Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soul intent
    replied
    i tore my rotator cuff almost 2 years ago at work carrying an oil tank out of a basement. two surgeries. 2titanium screws and 5 scars later i'm no better. I can't lift my arm above my head. the heaviest i can lift without severe pain is 30 pounds(and thats with both hands)

take care of your rotator cuffs man

Leave a comment:

• REPUBLICAN
    replied
    yeah I remember what they told me. I went to the PT for months. He said to do upperback exercises, because the more you strengthen your upper back the more you strengthen your rotator cuff.

Recommendation:

1) Long warm-up before working out. Most people do it for a second. Every warm up position do for a good amount of time.

2) Make back exercises a priority every time you go to the gym.

3) Avoid bench pressing / full push ups - they really set me back because I thought I could go back to bench pressing a month after I hurt my rotator cuff.

4) ICE ICE ICE.

Leave a comment:

• jonbrony
    replied
    btw...repped ya'll....thanksl

Leave a comment:

• jonbrony
    replied
    jsut went to the doc and apparently only have a minor tear that i need to do excersies for and possibly a physical therapist...hopefully ill be lifting good in a month .

Leave a comment:

• Angelus911
    replied
    I messed up my rotator cuff from swimming, I had been swimming since I was 6 then finally when I was in college it got to the point where I couldn't rotate my arm without severe pain...I still trained all season and did well at conferences.

After when I had surgery, the doc said that when my shoulder rotated it was 50% dislocated, so basically every time I rotated my shoulder, it almost dislocated. Not a fun time

Leave a comment:

• Plan_B
    replied
    ^good idea^
    one of my coaches from high school told e a good way strenghten back your injury is to small reps of push-ups then massage it for a while

Leave a comment:

• jgreen
    replied
    I've done it, in wrestling. Icing it every time you work out may or may not help...if you do, ice it AFTER, not before. I prefer heat, though.

make sure you just warm up every time before you work out...i tore my rotator cuff, and had to go to PT for a LONG time...I don't remember the names of the exercises they had me do, but they def helped. Look it up online, and use bands.

Leave a comment:

• REPUBLICAN
    replied
    hey...i hurt my rotator cuffs too the same way. Rotator Cuff Tendonitis to be specific... It has been a year since, and my shoulders are not like theyve use to. I went to a physical therapist. They tell you to do a lot of upper back exercises - that will strengthen your rot. cuffs. Also, every time you work out, I strongly recommend lots of icing. It sucks, and I feel like it will never get better, so just do less heavy lifting per week, and lot more icing and advil (anti-inflammatory) if it feels uncomfortable.

Leave a comment:

• jonbrony
    started a topic Rotator Cuff Injury

Rotator Cuff Injury

Hey been lifting pretty hard recently and wondering if anyone has injured their rotator cuff. I think i strained mine as it was hurting me alot benching and lifting in general. It has been a week and i haven't lifted with it. I have read articles on what to do to strengthen it, but am wondering when i should start doing them and how long on average the cuff takes to heal if its just a strain. I want to get back at it asap lol. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Post ad widget 300x250

Collapse

LATEST POSTS

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Deborahlanker, Today, 09:52 AM
4 responses
0 likes
Last Post Louiscuming  
Started by Nancystarkman, Today, 07:45 AM
0 responses
0 likes