How important is money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How important is money?

Would you consider being with a guy that is flat broke? Does money compensate for lack of good looks and personality? To what extent?
    If money is or isn't important, please indicate your own social status - I think college girls and girls from elite family background tend to care more about money because they grew up with so much handed to them.

I think guys prefer to make a lot more money because it puts them in control of the relationship and makes them feel more confident about their role.

If you ask me, I think chasing guys with money and letting your partner use all of his resources on you is a bad idea. You become more dependent on that person as you get used to the lifestyle and it makes it hard to leave or be in control. Then, if you do leave, it's thrown in your face that all their resources were given to you and you end up feeling guilty (or at least you should).

What are your thoughts on this? Dont be afraid to admit that money is a great airbrush for a guy - guys are just as shallow in a lot of ways (I won't date an ugly or fat chick for example).
    Last edited by XDavidX; 07-21-2008, 11:59 PM.

as Tony Yayo said, "Money Make The World Go Round".

Comment

Money is pretty important.
      I wouldn't date a guy just for his money, but I also wouldn't date a guy with no money.
      Rest in peace Joshua, love you soooo much(F)

Comment

fuck tony yayo..

where the fuck did he come from.. that saying has been around way before he was in his dad's nutsac

I dont wanna sell records I dont wanna be big
        I dont want MTV runnin up in my crib
        I dont wanna be liked in the music biz
        I dont want fans that dont know who G Rap is

Comment

I come from an upper middle class family. However, money isn't a deciding factor at all and does not compensate for anything. I don't mind living in another neighborhood, I don't mind taking public transportation or being the provider of us both UNTIL he gets on his feet and gets a proper job. He doesn't have to make as much money as me or more, but atleast bring in a decent income. The only problem about social class is that we haven't lived the same lifestyle and might not have many similarities or anything that would attract us to each other in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Manar View Post
            I come from an upper middle class family. However, money isn't a deciding factor at all and does not compensate for anything. I don't mind living in another neighborhood, I don't mind taking public transportation or being the provider of us both UNTIL he gets on his feet and gets a proper job. He doesn't have to make as much money as me or more, but atleast bring in a decent income.
            I agree completely. Now if a guy doesn't have money cuz he's a lazy bastard then no, I won't date him. lol.

ETA: This song comes to mind.
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=SqtRrMKBdho
            Last edited by Shawtee; 07-22-2008, 10:51 AM.

Comment

is that all you women can respond with?????

i expected alot more denial...com'on and let your inner gold digger blossom
              歐陽靖

Comment

Money is important. I'd be lying if i said it wasn't. I don't look for money in men though. I've grown up knowing that whatever i want, i can buy it on my own. I grew up without a father in my life, and i never got anything from that man. My mom was a single mother and sometimes didn't have the money to buy me what i wanted.......So coming from a situation like that, i had to work myself for what i wanted.

I've never gone out with a guy just for his money. I have a boyfriend who when we first started going out, didn't have a car, so i would pick him up and take us places. A couple months later, he ended up buying his own car........You know damn well most girls that would have to drive their boyfriends around would dump the guy in a heartbeat. But i didn't, he meant a lot to me and i didn't go out with him for what he had and didn't have, plus i knew he was saving his money for a car, and one day he would have it and he'd pick me up and drive me to places as well.

To this day, whenever my boyfriend and I go out, we always do things 50/50. If we go out for dinner & a movie, he'll pay for dinner and i pay for the movie ( or vice versa)........Even though my boyfriend works at UPS & Burberry and has a steady income, i don't like seeing him pay for EVERYTHING. I still consider and keep in mind that regardless of how much money he makes now, he still has bills to pay, and so do I.......So doing things 50/50 is the best way.......and i still have my independence and not relying on him to give me and do everything.

Comment

Personally, I could not date a guy that had no money. I think money is very important in the world that we live in. When people say that money wont make you happy or that money isnt that important, I think that they are sadly mistaken.

The guy does not have to be rich or even well off, but he does need to be making an effort. Atleast have a job, that would the first step. I would not go out with a guy just because he had money. Just like I wouldnt want a guy to go out with me just because I had money. All my life my grandmother has supported me, I never asked where or how she got her money. I was always able to go to the best schools that she wanted me in. She wasnt rich but she was def. able to manage.

I wouldnt want to date a guy just for his money because then its like im depending on him for everything. I am my own independent person in my life and dont want him thinking that everything i do is going to be because of him or the money that i get from him.

In the end, he doesnt have to be rich, but he absolutely, totally, has to have a J-O-B. No questions.
                  Money is very important, but its not the most important.
                  Life isn't worth living if you don't have something you'd die for.

Never attempt to change who you are to become someone you're not.

Comment

i would date a guy for the right amount of money.
                    "Step into my dojo, mofo..."

Comment

The problem is that I really want to go to law school in a few years and if I'm single then, and looking, I'm going to still be a broke ass college student with very little money while my peers are already making a lot. I hate the idea of being a student forever when the competiton im faced with is already rolling in money! Most women want to be with a guy that makes about equal or more money but for me, its going to take a while to really get on my feet; it fuckin sucks.

Comment

youre gonna be making bank when you get outta school... the misses will know this and get with u
                        "Step into my dojo, mofo..."

Comment

There are plenty of kids in college not making a hell of a lot that get the girls.
                          If it takes awhile, it takes awhile. Im sure in the end , the right girl will find you.
                          Life isn't worth living if you don't have something you'd die for.

Never attempt to change who you are to become someone you're not.

Comment

NyKill is very correct.

Comment

Originally posted by *~Angel~* View Post
                              There are plenty of kids in college not making a hell of a lot that get the girls.
                              If it takes awhile, it takes awhile. Im sure in the end , the right girl will find you.

Oh, yes, news comes in david passed the bar and is making 6 figures now; maybe I should facebook him and see what he's up to fuck that. It's fake and that's not the type of person I want to be with.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, 02-13-2021, 08:19 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post nicklloyd  
                              Started by nfggfaetyf, Today, 01:43 AM
                              0 responses