I swear there's something wrong with my hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I swear there's something wrong with my hands

I never used to have any problems with them, then over the past few weeks the skin between my fingers have been getting really dry, so i keep moisturizing them a lot...but they go back to being dry...but no longer than a month ago i never used to moisturize them properly and they were fine... it's weird.

does anybody know what it could be?
    Cain is for Charlie, and Delta is for Cain

My middle finger is really dry and looks all weird. I don't know wtf is wrong with it.
    Anybody wanna lumpkin?

Comment

it could be because of the weather change/season change etc.
      I suggest you make an appointment with a doctor.
      it could be dermatitis/eczema but im sure if it doesnt go off,
      some medication for it would get rid of your problem.

and Bill Jones maybe you stick your middle finger up your ass
      a bit too much you silly bastard
      R.I.P Proof
      get higher, get higher i never retire
      there is only two states to be in.. NSW & Stoned

Comment

I'd go with eczema.. you just need to get some cream from your doctors and it will be all good..

Comment

i have the exact same thing when the weather suddenly becomes cold, my hands are usually quite moist normally but they dry up and you get the skin peeling between the fingers and cracking skin on the knuckles. Don't worry about it, put a little moisturizer on its just that your skin isn't used to the cold.
          I LOVE YOU ZIDANE! HURRAH FOR THE MOTHER THAT GAVE BIRTH TO YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Elonzo
            I never used to have any problems with them, then over the past few weeks the skin between my fingers have been getting really dry, so i keep moisturizing them a lot...but they go back to being dry...but no longer than a month ago i never used to moisturize them properly and they were fine... it's weird.

I'm sure it's nothing serious... any colour abnormailities to your hands? any unusual spots? Do they change colour depending on the temperature?

If it gets painful or anything like that, probably best get it checked out.

Take care - Ellie x
            Hi old school d12world!!

Comment

^no, no difference in colour, it's not painful...the only thing that has literally changed is just that the skin is dry. that's it.

It's not anything as bad as Eczema, and it's not the cold weather...i've been through almost all of the winter withoutthis problem.

To be honest, i'm thinking that i wash my hands too much...if i cut it down a bit i may see more of a result. I only wanna be clean
              Cain is for Charlie, and Delta is for Cain

Comment

^ Ocd??

Comment

^ i was thinking the same thing... it would make sense...
                  Hi old school d12world!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elonzo

Yes there's a chance it could very well be hand dermatitis (hand eczema), like they said. You can get a special cream from your dermatologist (if you have one).

Here is the sheet I got from my doctor. I'll type it up.

Hand dermatitis is common. Hand rashes usually result from a combination of sensitive skin and irritation or allergy from materials touched. Everyone's hands rountinely touch irritating soaps and detergents, several times a day. In addition, consider the raw foods, solvents, paints, oils, greases, acids, glues, and so on that most of us touch at work or in the home and you can see that the skin of your hands takes a beating.

Not everyone gets hand dermatitis. Many lucky people have "tough" skin; but, unfortunately, some persons have skin that is easily damaged. The result is dermatitis. Persons with bad hand dermatitis often have dermatitis elsewhere, and frequently blood relatives have hand dermatitis. We can't toughen your skin, but we have effective treatment to heal your dermatitis.

1. Protect your hands from direct contact from soaps, dertergents, scouring powders, and similiar irritating chemcials by wearing waterproof, heavy-duty vinyl gloves. Heavy-duty vinly gloves are better than rubber gloves, since you can become allergic to rubber. Buy four of five pairs so they can be convientiently located in your kitchen, bathroom, and laundray areas. If a glove develops a hole, DISCARD IT IMMEDIATELY. Wearing a glove with a hole is worse than wearing no gloves at all.

2. Wear waterproof gloves while peeling and squeezing lemons, oranges, and grapefruit, peeling potatoes, and handling tomatoes.

3. Wear leather or heavy-duty fabric gloves when doing dry work or gardening. Dirty your gloves, not your hands! If you keep your house for your family, scatter a dozen pairs of cheap cotten gloves about your home and use them while doing dry housework. When they get dirty, put them in the washing machine. Wash your gloves, not your hands!

4. Use an automatic dishwasher if you have that, if not have someone else wash the dishes. Do your laundry by machine, and not by hand.

5. Avoid contact with turpentine, paint thinner, paints, and polishes (floor, furniture, metal, shoe polishes, for example). They contain irritating solvents. When using them, wear heavy-duty waterproof gloves.

6. When washing your hands, use lukewarm water and very little mild soap or a soap substitute (like Cetaphil Lotion). Rinse the soap off carefully and dry gently. ALL SOAPS ARE IRRITATING. No soap is "gentle on your skin" except in the minds of advertising writers, so don't waste your money on special soaps.

7. Rings often worse dermatitis by trapping irritating materials beneath them. Remove your rings when doing housework and before washing your hands.

8. When outdoors in cold and windy weather, wear unlined leather gloves to protect your hands from drying and chapping.

9. Use only the medications prescribed. Do not use other lotions, creams, or medications. They may irritate your skin.

10. Protect your hands for at least four months after your dermatitis has healed. It takes a long time for skin to recover, and, unless you're careful, dermatitis may recur.

11. Avoid application of neosporin ointment. Beadryl cream, or Solarcaine (Benzocaine, etc.) as it may worsen your conditions.

There is no fast "magic" treatment for hand dermatitis. Your skin must be given a rest from irritation. Follow these instructions carefully.

(ME AGAIN) OK. Most of that shit I didn't do, I did avoid doing laundry and doing dishes haha...who wouldn't? I didn't get any special gloves or shit, but I can understand why they say that cause even after mine healed last year, it came back again this year. Basically it just is a rash on my hands lower first finger...that itches when it gets irritated. So i know i still have it, but I never did use all of thes medication I was prescribed, which helped it.Hope some of the above helped.
                    "Fuck other people's thoughts. You don't need them. They're not yours for a reason. Believe what you want for a reason and tell everyone else to fuck off."-my brother.

Comment

I wash my hands too often while using those anti-bacterial soaps. Tend to dry the hell outta my hands, too.

Be sure to drink plenty of fluids and keep the moisturizer close by. Prefer one without perfumes.

A tip I use is before showering or bath, apply some moisturizer and after. The warm humidity will allow the moisture to absorb better.
                      "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before." - Poe

Comment

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Doro, Today, 05:53 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Doro
                      by Doro