HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

? to people that have been busted for weed (especially those living in washington)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? to people that have been busted for weed (especially those living in washington)

Yezzir, so its nearly 3 am and fuck, i was only a minute or less from my house and i get caught!! I wont go into all the details, but i have a court date in just under 2 weeks and he's got me for possession of marijuana (less than 40 grams) and also for use of drug paraphenalia. I was busted for a lot more and they said i could face up to a year but were giving me a break since i have no prior record. The cop said i was driving crazily over the yellow lines so thats why he pulled me over, but i was just in a hurry and i was literally just a few seconds from my neighborhood. I didn't even drink that much and i had drank maybe an hour or more earlier. But they said they thought i may be drunk. Anyways, i'm planning on leaving this state in a few weeks and now i got to deal with this shit. The cops said i shouldn't worry and this is real minor but i'm just wondering to those that know for sure, what they think will most liekly happen and will i still be able to get the fuck outta here in a few weeks?? Especially those living in washington cuz this happened in lacey. thanks for any info! What a shitty way to start the day!

Originally posted by D4DeesNuts
    Yezzir, so its nearly 3 am and fuck, i was only a minute or less from my house and i get caught!! I wont go into all the details, but i have a court date in just under 2 weeks and he's got me for possession of marijuana (less than 40 grams) and also for use of drug paraphenalia. I was busted for a lot more and they said i could face up to a year but were giving me a break since i have no prior record. The cop said i was driving crazily over the yellow lines so thats why he pulled me over, but i was just in a hurry and i was literally just a few seconds from my neighborhood. I didn't even drink that much and i had drank maybe an hour or more earlier. But they said they thought i may be drunk. Anyways, i'm planning on leaving this state in a few weeks and now i got to deal with this shit. The cops said i shouldn't worry and this is real minor but i'm just wondering to those that know for sure, what they think will most liekly happen and will i still be able to get the fuck outta here in a few weeks?? Especially those living in washington cuz this happened in lacey. thanks for any info! What a shitty way to start the day!
    I dont know for sure about US laws, but if you have a court date in under 2 weeks it shold all be sorted out on that day then u can leave the state. Surely possession should only get you a fine anyway...?
    Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

Comment

i hope so, this shit has been buggin me, i'm finally gonna go to sleep though and i hope the fine isn't much.

Comment

Originally posted by D4DeesNuts
        i hope so, this shit has been buggin me, i'm finally gonna go to sleep though and i hope the fine isn't much.
        For possession with no priors over here it would be around 80 - 100 max. I wouldnt worry too much

Comment

Well I did a quick google search like you should have done by now because I'm not familiar with the possession laws in Washington compared to Connecticut. Here's what I found:

Possession of less than 40 grams is a misdemeanor punishable by up to 90 days in jail and a fine up to $1,000.

Dirty paraphernalia possession, manufacture or delivery is also a misdemeanor punishable by up to 90 days in jail and a fine up to $1,000.

Any convictions of a misdemeanor carry a 24-hour mandatory minimum sentence and a mandatory minimum fine of $250.

Any conviction of a juvenile causes driver's license suspension for 1 year.

Source:
          Code:
          http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4571#mandatory
          So if you are found guilty in court you have somewhere between 1-90 days in jail and anywhere from $250-$1000 to pay in a fine. The paraphernalia charge if it is combined with the possession charge (not sure if they do that in your state ever) would mean doubling those numbers. Since you have no prior record then you will probably get the minimum sentence. Those cops were lying about facing up to a year in jail. Never trust what a cop says.

P.S. Make sure you shave and wear at least a shirt and tie in court. You'd be suprised at how many people walk in there in street clothes and wonder why they get harsh sentences.
          Clean Since: 12.10.08

Comment

Originally posted by Silmaril
            Well I did a quick google search like you should have done by now because I'm not familiar with the possession laws in Washington compared to Connecticut. Here's what I found:

Possession of less than 40 grams is a misdemeanor punishable by up to 90 days in jail and a fine up to $1,000.

Dirty paraphernalia possession, manufacture or delivery is also a misdemeanor punishable by up to 90 days in jail and a fine up to $1,000.

Any convictions of a misdemeanor carry a 24-hour mandatory minimum sentence and a mandatory minimum fine of $250.

Any conviction of a juvenile causes driver's license suspension for 1 year.

Source:
            Code:
            http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4571#mandatory
            So if you are found guilty in court you have somewhere between 1-90 days in jail and anywhere from $250-$1000 to pay in a fine. The paraphernalia charge if it is combined with the possession charge (not sure if they do that in your state ever) would mean doubling those numbers. Since you have no prior record then you will probably get the minimum sentence. Those cops were lying about facing up to a year in jail. Never trust what a cop says.

P.S. Make sure you shave and wear at least a shirt and tie in court. You'd be suprised at how many people walk in there in street clothes and wonder why they get harsh sentences.

Fuck... thats pretty scary.... I dont think anyone I know over here has been sent to jail for possession, no matter how many times they've been to court. A mate of mine got caught with 40kilos of hash a few years ago and hasn'd served one day!

Our Laws...

Possession of controlled drugs - cannabis or cannabis resin
            Under the Misuse of Drugs Act, 1984, anyone found in possession of cannabis or cannabis resin is guilty of an offence. If the court decides that the drug was for personal use and not for sale or distribution and this was a first offence, it can impose a fine not exceeding 381 euro on summary conviction in a District Court. On conviction on indictment, the defendant can be fined 635 euro. For a second offence, a fine not exceeding 508 euro may be imposed and on conviction on indictment, a fine of 1,270 euro can be imposed. For a third or subsequent conviction, a fine not exceeding 1,270 euro can be imposed. If the court decides, a prison sentence of not more than 12 months can be imposed as well. On conviction on indictment, the court may decide on an appropriate fine and/or a prison sentence of up to three years can be imposed.

Possession of any other controlled drugs
            It is an offence to be in possession of a controlled drug and on summary conviction for this offence, you could be liable for a fine not exceeding 1,270 euro or a prison sentence of no longer than 12 months. If the court decides, you could be liable for both. On conviction on indictment for possessing controlled drugs, the court can decide on an appropriate fine and you could also be liable for a prison sentence of not more than seven years. Again, if the court decides, you could be liable for both.

Growing cannabis plants or opium poppies
            It is also an offence to grow cannabis plants or opium poppies and on summary conviction for this offence, you could be liable for a fine not exceeding 1,270 euro or a prison sentence of no longer than 12 months. If the court decides, you could be liable for both. On conviction on indictment for growing these plants, the court can decide on an appropriate fine and you could also be liable for a prison sentence of not more than 14 years. Again, if the court decides, you could be liable for both.

Regulations regarding opium
            It is an offence to use prepared opium (e.g., heroin) for illegal use, to go to a place for the purposes of using opium or to have any paraphernalia (pipes, utensils) associated with illegal opium use in your possession. On summary conviction for this offence, you could be liable for a fine not exceeding 1,270 euro or a prison sentence of no longer than 12 months. If the court decides, you could be liable for both. On conviction on indictment for this offence, the court can decide on an appropriate fine and you could also be liable for a prison sentence of no more than 14 years. Again, if the court decides, you could be liable for both.

Dealing drugs
            Under the Misuse of Drugs Act, 1984, it is an offence to be in possession of a controlled drug with the intention of selling it illegally. Anyone found guilty of this offence can be fined up to 1,270 euro on summary conviction in a District Court. It the court decides, he or she could be subject to a fine and a prison term not exceeding 12 months. On conviction on indictment for this offence, the court can decide on an appropriate fine. The court can also impose a life sentence for this offence if it decides it is necessary. However, lesser sentences can also be imposed, either with a fine or alone.

Bear in mind these drug laws date back to 1984, the only thing that seems to have been ammended since then is the amount of the fine. I've never even heard of someone getting a fine over 100 euro. I guess we're pretty lucky!

Comment

Well it differs from state to state in the U.S. In Nevada it's pretty much impossible to get jailtime unless your selling to minors on school property.
              Clean Since: 12.10.08

Comment

The best you can hope for is probably gonna be unsupervised probation but more than likely it would be supervised probation. Atleast that is how it is in Tennessee. Plus you will have fines and court costs. Best bet is to for sure get a lawyer. Without a lawyer then you are gonna get fucked for sure no doubt about it. With supervised probation you will be drug tested maybe not every month but most months. You mess up and fail then you get another charge of VOP. Plus you have to pay your PO each time you see them. Best you can hope for is unsupervised probation, fine and court cost. This if what you would face in TN anyway. Good Luck.

I would like to know why you were driving like that since you knew you had that much weed on you. You were already close to home, you should have just chilled out and then you would have been fine. That is something that I have never understood is people getting caught with drugs in there possession because they did not follow traffic laws. Commen sense is to drive right when you are in possession of drugs. Hopefully this is a lesson and you will learn to always be on your best behavior when you have drugs on you. Again, good luck and hope it turns out alright for you!!
                Last edited by swiftysgirl; 04-18-2006, 08:51 AM.

Comment

damn peeps, thanks for the info but i'm hopin for some more help, this shit sucks, i'm tryin to leave here shortly after my court date so i hope things work out, i hope i dont have to pay more than 2 -300 dollars since this is my last fuckin week working. The weird shit is taht after i moved away, i wouldn't even be able to smoke weed. So this is some bad timing. Also i dont know why i drove like that, i was still kinda buzzed and i did only start to pay attention to the car behind me after i had done some dumb stuff which is my fault, but i can't go back and change it. I hope this is all just a smooth thing and i can just pay a fine and get the fuck out.

Comment

Why can't you smoke after you move?

Comment

for possession in Ont, Can............the majority of cases end up in a conditional discharge..........u still get a record but it's almost as if nothing happened

Comment

if ur gonna leave the state in a few weeks then dont even show

Comment

how many grams did you have on you?
                          I think it should be done to you
                          Kill furriers, rip off their heads
                          Grate their skin, eat their flesh
                          Break into a scientists lab
                          Vivisect the fucker, stab em to death

Comment

ask vancity, he knows alot about that type of shit
                            >dru

Comment

I have nothing to contribute to the story, but I will say that you should be glad the cops were nice about it and all that ... the cops around my area are complete dickheads about EVERYTHING you can think of, even the most minimal shit they'll nail you for and just be a complete asshole to you in the process
                              RAJON RONDO = MOST UNDERRATED POINT GUARD IN PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 11:39 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Deborahlanker  
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 10:30 AM