Supplements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supplements

Do you use any supplements to train? Legal supplements I mean.

I used creatine (chewable tabs and powder to mix with water) towards the end of last year, but I've not used anything since Christmas..

I tried a "Stack 2" tablet the other day that my friend gave me who is a personal trainer. He basically said it keeps your energy levels optimised. Only used it once so I'm not really feeling the difference yet
    "Get Busy Livin' or Get Busy Dyin'.. Thats God Damn Right"

All of those "high energy/fat burning" products have really lost their effectiveness since ephedra got banned. Only supps I use are a protein powder for post workout, glutamine and a multi vitamin.
    Let's see,
    I've been banned over twenty
    times, I make fun of everyone
    besides body-builders. (I give
    them the time of day). And I've
    created more new accounts
    than someone who practices
    identity theft.
    Truly, I have no life and I need
    making fun of others to replen-
    ish my self esteem.
    -Jeff (Swoll)

Comment

^ Yeah, I use multi-vitamins and protein.

Creatine I felt was something that had mixed feelings. Some people told me it was incredible, others told me it wasnt that good.

I honestly dont think it will make that much of a difference. It helps retain your water supply and you might be able to workout longer, but there are lots of creatine users that havent gotten results that I have with roughly the same motivation, so I dont see it being worth the money.
      Originally posted by ethan20
      There's a correlation between cervixal cancer in women and un-circumsized penises. Not to mention it almost cuts your bacteria count on the penis in half.
      Originally posted by reservoirGod
      Ethan sure does know alot about dicks

Comment

Whey Protien, Glutamine, Glucosamine, A Multi and an Ephedrine/Caffeine/Yohimbe stack. I'll also be starting a cycle of Winstrol in May.
        Last edited by M Solo; 04-04-2005, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Multi Vitamines and some Ephedrine stuff
          smoke weed

Chill.

Comment

A GREAT supplement Ive been using is Maximuscle's Cyclone. Its got creatine, protein and a lot of other things...I put on a LOT of mass whilst using it. Very good stuff. If your gonna take creatine, make sure you drink a lot of water during the day to get the max effect.
            NOT the same Steve-O that was in a wheelchair!

Comment

Originally posted by M Solo
              Whey Protien, Glutamine, Glucosamine, A Multi and an Ephedrine/Caffeine/Yohimbe stack. I'll also be starting a cycle of Winstrol in May.
              You stacking it w/anything? Let me know how it goes. Not sure when I'm gonna try a cycle. I imagine a few years or so when I can afford it.
              Let's see,
              identity theft.
              ish my self esteem.
              -Jeff (Swoll)

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan Drago
                glutamine
                same.

depending on your body type, creatine might not be as effective for some people. from my experience, it tends to retain more water than anything. turns you into a doughboy. it does give you the repleshment within your body to workout hard everyday, but it carries more hype than anything else out there i think. all depends on the person's body type.
                in my home country of Soviet Russia, road forks you.

Comment

Dont Use Creatine...... !!!

Yo i was using that shit 2 years ago ... every 6 weeks course. Man trust me u dont wanna be taking that shit. For some people it has severe side effects. My gym partner, who introduced me to this shit, had been using it for like 2 years. He had no problems as far as i know. He did mention hairloss. But i ignored it at the start. But i then realised the effects it had on myself.

The side effects i saw was:

hair losss aswell
                  messed up sleep patterns
                  increasness of weight - more fat than muscle
                  continuous headaches - migraines

and many more. Im not saying u shouldnt use this. But if i was you peeps, id reconsider carefully. Maybe give it a trial period and ask mans who been using it. I took 4 - 6 week course (i think - memory loss.. to much weed)

One thing to bear in mind. You gotta be on strict diet when u be taking these supplements. No junk food, etc etc. boiled chicken, fish, etc etc - yukkie foods.

hope this helps!

"Death of perfection as I move witout motion
                  Ain't no ni**a in his game doin the shit that I'm quotin'"

Comment

^ Hair loss with Creatine? That's new.

It's also bullshit.

Creatine is naturally occurring in meat products so I don't know why the media is making it out to be a cancer causing, kidney infecting product.
                    Let's see,
                    identity theft.
                    ish my self esteem.
                    -Jeff (Swoll)

Comment

Naw.. I don't take any supplements. I work out almost every day, or at the very least every other, lift weights for my arms and chest area and do sets of push-ups, pretty soon, within a week or so, I'll start running on regular basis (every night) to work on my condition and legs, even tho I'm fit enough already. I just don't believe in any of this 'special vitamins stuff'.. I eat normally, food that my mom cooks, mostly European dishes so that I avoid all the junk food that can be found at every corner. I don't eat like a pig, I'd say maybe 3-4 times a day, and for my height (6'5-6'6) and size(about 210 pounds), I don't think it's enough, but it satisfies my hunger and provides me with enough energy to go out and play ball/work out which is what I'm really focused on. Many of my friends are using different kinds of proteins and creatine, I never found it appealing, I think natural way is the best one to go, guess I'm kinda old fashioned when it comes down to it. Good thread by the way.
                      Last edited by komacyde; 04-04-2005, 07:39 PM.
                      ..Still takin' my time to perfect the beat, and I still got love for the streets, it's the D-R-E...

Comment

I would like to start taking a fat burning supplement to really tone my muscles, should I? Which ones?
                        Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week

Comment

^most of the stuff available in stores now is without ephedrine since some dumbfucks od’d off of it without reading the proper instructions…buying into the hype and getting expensive weight loss supplements isn’t worth the money and you can do just as well by making your own Ephedrine/Caffeine stack..

ephedra isnt without side effects, but anything under 50mg/day should be safe and start with half that to determine your threshold …similarly 200mg of caffeine (through caffeine tablets) per serving is about right...again, you should start of with a smaller amount to determine how your body reacts to it.

Originally posted by komacyde
                          Naw.. I don't take any supplements. I work out almost every day, or at the very least every other, lift weights for my arms and chest area and do sets of push-ups, pretty soon, within a week or so, I'll start running on regular basis (every night) to work on my condition and legs, even tho I'm fit enough already. I just don't believe in any of this 'special vitamins stuff'.. I eat normally, food that my mom cooks, mostly European dishes so that I avoid all the junk food that can be found at every corner. I don't eat like a pig, I'd say maybe 3-4 times a day, and for my height (6'5-6'6) and size(about 210 pounds), I don't think it's enough, but it satisfies my hunger and provides me with enough energy to go out and play ball/work out which is what I'm really focused on. Many of my friends are using different kinds of proteins and creatine, I never found it appealing, I think natural way is the best one to go, guess I'm kinda old fashioned when it comes down to it. Good thread by the way.

taking a multi isnt a question of being old fashioned or not eating naturally, but unless you're eating extremely well balanced meals daily...vitamin sups are essential because the usual supply you might be getting from your food may be inadequate and quickly depleted during the course of the day leaving your body undernourished and unable to properly process your daily intake because of a lack of key vitamins and minerals essential for these processes.

If you’re a hardcore bodybuilder, I recommend Animalpak but if you think that’s too much for you, atleast take some sort of high potency one a day vitamin supplement like Mega Gold (GNC), simply because active people need a lot more than the Recommended Daily Allowance usually ingested through their daily natural diet.
                          Last edited by Sa|man; 04-04-2005, 08:37 PM.
                          Palabra a tu madre

Comment

Originally posted by FaB514
                            I would like to start taking a fat burning supplement to really tone my muscles, should I? Which ones?
                            Well if you want to tone your muscles, you need to increase your reps in the range of 12 - 14, and take less rest in between sets (maybe 1.5 minutes, at the MOST).

If you wanna lose the fat so the muscle actually shows, fat burning supplements can help, but from seeing that one pic of you, you seem like someone with a fast metabolism, so fat burning pills would be a waste of money.

Do some cardio at a good rate, and just keep upping the time (not really the speed) until you notice some fat burning occurring.

Also, you need to realize that under normal weight-loss, something like 60% of every pound you lose is actually muscle, and 40% fat. Thats why you need to eat right so you minimize muscle degredation. Its also a good idea to have some powerlifting days so you lose as little muscle as possible. Maybe every other week, set aside 2 days for deadlifts, heavy squats, heavy bench press, heavy t-bar rows, heavy barbell curls. Something like that.
                            Originally posted by ethan20
                            There's a correlation between cervixal cancer in women and un-circumsized penises. Not to mention it almost cuts your bacteria count on the penis in half.
                            Originally posted by reservoirGod
                            Ethan sure does know alot about dicks

Comment

My experience was bad with Creatine. As i said people experience various side effects.... as for cancer n shit - thats strait up BS. dont be hearing that!!

as for weight loss - after i took creatine - i put on a stone n a half... now ive lossed like 2 stones in 6 months. only way to loose weight, is dedication, hard work, run 3 miles a day. join gym, eat and think less about food. give up junk munchies. monitor your self improvement.........
                              "Death of perfection as I move witout motion
                              Ain't no ni**a in his game doin the shit that I'm quotin'"

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by kylehenry, Today, 12:55 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post kylehenry  
                              Started by Monret, 04-16-2021, 07:38 AM