HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plan your trip to Amsterdam sooner rather than later.....!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plan your trip to Amsterdam sooner rather than later.....!

EU drugs clampdown could spell trouble for Dutch marijuana 'coffee shops'

BRUSSELS, Belgium (AP) - Dutch Justice Minister Piet Hein Donner announced yesterday that access to popular Dutch 'coffee shops' to smoke marijuana could be cut for foreigners - including other EU citizens - as part of a new European Union drugs control policy.

Donner, whose country holds the EU presidency, said a meeting of EU justice and interior ministers agreed on guidelines for setting up an eight-year drugs action plan in the 25-nation bloc.
    Under the strategy, EU countries would coordinate efforts to cut supplies of soft and hard drugs, as well as demand, through prevention programs and police enforcement.

Donner said his country - where hundreds of thousands of tourists head to benefit from the famously relaxed policy on soft drugs like marijuana - would have to "draw consequences" from an expected stricter EU drugs policy.

"Drugs tourism should be fought," Donner said, adding that access to cafes selling joints could be barred for nonresidents of the Netherlands, including other EU citizens.

"That's an idea where we should be headed," Donner said. He did not elaborate how this could be enforced.

Dutch officials said the government is setting up a pilot project in Maastricht where entry into coffee shops would be restricted to those with special passes only.

The Dutch government has drafted tougher cannabis laws in an effort to reduce the number of coffee shops where marijuana is sold and to ban sales of cannabis to tourists in border areas.

There are around 780 coffee shops in the Netherlands, but half of them are in the three big cities of Amsterdam, Rotterdam and The Hague. About 80 per cent of municipalities do not permit coffee shops.

Despite heavy pressure and criticism from countries like France and Sweden against the relaxed drugs policy in the Netherlands, Dutch officials argue their policy has not resulted in a rise of users.

A government-funded study in May found the use of marijuana among Dutch youth declined somewhat in recent years.
    The sale of small quantities of marijuana and hashish is tolerated and is sold at coffee shops like shots of whiskey at bars. The soft drugs, however, remain a controlled substance under Dutch law and technically its sale and use is illegal.

Government figures say the number of people who tried marijuana in the Netherlands ranks in the middle of a range of EU countries, the United States and Australia.

The Netherlands has taken a hard line against drugs like cocaine and Ecstasy however, where possession is prosecuted.

Source: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...FEE_SHOPS_.asp
    Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

thats pretty gay, will probably lose out on some tourism at least. i always wanted to go.

Comment

thats pretty gay, will probably lose out on some tourism at least. i always wanted to go.

Comment

stupid move

all that money they bring in

morons
        Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks
        Lick on deez nutz and suck the dick

6/6/06

Comment

i dont understand why they think non-citizens shouldnt be able to smoke. besides messing up there tourism funds its just plain not smart. people who smoke go to a place where they know they wont go to jail for smoking weed, whats the problem with that, if you pay for it just let em go and have a blast, i cant wait to go back

Comment

they are stupid.. cant see this going far
            I AM THE LIQUOR

millimeter n9ne rips vinyl
            i know
            mix flow like korean albino
            wino
            once bred an elephant
            with a rhino
            called it the hell if I know

R.I.P. PROOF

Comment

it doens't mather what laws they make I live in Belgium that next to holland and I go sometimes to coffeeshops to buy some weed. coffeeshops are not allowed to sell more then 2.5gr for each person but you just have to talk to them and they will give you an adress were you can buy as much as you want.
              i always go to holland once a month and i buy for around 8kg in one time so they can say whatever they want nothing will change so if you want to go to holland I'll give you some nice places to visite.

Comment

Donner is just a stupid asshole. Don't pay any attention to this.
                It'll never happen
                Proof died 04-11-06 and D12 died with him
                R.I.P. PROOF (1973-2006)

Comment

Fuck that dumb cunt... it had better not happen.

I wanna go, hopfully none of this shit happens, if it does they are dumb as fuck to be letting all their money from tourism just go away for no reason... y would u stop other people from other countries from smoking there where only the locals can? that shit would be wack it's like discrimination.

Peace
                  +ALL FATES HAVE CHANGED+ NOW UR IN A +POOL OF BLOOD+,
                  JUST ASK +JUS ALLAH+ & +ALLAH JUSTICE+ THEY KNO Y I'M COVERED IN MUD!/

Comment

Originally posted by pimpsmack
                    they are stupid.. cant see this going far
                    Its an E.U. directive, not just the choice of the Dutch - its breaking EU laws and Holland are in the EU so.....

I dont really care anyway cause I got a Dutch residency card

Comment

thats stupid.
                      INTERESTED IN BEING PART OF THE MIDWEST UNDERGROUND ?

MYSPACE.COM/MINDBOGGLEPRODUCTIONS

Comment

Despite heavy pressure and criticism from countries like France and Sweden against the relaxed drugs policy in the Netherlands, Dutch officials argue their policy has not resulted in a rise of users.

maybe that's becuz , if someone tells you NO , it works the other way .
                        if you say YES , you are allowed to smoke than for many kids its not that fun anymore .
                        what's the fun about doing something that's allowed .
                        its more fun doing things that arent allowed , at least in the mind of a kid .
                        its like candy tell a 3 year old no you cant have candy , he will do anything 2 get his hands on candy , if you say go for it eat as much as you want , big change he wouldnt touch the candy .
                        strange thing right ??

as for donner he's grazy , he's fighting for so long now , and he wont win .

Comment

Originally posted by Civic
                          maybe that's becuz , if someone tells you NO , it works the other way .
                          if you say YES , you are allowed to smoke than for many kids its not that fun anymore .
                          what's the fun about doing something that's allowed .
                          its more fun doing things that arent allowed , at least in the mind of a kid .
                          its like candy tell a 3 year old no you cant have candy , he will do anything 2 get his hands on candy , if you say go for it eat as much as you want , big change he wouldnt touch the candy .
                          strange thing right ??
                          as for donner he's grazy , he's fighting for so long now , and he wont win .
                          Yea, but its not about the people smokin it, its about the 'trafficking' of weed out of the country to boardering countries. I'm from Ireland an every time I get to Amsterdam I bring weed home on the plane. Flights around Europe are so frequent its rare that bag's are overly searched so its pretty easy to get through.
                          The Dutch people will still be able to smoke, the EU just wants to stop people going there for the sole puropse of bringing weed back to their own country!

Comment

come to Belgium (near Holland/Amsterdam)

i can give you tons off grass, hahaha
                            "I'm iller as a white rapper using the word N****"

Comment

They thinking about to make a boulevard of coffeeshops near the border.
                              So that all weed smokers from other countries can go there

And it will never happen,
                              next year there are new elections for a new goverment,
                              and trust me, Donnor won't be in it then!
                              Because we are all sick of our goverment right now
                              ...ALLES IS KUNST...

Today there will be no remorse at all,
                              Come what may.....!

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by deidrapeterson, Today, 02:18 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view