HIP HOP LIFESTYLE

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoking after getting wisdom teeth pulled??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoking after getting wisdom teeth pulled??

So I just got my wisdom teeth pulled a few hours ago, the surgery itself was actually pretty sweet..The laughing gas or whatever had me tripping out and these 2 hot nurse chicks were there for about 10 mins just talking and making me crack up till the doctor finally came in.

But anyways, on the sheet thing for what to do post-surgery, it said no smoking for 7 days. Since the surgery was in the mouth, I'm worried/wondering as to what woud happen if I did. I certainly don't plan on smoking today, but tomorrow, I'm off and will just be sitting around the house all day as well and certainly wouldn't mind gettin high and hitting a few bowls or whatever..and since I got some vicodins, those would be nice to mix with some weed..Plus I'll have an empty house so I can do whatever the fuck I want..

Anyone have any experience or know what the problems would be if I did smoke?? I don't smoke cigs, so that's not a problem...But do i REALLY have to wait a week before smoking again? I can't imagine it fuckin things up too bad if I wait a day or so(more than 24 hours after the surgery) and then just smoke a couple bowls or whatever...I dunno..

It's not like I can't go a week without smoking(just got off a 10 day break a few days ago), but I just don't want to unless I really have to. If there's actually a risk of me fuckin something up, or making something in my mouth/teeth worse, then I guess I might just have to wait..Anyone have any experience with something like this, or know anything about it??

Damn, it's times like this I wish i didn't sell my vaporizer. But I dunno if that'd work either..
    Last edited by Kon; 06-12-2008, 11:36 AM.

I dont know.. my buddy had a few teeth pulled about a year back, and like 2 hours later he was hitting the bong and smoking cigs. He was fine, i really dont see what harm it would do.
    LastFM

Comment

Smoking will give you a dry socket (where the wisdom teeth used to be). Main thing is they're very painful.

If you're determined to smoke, get something to keep the sockets irrigated periodically. The pain will blow your buzz real fast if you don't.

health risks? don't think so...maybe increase chances of infection

Comment

i got pulled out all 4 wisdom teeth at once and after 3 days there was a big party and i was thinking about drinking but i didnt because i still took pain killers that doesnt match good with alc. So i just smoked a few joints and i felt pretty good. Didnt hurt anything and the doc said everything is alright after i went there two days later.

Comment

Thanks guys, looks like I should PROBABLY be alright with that too..

Still gonna wait till tomorrow at least though.

Comment

It'll increase chance of infection, so i recommend space cakes
            ^This poster was winning before Charlie Sheen.

Brain-Damaged 2 Fuck

I Am Me MentalMentality

Premo the Ghost - 018Productions
            twitter: @MrPremo

www.skrillagorillas.com
            www.40glocc.com

Comment

I wouldn't know how to make any of that stuff really, and it'd probably take too long..

Damn, probably don't want it to get infected..Maybe I should wait a bit.

Comment

Dry sockets and infections arent fun trust me.I got mine pulled and started smoking cigarettes once the buzz wore off and my shit got infected something fierce to the point the side of my face swelled up and i had to go back to the dentist and get the shit drained,plus they had to stick this syringe with a needle iin the holes where my teeth where to flush them clean and get rid of anymore infection,that was the most painful thing i've ever experienced.
                Originally posted by Tone Riggz
                Akon has dry humped a teenage girl, tossed a kid off stage...i think for his next feat, he should diamond cutter Tito Jackson...

Comment

^^Ouch man...Outta curiousity, how long did you wait afterwords before you lit up that first cig? and do you think it'd make a difference at all if you smoked only a little, rather than alot?? I just don't see how they realistically expect someone who's addicted to cigarettes to wait a week before smoking..Luckily, that's not the case for me, but I just wanna get high a bit.

And would something like possibly covering up the areas where the holes/sockets are where my teeth were removed somehow help? Like put a paper towel or something over it..I know it wouldn't make it ok, but maybe it'd help a little??

But yeah, I'm kinda leaning towards just waiting a bit now, though it's kinda disappointing..

Comment

you're gonna regret it when you get dry sockets and infections. definitely not a smart idea, they hurt like a mother fucker and you have to keep going back into the doctor. splack is right
                    Steelers|KU Jayhawks|USC

Comment

Sounds like it wouldn't be a great idea....but two of my friends have had their wisdom teeth pulled, and both of them blazed the next day and were fine...actually i think one of them blazed that night...
                      http://www.last.fm/user/Real_Hip_Hop

Comment

Originally posted by Koniving Kon View Post
                        ^^Ouch man...Outta curiousity, how long did you wait afterwords before you lit up that first cig? and do you think it'd make a difference at all if you smoked only a little, rather than alot?? I just don't see how they realistically expect someone who's addicted to cigarettes to wait a week before smoking..Luckily, that's not the case for me, but I just wanna get high a bit.
                        And would something like possibly covering up the areas where the holes/sockets are where my teeth were removed somehow help? Like put a paper towel or something over it..I know it wouldn't make it ok, but maybe it'd help a little??
                        But yeah, I'm kinda leaning towards just waiting a bit now, though it's kinda disappointing..
                        I waited til the buzz from the medication and the shit they used to put me under wore off,i'd say like the next day,i got em pulled after work at like 4:30 and come 11pm i was still high as fuck and bleeding,last thing on my mind at that point was a smoke,im thinking the next day i smoked one when i got up,but not a whole one because it hurt to suck on the cigarette alot.

I wouldnt suggest covering them up,they're sensitive as fuck plus you dont wanna risk anything falling into the wounds or sticking to em when you go to pull whatever you use out.
                        Originally posted by Tone Riggz
                        Akon has dry humped a teenage girl, tossed a kid off stage...i think for his next feat, he should diamond cutter Tito Jackson...

Comment

honestly i wouldnt do it if i were you, my buddy got dry sockets from smoking weed 2 days after he got them pulled said it was the worst pain he's had in his entire life.. your choice tho

Comment

make brownies and just pop the vics
                            "All Star weekend I saw Warren G with no Nate Dogg. That's like MJG with no 8 Ball."

Comment

Yeah, I'm leaning towards not doing it, or at least I was a couple hours ago..But now my Lakers just collapsed in the most embarassing way possible, and I'm like "fuck it" and might even end up smoking tonight..Hopefully I don't though..

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 12:39 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Deborahlanker  
                              Started by basketballeven, Today, 10:36 AM
                              0 responses