I'm new....this is me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new....this is me.

^^ This is me and my boyfriend. October 22, 2005, at homecoming! Let me know whatcha think.

R.I.P: Proof
    1973-2006
    The good die young!
    You will be missed but never forgotten!

cant see shit really.... way too bright

but ur boyfriend looks like a linebacker... well u knoow what they say bout linebackers and intellegence
    i grip the heat so tight,
    my right hand feel like if i squeeze i make the whole clip ignite!

- Xzibit

Comment

how old are you? but yes your fine.

Comment

You're pretty.
        Welcome, Jen
        Last edited by Twizz; 04-28-2006, 02:12 PM.
        It's hard man, my life is scarred man
        I'm losin my mind so now it's time
        Sincerely signed,
        -N9ne-

Comment

I'm 15. I get that I look 16 or 17 sometimes. But thank's ya'l.

1973-2006
          The good die young!

Comment

Originally posted by SexyChica312
            I'm 15. I get that I look 16 or 17 sometimes. But thank's ya'l.

damn....

Comment

I'm only 15 but I truly don't act my age. I'm more mature. I've experinced alot and I've done some crazy shit. lol haha.

1973-2006
              The good die young!

Comment

Thats good... You should get msn3;-)3
                It's hard man, my life is scarred man
                I'm losin my mind so now it's time
                Sincerely signed,
                -N9ne-

Comment

nice pic

Comment

aww a cute pic, welcome to the board
                    R M Nixon

Turkish Talk, Music & More

Comment

The thought of someone who preys on small children for sexual satisfaction is not only utterly disgusting, but also absurd. The idea that we live in a society where people flatter themselves by picking up children is overwhelming. In “Defense against internet predators,” it states, “One in five American children or teenagers, both boys and girls, will receive a sexual solicitation from someone on the Internet this year” (18). Most people who seek this relationship with minors will use several means to do so. While in the past, sexual predators may have waited outside a school for their victims, today there are easier routes to take. With the internet being such a broad medium, it is easy for sexual predators to search for children. In the past, the predators would frequent chat rooms looking for desperate children they could lure in. With the introduction of websites that offer free browsing and the abilities for children to post personal information, sexual predators have found that those are easier to gain control. Something needs to be done to stop the advancement of these people. Punishments need to be established that will not only teach those who lure small children, but scare away those who are thinking about doing it. There are many reasons why someone may need to be punished for what they do in terms of sexual activity on the internet.
                      A sex offender is quite simply someone who is charged and convicted of a sexual offense. This term may also be attributed to those who have pled guilty to the charges brought against them, but have not been convicted. More notably are child sex offenders, who dedicate their time trying to seduce children. As technology has increased over the years, sex offenders have been able to use it to their advantage. Most of the time, online pedophiles will inhabit chat rooms in order to find their victims. Online pedophiles also have access to other types of websites, such as online journals, that can be used to track their prey. They usually establish common ground with their victims which will make the target feel comfortable with them and eventually give out vital information. Such information may include the name and location of the child, or eventually lead to orchestrating a place to meet off of the internet. There are several cases where undercover police officers will pose as children in order to attract them in. Dateline NBC did a show in which they would draw in online predators and have them meet the child at a house. Once the predator arrived to the house, they were confronted by the anchor covering the assignment. The anchor would then question the men as to why they were there. Most tried to deny their intent, while others attempted to run. The special showed how easily online predators set up meeting places with their victims. The fact that there were so many predators in just one area is proof that something needs to be done.
                      Punishments should be established in order to prevent online pedophiles from contacting their victims. Some predators will set up a meeting place for himself and the victim. It is here where he then takes control of the situation. Once a sexual predator has the child in his custody he is able to do whatever he wants with them. There are times when the child may feel that what they are doing is appropriate due to the lack of knowledge they possess. In “Social websites scrutinized,” it claims, “…officials are concerned that teens who use public websites to socialize and plan activities are oblivious to the presence of predators” (Kornblum) If a child sees that a photo of the stalkers resembles someone that is near their own age, they may be more likely to give out information about themselves, including their own photos. Predators are attracted to younger kids because they can be easily persuaded into believing things. In Harmful to Minors, the idea that kids are oblivious to what is taking place is refuted by declaring, “In young children, we regard curiosity as a virtue” (7) Kids may feel the desire to reach out to strangers even though they know they should not. Online pedophiles will often make false promises to their victim in order to appeal to them. For example, a pedophile will offer to do or buy something for a child in order to gain their trust. They may tell the child that they will provide something for them in order for something in return. Thus, the child is lured into believing there is a solid relationship between the two. Pedophiles will extend this further by possibly requesting sexual favors in return for what the predator does for the victim.
                      The predator’s main goal is to achieve the name and address of his or her victim. To establish this, the predator may present his own personal information to the child. Severe punishments for these people will prevent such occurrences from happening in the future. This instance is evident in the case of Brian Doyle, a Homeland Security advisor who had tried to lure a 14 year old girl to meet him. An article from CNN alleges, “Doyle knew that the ‘girl’ was 14 years old and he told her who he was and that he worked for the Department of Homeland Security.” Although Doyle was honest, most online pedophiles will lie to their victims in order to make the victim feel secure. They establish a trusting relationship with the victim and can eventually use that relationship to convince children to do certain things; such as sexual behavior. When someone with such a high position in America is capable of luring a child in, something obviously needs to be done. In Serial Offenders, Sharon Araji introduces a case in which a 43 year old man had sexual relations with a 14 year old boy. The idea of predators supplying information to attract children is reaffirmed by the fact that the 43 year old gained the trust of the boy and eventually influenced the meeting between them. Pedophiles will use various means in order to persuade children to take part in sexual activity.
                      With the introduction of a website by the name of MySpace, the two essential items a stalker may look for are present without the pedophile even initiating a conversation. It is imperative that sites like these become difficult for online pedophiles to access. The website is designed as a networking system that allows people to communicate through profiles. Originally used for musicians, MySpace has evolved into an online community that anyone can access. Under a profile, people may disclose any information they want about themselves which normally includes a name, city of residence, and if applicable, the school the child may attend. Pedophiles that are prevented from viewing these sites will be unable to access this information. Some parents are upset with the website and according to “Parents should play a role in monitoring sites such as MySpace,” the following is emphasized: “...Parents and school officials across the country want MySpace to be either heavily monitored…or, perhaps, shut down entirely because of the supposed opportunities it gives to pedophiles.” As of now, there is a precaution for younger users. Their profiles may be set to private, which means that you must be someone’s friend before you can view their profile. However, this setting can be turned off by the user if they wish. The idea that MySpace should be monitored is reinforced by an article entitled, “Student Blogs – Dear online diary…” In the article it states, “Many teen blogs include photos of the scantily-clad authors with invitations to rate their appearance” (10). By online predators having photos of their prey, they can easily match the appearance of someone in real life.
                      Now that it is known how and why sexual predators do what they do, it is time to figure out the proper punishments. Like all crimes, the type of punishment should depend greatly on how extreme the case is. If someone is merely having an indecent conversation with an underage person, their punishment will be less severe than someone who may lure a child to do sexual acts. There are numerous forms of punishments that sexual offenders should go through, and it is up to the courts to enforce them. Sexual predators greatly value the internet and privacy of their own home. By taking away the internet from sex offenders, the possibility that they attack again will be minimized. In order to ensure that sex offenders stay off the internet, they should be banned from cafés with internet capabilities and public libraries. A list could be produced that would give the names of all online sex offenders that cafés and libraries could use to prevent those people from using their computers. Obviously Jail time is a proper proceeding. But there are cases when even further extremities must be taken; including, the death penalty or even castration. Also, a feasible punishment for online offenders may be to take part in a group therapy or other means of rehabilitation.
                      Online pedophiles should be obligated to take part in group therapy. By sitting through group therapy, pedophiles may be able to assess their own actions and in turn change because of it. If people are forced to live with, or meet with a group of people just like themselves, they may be able to realize what they are doing. Whereas before if a sex offender was just given a slap on the wrist, he may go out and do what he was doing before. Sex offenders should be forced to live in a confined area with other offenders as well as therapists for a certain amount of time. The base punishment should be six months. During this time, offenders will have regulatory meetings with therapists to discuss any matters concerning their stay. In “Risk, responsivity, and the treatment of offenders,” Tony Ward announces, “The initial effectiveness of these interventions means that it is now time to start critically reflecting on their underlying theoretical basic and practice implications” (223). If a therapist is able to find what is driving the sex offenders and more notably the online pedophiles to do what they do, they can figure out the proper treatment needed. Furthering the goals of the group therapy and treatment programs is explained in “The role of the therapist in offender treatment,” by stating, “The overall goal of treatment programs for offenders is to prevent recidivism and the evidence to date indicates that CBT [cognitive behavioral therapy] programs achieve that goal” (315). Therefore, we can rest assured that the sex offenders who are put back on the streets after being placed through the program will be helped through their illness. This treatment is only plausible for the sex offenders who are not charged or convicted of crimes.
                      Online predators must be forced to go through what is called relapse prevention. By going through this, pedophiles will be better prepared to not fall back into the same situation that got them in trouble to begin with. In Treating Sex Offenders in Correctional Institutions, William Prendergast insists that, “Being forewarned that this type of situation may occur, especially under pressure, stress, rejection or similar circumstances that triggered the original deviate reaction, is essential” (180). Online pedophiles should be confident that they will not fall back into trying to seduce children over the internet. If they doubt themselves, the will often give in to the pressure and go back to their old ways. In Serial Offenders, the idea that sex offenders should be prepared for a relapse is affirmed by, “Model enhances self-management through cognitive-behavioral techniques, which are combined with community-based supervision that may include probation or parole officers or family” (38). Through the use of parole officers or family, the online predators can be watched to safeguard his or her actions.
                      For those online pedophiles who are convicted of crimes, Jail is the necessary procedure. However, like most crimes, the severity of jail time depends on the extent of what the online predators did. If an online predator had met up with a child that was met through the internet and had sexual relations with the child, then Jail time is expected. But, if an online predator forcefully conducted sexual relations with the victim which led to the child being physically hurt or even killed could lead to more severe precautions; including the death penalty. Perhaps the death penalty is the only way to control the actions of an online pedophile. If they are repeatedly caught for seducing children from the internet, and all other measures are not working, then the death penalty may seem acceptable. In Serial Offenders, it claims, “After many years of counseling and therapy, [Norman] Watson says he should die in he California prison because he is sexually aroused by young boys and can’t be where he has access to them.” Some cases of online pedophilia may extend to a point where no other form of punishment would suffice. In “Talk of toughening stance against Minnesota sex offenders, it reaffirms the idea of the death penalty by stating, “Meanwhile, Gov. Tim Pawlently ignited controversy by arguing for reinstating the death penalty in Minnesota for perpetrators of heinous sex crimes” (15). This furthers the need to recognize that the only cure for some online pedophiles is the death penalty. By instituting the death penalty, the most dangerous online pedophiles will be removed. For those who are not eligible for the death penalty, other harsh forms of punishments may be necessary.
                      In the most severe cases, multiple sex offenders should be castrated. If an online pedophile has repeatedly met with children from the Internet and then abused them to the point of death, castration is necessary. Castration is simply defined as removing the testicles from men, and the ovaries from women. By removing the testicles it could leave the predator unable to perform sexual acts, and more importantly prevent them from damaging any more young lives. In Serial Offenders, castration is brought up by declaring, “He [Larry Don McQuay] publicly begged authorities to castrate him. He claims to have assaulted over 200 children and says if he is not castrated he will add to that number as soon as he is released” (41). The fact that McQuay knew that he was going to abuse more children upon release is startling. However, it shows that by castrating him, he will no longer be able to prey on kids anymore. Expanding on the benefits of castration, “Mild Testosterone Reduction Effective Against Aggression,” It claims, “A new study suggests that even mild reductions in testosterone levels…can significantly reduce male aggression” (4). Because of this, all repeat online predators should be administered this, regardless of if any deaths occur. By reducing the testosterone levels in the predators, fewer children will be affected by them.
                      LOST
                      THEN I NEVER WANT TO DIE
                      I... I WANT TO LIVE FOREVER

Comment

cont...

A lot of people will argue against some of the measures taken against online pedophiles. A major argument that they might present is that the cost is far too expensive for some of the possible punishments. Castration will cost about 20 dollars a day for online predators to continue with the shots that will reduce testosterone. If the pedophile is told that he has to pay for this himself, than the treatment will not last long because the pedophile will stop paying for it. Therefore, it may be necessary to implement a tax that will go towards the treatment of these pedophiles. However, one must realize that the cost to keep the pedophile confined in jail greatly outweighs 20 dollars a day. Others may also argue that taking the Internet away from online pedophiles would be tough in such a technological era. But, by having them registered as online pedophiles, they will not be able to personally register for the Internet or even purchase computers. The fact that it makes it more difficult for them to get their hands on the Internet may cause a lot of the pedophiles to stop what they are doing. Although the price is a factor that may cause some to turn their heads, each of the punishments is necessary in order to stop online pedophiles and ensure the safety of children.
                        Online predators need to be stopped as soon as possible. It is not fair for children to be seduced by these people. By implementing each of the previously mentioned punishments, the amount of online pedophiles will reduce dramatically. Not only that, but the amount of children affected by these predators on a daily basis will also be cut down. Technology is no doubt expanding, so it is vital to stop these predators while we still can. By letting them go on without strict punishments, online pedophiles may see the Internet as a gateway to become a sex offender outside of the Internet. As long as we stop the problem before it becomes too out of control, America will be a safer place. It is now in the hands of the courts to decide which route to take in the discontinuance of these online predators.
                        LOST
                        THEN I NEVER WANT TO DIE

Comment

^WTF?!
                          Er anyway, you are very pretty Cute picture.
                          R.I.P Proof. We Love You Always.

Comment

You're pretty. If i said any more my thoughts could get me arrested!!!
                            twitter.com/thisistc

Comment

wtf nothing, thats an essay about online pedophiles. i figured the guys would wanna read it
                              LOST
                              THEN I NEVER WANT TO DIE

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, 08-26-2020, 01:33 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes