Stress at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stress at work

I posted before about this woman I work with who goes out of her way to be this miserable bitch to me.
    Last time she took my money for breakfast and cancelled my order. I had gone to HR about it and they had a meeting with both of us separately but it didn’t seem to do any good.
    The there was the company picnic, she was such a bitch to me and kept making snide remarks to me and about me in front of coworkers and their families.
    My boss pulled me aside the follow Monday and commended me on how I handled her.

This woman I work with is in her mid 30’s, she has 2 sons. She should be the mature adult like one here.

Because of the department I am in and who I work directly for, my phones have to be covered at all times. That is how the CEO wants the Executive department run. There are 18 administrative assistants in this office. (I am not an admin) Each day a different administrative assistant covers the phone while I take my one hour lunch. None of the other admins have a problem with this, they all pitch in and do their part. This evil woman is the only one that makes a big stink about it.

In the beginning of every month I send out a schedule with all the admins names on it and the days they are set to cover. If they can not cover that day they have to make arrangements to switch days with another admin or let me know and I will make the switch for them. Its not a big deal. I usually call this woman the day of her coverage to remind her that she is covering and every time I do this she curses at me slams the phone down. She usually finds someone else to cover the hour for her but in the event she does cover the phones she paces back and forth like a rabid dog and she huffs and puffs.
    So finally on Wednesday of this week I sent her an e-mail reminding her that she had to cover my phones while I went to lunch on Thursday. I know the e-mail was delivered because other woman who was on 7:30am coverage got the e-mail. I saw this woman in the kitchen Thursday morning and she didn’t say a word to me. She walks by my desk several times a day and still she said nothing to me. 11:15am rolls around and she walks by me again and I see her leave the building. At this point I am assuming that she taking her lunch from 11:15-12:15 so she will be back in time to cover my 12:30pm lunch.

12:30pm rolls around and she isn’t back yet. So I called a couple of the girls and asked where she went. I found out she went to the other office to do some work. I also found out that she hadn’t arranged for anyone else to trade coverage hours with her.

So by this point I am annoyed because she is always pulling stupid shit with me. I called over to another girl and asked her if she could cover since i had lunch plans and my friends were sitting in the lobby waiting for me. This other girl agreed to cover for me.

I get back from lunch around 1:30pm. The mean women isn’t back in the building yet, 15 minutes later she comes power walking in and walks right by my office and doesn’t say a damn word to me.

So by this point I am ready to spit nails. I called the only male admin we have and I ask him to come cover my phones so I can go talk to my boss. He agrees and I go into my boss’s office and tell her what happened.

She in turn calls HR and tells them what happened and I get called in to tell my side of what happened. I also forwarded HR a copy of the schedule that I sent out to all the admins proving that this evil woman was in fact on the schedule and she knew for not only 1 day but for 2+ weeks!!

I go home last night sick to my stomach over this. I love my job and I love 90% of the people I work with and in my opinion this shit is ridiculous.

So today is Friday and I come into work at 7:30am because we’re having a company brunch and I have to help set up.

So I am in the kitchen getting some food and I she walks in and says “move” not excuse me or anything nice just “move” I roll my eyes and walk out, not saying anything.

So now today I have another meeting with HR about this shit. I am so sick to my stomach over this, I really don’t know what to do.
    www.TeamFASRacing.com
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

intresting

Comment

she must've read some of your posts on this forum
      My other aliases:
      The West is Back
      Masai
      justp1ayin
      The Man

Comment

i just read it and i can assure you no one will care

Comment

I didnt read anything by anyone
          www.TeamFASRacing.com
          Do not go gentle into that good night,
          Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
          Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

Originally posted by On The Shelf
            she must've read some of your posts on this forum
            lmfao
            Everybody sound same; commercialize the game, reminiscing when it wasn’t all business.

If Hip Hop should die, we die together.

Comment

Take it easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Tragedy
                So I am in the kitchen getting some food and I she walks in and says “move” not excuse me or anything nice just “move” I roll my eyes and walk out, not saying anything.
                pwned

Comment

Reading this, I'm assuming you are her boss?

If so, you shouldnt have to take that shit and HR should definately sort it out. I know what you mean about the schedule, because I used to work in an office where we had the same sort of schedule, the phones had to be covered at all times and the boss would arrange whow ould cover her phone while she was on her lunch.
                  Esteemed Entity

Illusory|Retro Fo|DuPoint|Check|Fitz|Pawl Derty|InK|Teknique

Check out my 4K post shoutoutz

http://www.d12world.com/board/showthread.php?t=318243

Comment

It sounds like you work in a large(ish) firm, so I'd assume that you'd have some stricter rules when it comes to bullying or grievances?

This kind of behaviour would not be tolerated in my dept, so its kinda baffling that its allowed to go on right in front of everyone and all your boss can do is give you a pat on the back for not retaliating. Thats just absurd.

I'd definitely document all of this behaviour and try (where possible) to find out if you're being singled out by this woman, or she is like this with several people. If talking to your boss and HR is getting you nowhere, can you not file an official grievance? What about your union? do you have a union rep that you could speak to? they're supposed to stand up for your rights as an employee etc.

Do you have a local internet / intranet with guidelines for staff behaviour / policy etc? If you're gonna file a grievance, I'd quote specific areas of your site's guidelines.

If HR, your Boss, Union and Grievance filing can't resolve this, I don't know what can. Maybe if you run this bitch over in your Saleen, that might send a direct message to her?

lol, good luck
                    "Get Busy Livin' or Get Busy Dyin'.. Thats God Damn Right"

Comment

I dont know what else to say other than FUCK THAT BITCH

Comment

It's a hard knock life
                        The Big 4
                        http://youtu.be/NMMUh37BWEE The Truth
                        http://youtu.be/PT_j38VUAuE Rondo
                        http://youtu.be/yhTKSdWRC0I KG
                        http://youtu.be/3VhwzKGkvjg Ray

Comment

youre banned haha

Comment

lmao..
                            GROWN MAN SH!T AND SQUIDBERT FOR VET
                            They're bringing sexy back
                            *̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡ *̡͌l̡*

Comment

lmfaoooooo @ "pwned" across the avy - classic shit, gotta give it to who ever did it.
                              Everybody sound same; commercialize the game, reminiscing when it wasn’t all business.

If Hip Hop should die, we die together.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Campt1971, Today, 03:51 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Campt1971  
                              Started by RachelHelmik, Today, 01:43 AM