mystery!.. WHhooooooo...
                          Last edited by TheFeeder; 08-09-2010, 04:03 PM.
                          You can get all the newly released music at ***********!

Comment

I believe in God as much I believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
                            =W=
                            My other aliases:
                            On The Shelf
                            Masai
                            justp1ayin
                            TheMan

Comment

i have always believed in God, and my love and understanding increases as i ask questions .... i'm shown answers.

I believe in our creator.

I think that Gran Torino is a great example of good and bad, and the complexities of life.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by One_Mic_xxx, 03-24-2019, 08:36 PM
                              9 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post One_Mic_xxx  
                              Started by One_Mic_xxx, 01-10-2019, 10:00 PM
                              18 responses