No announcement yet.

Where is this hip-hop artwork going to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is this hip-hop artwork going to?

Man, I'm bored of this shit right here. All we do is hip-hop shit. Man, that's fuck boring.. boring as a fat bitch eatin' always. Darn. I dunno man.. people think that PSD + STOCK + BLENDING OPTIONS + TEXT + PARENTAL ADVISORY = HOT MIXTAPE COVER!!!!11 .. No man. You must have some creativity inside you. I've been doin' this shit for fun, as a hobby for some time man... like 1 year and something. But I'm bored of this hip-hop subject.. we need to learn some creative shit that would be original and classic man. Not copy a style and work 10 minutes at a cover. You should work 1 week at a cover man.. Dunno what to do.

I started off with signatures. Even now I can remember how I used to make signatures, avatars.. like.. 30/day/ That was so cool man.. I was brand new.. this section was ours.. we ruled this shit to the end. But now peeps are improvin' mad fast and I'm not. Well, I don't complain... now I do a cover every 2 weeks. Now I'm working with flyers, on A4 size. They're pretty cool.. the guys down the record label appreciate my work, but I'm very afraid to ask 'em money on the shit I do. It's not like I'm the best, fuck the rest. Anyway.. this wasn't the problem.

If you want to start makin' artwork with Photoshop, try NOT to be influenced by these subjects. Hip-Hop is important yes, 'cause we listen this music, some are part of the culture like I am (I'm a writer, graffiti artist). But you must have originality and creativity. Without those.. you're shit.

So thanks.. I was bored and I had to make this thread to be bored even more. Anyway... express your opinions about this "originality", "creativity" shit. Most of the "GFX designers" these days don't have it, but some have it.
    hell naw!

hmmm
    I'm making basketball wallpers too but I don't post em
    www.One-Designz.Com - the future of hip hop designs
    www.Urban-Block.Com - #1 hip hop website

Comment

preach!
      THEY SCARED TO DEATH, THEY SCARED TO LOOK, THEY SHOOK...
      CAUSE AINT NO SUCH THING AS HALF WAY CROOKS

BATTLES:9
      WON: 9
      KO'S: 9

Comment

Hoorai!
        hell naw!

Comment

you were me about 2 years ago.....you'll get past it and stop doing all of soon enough
          sigs cause cancer - a wise man once said

Comment

Look at my avatar. It says it all. Im not really "done" with graphics, but you wont see mixtape covers from me anymore. I started with webdesign and ima keep fucking with web design because its more interesting and a bit more difficult to do than just these ridiculous mixtape covers. Web design involves more of what a client wants, features, scripting, etc.
            BIG PROOF FOREVER

Comment

To be honest I never look at mixtape covers so when I sit down to make one myself I know I'm not going to be influenced by anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by MiniX
                hmmm
                I'm making basketball wallpers too but I don't post em
                i think u missed the point

Comment

Why you think I hardly post here anymore.. nothing to comment on.
                  ..Still takin' my time to perfect the beat, and I still got love for the streets, it's the D-R-E...

Comment

Today was a good day to post creative, non-hiphop graphics, I mean, it's 4 years since 9/11, but I see only one 9/11 memorial graphic ..
                    Originally posted by midwestwitch
                    If I were to find out it was you would be responsible for a teenage boy losing every ounce of a social life, cell phone, gaming consoles etc until he graduated high school and left for college.

Comment

Originally posted by komacyde
                      Why you think I hardly post here anymore.. nothing to comment on.
                      This section is bullshit now!! loads of people fucked it up its pretty much a very childish attitude around here so thats why i dont come here much.
                      "With Heaven's aid I have conquered for you a huge empire. But my life was too short to achieve the conquest of the world. That task is left for you" - Genghis Khan

Comment

^ Amen. Koma and I have tried to weed out all the bad seeds but they some how find their way back. Guess they never can take a hint.

After the move to Forums.RapBasement.Com hopefully we get more people that know how to make shit other than gay rap CD Covers that usually aren't even good.
                        Myspace

Comment

need more vets here to influence the yung ones..lol
                          ...I sniff Ajax, drink chlorox
                          Spit fresh, every breath till a lung pops...

Comment

I havent fucked up hip hop work for a long time, minus the avatar game

Comment

I agree with what u said about "PSD + STOCK + BLENDING OPTIONS + TEXT + PARENTAL ADVISORY = HOT MIXTAPE COVER".. it's annoying to see the same technique used over and over just diff PSD but most of the people who do it are just begginers who try to make it easier for them. I myself did it when i started with photoshop but i changed the way i work maybe after a year. I think that people need time to realize the sigs and avatars won't led them to anywhere if they want to make it better, only hard work and creativity. And when they realize that, they get change their photoshop work theme.. from signatures to flyers or from avys to dark art 3;-)3 .

I think the problem of this place is that there are more sigs/covers/avy makers than any kind of other art makers so it's hard for people to post their stuff when they know that most of the people won't appreciate their art in the way it need to be.

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by oneshotm3, Today, 08:29 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post oneshotm3  
                              Started by oneshotm3, Today, 08:25 AM