Methadone.. Blessing or Curse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Methadone.. Blessing or Curse?

i'm glad to see heroin addicts get clean and be on methadone. i'd much rather see someone on a perscribed substance than buying a drug off the streets. but my brother has been on methadone since '98, he's totally clean off any other drug and hasn't missed a dose in the past span of a year. we had been planning on him coming out here next month for the past 3-4 months. today, however, he talked to his methadone counselor and they are only willing to give him 6 days worth of medicine to go on vacation. which would mean i'd only see him for 4 days (since theirs 2 days of traveling). its such a bitch cause he's really sick and this could be the last time my family gets to see him. unfortunetly he can't just walk away from the medicine and come anyways cause that could cause a heart attack.

the system sucks.

solution: buy meth illegally.
    LOST
    THEN I NEVER WANT TO DIE
    I... I WANT TO LIVE FOREVER

Comment

^ lmao

yeah thats right meth will solve any problem
      YEAR OF THE PIG

WWW.PIGLORDS.NET

Comment

of course either is bad for you, but methadone is suppose to lean you off heroin and eventually get you clean. unfortunetly you get hooked on it and its damn hard to get off of.

buying it illegally would only be a temporary solution. cause then when he goes back he won't be able to go to the clinic to get it and he'll have to keep buying it everyday. you realize how much that'd add up to? not a solution.

Comment

I know exactly what you are saying. My brother, husband and I are all on Methadose so I know what problem your brother is facing. Here is an idea...Is there another clinic near where you live? He can get what is called a visitors pass to visit another clinic. All he needs to do is find out if there is and ask at the clinic he goes to and they will tell him what to do. I know how it feels to come off Methadose and it is pure hell. So definetly he needs to find out what his options are with visiting another clinic. The clinic he goes to should be willing to help him. Good luck to him.

Comment

we have a clinic an hour 1/2 away, but he'd have to go everyday before 8 in the morning. unfortunetly thats not possible. now he just has to get off methadone (he's only at 50 mg right now, he's been trying to get off for awhile now) so i say in 3-4 months he sh ould be off it completely. unfortunetly he lives in san francisco so it is too easy for him to score there. once he got off he'd have to come out here for a couple months to try to stay away from it and get it completely out of his system. its a shame he's in the position to begin with, but shit happens.

the thing that really sucks is that he's also really sick on top of it so we don't really know how much longer he'll be around to begin with. so this could be taking away from my family potentially ever seeing him again.

i'm gonna go out there to see him myself since i can afford it, but not my whole family can do this so it'd just be easier if he could come to us.

i do think methadone is a good thing overall though, even though it causes problems like this. its just a shame how extermely addicting it is and the effects it does to you for long term use. if it could just be used for people to detox off heroin and methadone on a short term basis it'd be a much better drug.

Comment

I am sorry that my idea would not work. My brother, husband and I do not go to a clinic. It is Doctor prescribed. But my brother started out years ago going to the clinic and I know that is what he did when he went to my Aunt's in Georgia for a week or so. Yeah 50mgs is gonna be hard to come off of but if he has months to do it then it will be easier. I guess that he knows that he needs to start coming down now. He needs to talk to the Doctor that he sees at the clinic or his conselor. The worst part will be about the last 10mgs he has to come off. I know people that have been stuck at only 5mgs and could not stand to come off only that much. I am sorry that your brother is in this situation and I hope that he has been away from street drugs long enough that it will not be as tempting. I wish your brother, you and your family the best of luck. If you ever need to talk to someone that knows about all this then you can PM me anytime. I will try to help even if it is only to listen. Again, Good Luck.

Comment

no doubt.. methadone is worse than heroin... one 40mg waffer can give you the feeling heroin does and it will last you like 72hrs... and the withdrawls from methadone last at least 1 month... while most other opiate withdrawls last 2 weeks.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Campt1971, Today, 03:51 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Campt1971  
                Started by RachelHelmik, Today, 01:43 AM
                0 responses