I got sleep problems, need sum help..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got sleep problems, need sum help..

I'm a sophmore in high school, I go to bed around 9:30/10 o'clock...Some nights it seems like I can get to sleep fast, like once I get in bed I put my headphones on for about 10-15 minutes, take em off, and I fall asleep within 10 mins maybe shorter than that...Than I have other nights where I do the same routine, put my headphones on for about 10-15 minutes, take em off and I dont get to sleep till around 11:30/12 o'clock, and I have to wake up at 6 every morning. And when I dont get to sleep within 10-20 minutes and I look at the clock, my heart seems to pump harder than usual, I feel nervous, and thats usually when I can't get to sleep...I keep a bottle of Tylenol PM next to bed and when I take one, I get to sleep alot easier..I have also heard that keeping a fan or humidifier in your room that it also helps because it's called "WHITE NOISE" and it's a constant noise....And honestly, I don't wanna be takin pills to get to sleep. This has been happenin to me for about a year/year and a half now, can someone help me out before I find myself takin pills every night to get to sleep??

this might work for you, but ya know that feeling you get after a sports game like soccer or football where you just wanna collapse and sleep?
    when i cant sleep, i get a big glass of water, and do as many pushups as possible until i cant complete one pushup. then i just collapse on the bed and fall asleep.
    Dre grabbed the map, the plaques and the gold,
    I grabbed 2 girlies and a blunt thats rolled

Comment

I have the same problem, actually your situation sounds exactly the same as mine. I just use Tylenol PM and thats all I can really do.
      National Champion North Carolina Tarheels

Comment

nothin rong with takin pills i have to because i have extreme insomnia
        Steve--O Is Dead

Comment

Just do what eminem does it's not bad...
          Soundclick.com/kilowattbeats
          Myspace.com/kilowattbeats

Comment

no it aint bad just dont get addicted
            Steve--O Is Dead

Comment

jerk off

listen to smokin buddah by bone thugs

puts me right to sleep
              R.I.P. Proof

Volvo. for Life

Comment

Originally posted by baller517
                I'm a sophmore in high school, I go to bed around 9:30/10 o'clock...Some nights it seems like I can get to sleep fast, like once I get in bed I put my headphones on for about 10-15 minutes, take em off, and I fall asleep within 10 mins maybe shorter than that...Than I have other nights where I do the same routine, put my headphones on for about 10-15 minutes, take em off and I dont get to sleep till around 11:30/12 o'clock, and I have to wake up at 6 every morning. And when I dont get to sleep within 10-20 minutes and I look at the clock, my heart seems to pump harder than usual, I feel nervous, and thats usually when I can't get to sleep...I keep a bottle of Tylenol PM next to bed and when I take one, I get to sleep alot easier..I have also heard that keeping a fan or humidifier in your room that it also helps because it's called "WHITE NOISE" and it's a constant noise....And honestly, I don't wanna be takin pills to get to sleep. This has been happenin to me for about a year/year and a half now, can someone help me out before I find myself takin pills every night to get to sleep??
                LoL... Mayne Im Witchu On That.. Im In The Same Grade & Go To Sleep Around The Same Time (Though 9:30-10:30pm).. I Usually Go To Sleep With My Headphones On Everynight But I Recently Took Um Off Cuz I Noticed I Have Diffuculty Sleepin All Of A Sudden.. So What I Do Is Dont Eat Or Drink Anything An Hour & I Take A Sleepin Pill Everynight B4 I Go To Bed... It Helps Alot.. Then Again, Idk If U'd Wanna Pop Pills Everynight..
                (2-2) Kansas City Chiefs (2-2)
                Last Game: 10/2/05 @ Philadelphia Eagles (3-1) .. L 31-37
                Next Game: 10/09/05 Bye Week (0-0) .. 00-00

Comment

I have the same issue, but I noticed all those nights when I can't fall asleep, it's because my brain keeps thinking. I think about the day I spent, things I did, people I talked to, sometimes the future and everything else. Then I slowly tell myself in the head "Sleep, sleep, sleep.." and it usually works.
                  ..Still takin' my time to perfect the beat, and I still got love for the streets, it's the D-R-E...

Comment

^Thats exactly what i wanted to say since i have the exact same problem but now that you said it, there is no need. That kind of thing happens more often to me & then I try to concentrate on just one thing which is sleep.. sleep.. & just sleep.. without thinking about any of those.. 3/5 times it works for me.
                    R.I.P Proof
                    get higher, get higher i never retire
                    there is only two states to be in.. NSW & Stoned

Comment

ya i got the same problem kinda, mines a little different, I dont usually go to sleep until at least 3 in the morning and wake up anytime between 6 and 9. I just got so much shit going on all the time I have to stay awake a long time and then when it comes time to sleep I got so much shit on my mind, and its some heavy shit too, especially right now. Ive tried everything from having my room completely dark to a fan to ear plugs, the only thing that works for me is sleeping pills.

Comment

Originally posted by ajdrew
                        when i cant sleep, i get a big glass of water, and do as many pushups as possible until i cant complete one pushup. then i just collapse on the bed and fall asleep.
                        this shouldn't help you get to sleep though, as doing push-up's will get your heart-rate up, and put you out of a state of relaxation. but hey, if it works, do it.

and ya, try to never resort to pills, as this goes without saying.

do you smoke? cigarettes can also keep you awake...if you're a smoker, and have troubles getting to sleep, it is recommended to not have a smoke anytime recent before you are planning on going to sleep.

i also have problems getting to sleep sometimes. and like you said, i always have to have some sort of "white noise" running in the background, as this will help put you at ease, and eliminate random sounds that might annoy you and keep you awake.

i also find myself thinking too much while trying to get to sleep. thinking about shit that happened that day...thinking about what i have to do tomorrow...and this keeps me up sometimes for hours. but the second you concentrate on just clearing your head, you'll fall asleep in a second.

also, eating before you go to sleep can keep you awake, as your body is working to digest the food, thus keeping you up. they say the best "bedtime snack" is peanut butter and *******s. it is easily digested.

just don't sweat it. some days you might just have more energy than others, and in reality, 9:30pm is an early time to go to sleep.
                        in my home country of Soviet Russia, road forks you.

Comment

Originally posted by no good27
                          I have the same problem, actually your situation sounds exactly the same as mine. I just use Tylenol PM and thats all I can really do.
                          Tylenol PM stops working.

If you're gonna take something though, take Tylenol PM. Tylenol PM isn't addictive. I have MASSIVE sleeping problems. I don't sleep for days. You think I'd be tired and fall asleep the next night if I didn't fall asleep the night before. No, doesn't work that that. If I'm tired, I'm so tired it makes me sick. Definitely be happy it's not worse. If you start taking OTC pills it will get worse. If it gets worse, consult a docor.

There's some muscle relaxing exercises you can do. I can't because I have a bad back. Read up on that.
                          I <3 JMart.
                          "The Craig Machine"
                          ^Buy it.

-Justine
                          Props to Kali for the avatar. RIP Proof.

Comment

get a hypnotist
                            Steve--O Is Dead

Comment

Nyquil
                              HEADSHOTS; NIGGA FUCK YO VEST

www.***********.info

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse